Honshu/Hakuba Backcountry - Anyone around?

Anyone around Honshu/Hakuba right now? Currently in Yazawa. Looking to explore and need backcountry partners. Probably driving to Hakuba next.

How long are you staying? I'll be in Hakuba in three weeks.

I'll be there on weds. Gonna tour on splitboards.

Be there on the 14th staying at Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by d542east View Post
    How long are you staying? I'll be in Hakuba in three weeks.
    I should be here for about another 3 weeks or so. Then a friend is coming to visit so I'll be in Tokyo for a few days the in Aomori for a bit, then back down to Hakuba area or perhaps up to Hokkaido again depending on a few things. Let me know your dates and hopefully we can link up.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I'll be there on weds. Gonna tour on splitboards.
    Me as well. You have any partners or areas in mind? I am going to hopefully meet up with a local guide and get some areas that are safe to go as well as get info on the dangerous areas. Lots of large avalanches these past 2 days and several people buried. One guy killed in Niigata to the north. Information isn't as readily available as it was on Hokkaido and the snowpack is a bit more dangerous so really trying to play it safe. I'll PM you with my WhatsApp # and other info and hopefully we can link up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Rider View Post
    Be there on the 14th staying at Shakespeare
    Right on. I think I'll still be in the area then. Have a commitment on the 17th through the 24th, but let's try and link up and ride.

I know some reputable guides around Yamagata if you're keen. Skin or cat. Gassan, Asahi, Zao BC.

*edited to add that I'm not skiing... on a bum knee. I can introduce you, though.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I know some reputable guides around Yamagata if you're keen. Skin or cat. Gassan, Asahi, Zao BC.

*edited to add that I'm not skiing... on a bum knee. I can introduce you, though.
    I'd love that. Sent you a PM

Pm noted-- but I'll put it here for future reference for others, as well.

Yasuhiro Kato: Mannzu: Tele skier. http://mannzu-freeheel.com

Yousuke Takahashi: Slopetactix: Snowboarder. https://www.slopetactix.com

Let me know some dates when you get closer and I'll ring whichever you'd like. Their English is sub-par, but they give it a go. Both of them know each other and often work together, as well.

Very often you can even find them at Zao's mountain top hotel-- Sangoro.

Their location depends on the weather.

I will arrive in Tsugaike the 21st. Renting a Subaru and bringing my splitboard and avy gear. Last day to ride is the 26th, and would be very keen to join any groups for single day tours, or just ride lifts/slack wherever in the Valley.

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk