Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    These look like they could be good. Too bad they only have chunkster sizes left...

Backcountry Dead Tree Zip-Off Knickers
    https://www.backcountry.com/backcoun...8a56b907ca4153

One thing needs to be said(for me)...you have to wash off the night's perspiration from your extremities' skin = will lead to much warmer hands and expecially feet.
    The layer next to the skin, to begin with, needs the thicker"expedition weight"..my favorites: Patagucci or Polarmax.

Once those two layers are taken care of....adding additional, breathable midlayer(s) helps the then the breathable outer layer, and half of my socks are wool...wool breathes nicely with more warmth....
    $.01....

Those insulated 3/4 shorts look dope, but where’s the fly? I don’t want to drop front trou just to take a leak.

TNF Freedom pants with a thin long underwear for me. That keeps me good to 0. And no, 38 isn't old. Losing 40 pounds is likely what's caused your newly-found coldness... That's a lot of insulation you've lost that needs some level of replacement. Congrats on the weight loss, assuming it was by design.