Thread: 2011 Sickle 186

2011 Sickle 186

Free to a good home: 2011 Sickles in 186 with STH16s on at factory line for around 290mm BSL. No core shots but the bases ski a bit funny. Local pickup in NYC only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take them if you’ll ship - will pay for shipping

I live in NYC. Will pick them up if still available. PM-ing.

Holy moly that’s a great deal

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

One of the best all mountain easy going or charging effortlessly skis I’ve had in my possession... wish they’d brink it back

I've devoted months of my life to digging through the internet for the hidden newish pair but it doesn't exist. Really sad that these are at the end of their lifespan.

While we're on the subject, any of you guys find a suitable replacement? I've spent tons of time on that as well but no luck so far.

2011 Sickle 186

Quote Originally Posted by jslee View Post
    I've devoted months of my life to digging through the internet for the hidden newish pair but it doesn't exist. Really sad that these are at the end of their lifespan.

While we're on the subject, any of you guys find a suitable replacement? I've spent tons of time on that as well but no luck so far.

Praxis Rx.

It's not an exact match; different turn radius, camber and rocker but the construction feels really similar to me. I'm always on the prowl for a Sickle or a Caia Koopman (same ski), but have kind of stopped looking, sans Rx

Never tried either but maybe the new flat cambered Black Crows Corvus? From what I've read they're probably stiffer than the Sickle but the 2 seem to have fairly similar profiles

The Corvus tail is nothing like S6. Never skied the S6 (hope to try yours, I've read people complaining they have weird base material, so maybe a pro shop treatment would give them another year ot two of life). If I were looking for a replacement of similar profile I'd try Rx or J Metal but neither are flat camber. Maybe BlackOps if you are willing to go bigger or narrower.

I'd be also curious to try Movement Fly's, but alas you can't find them in North America (used to have Fly Swatters back in the days, these were stupid fun).

4frnt Devastators are pretty close imo. A little skinnier and softer and with a more pronounced rocker but they ski pretty close in all conditions except pow. The Sickles weren’t exactly Protests in the powder, but I never had complaints about how they float. Can’t say the same about the Devs.

Someone on CL has tele S6's for cheap - https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/so...782938137.html

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    4frnt Devastators are pretty close imo. A little skinnier and softer and with a more pronounced rocker but they ski pretty close in all conditions except pow. The Sickles weren’t exactly Protests in the powder, but I never had complaints about how they float. Can’t say the same about the Devs.
    I agree with this. Probably the biggest difference is simply the length. If there was a 188 devestator I think they'd be cult skis. I'm firmly against the whole quiver of 1 ski. But the devestator is the best ski in the market to fill that hole. Unfortunately I hear that 4frnt is changing it.

I’ll jump in line on these. Can definitely pick up in NYC this If shit falls through with the broski who said he’d take these, please let me know!

Took these out at Stowe this weekend. No tune, just some hot wax and remount (put them at 0 as I like traditional skis). Conditions were ranging from a foot of fresh on top of an ice crust in the woods to bumpy mix of soft piles with transitions to pure ice patches. Didn't go back to the Masterblasters afte switching to the Sickle. Obedient, super-solid ski. Confidence inspiring in the woods. Surprisingly much more solid and better hold on the bump-ice mix than the J. The tails never gave in even once despite the twin, while I had a couple of wipeouts on the J due to the tail slipping. Bases seemed fine to me on the cold snow.

I passed my set onto a friend. They are many things, but I moved that slot into the J Metal, which I enjoy. Great skis both.

Folsom Primary SRC. 95% match, now my daily driver.

Folsom Primary SRC. 95% match, now my daily driver.

Interesting.

The rocker lines look a lot deeper on that ski than I remember the sickle being... can you still engage the full side cut easily?

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Under foot is about as flat as the sickles. Tip and tail splay pretty close as well, I think? My memory of tip and tail say are a little hazy, but camber (or lack of) is spot on. No issues engaging side cut

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Interesting.

The rocker lines look a lot deeper on that ski than I remember the sickle being... can you still engage the full side cut easily?

Under foot is about as flat as the sickles. Tip and tail splay pretty close as well, I think? My memory of tip and tail say are a little hazy, but camber (or lack of) is spot on. No issues engaging side cut

Good to know... thanks.

I think the rocker profile on the sickle was less elliptical... very little rise at tip or tail before the normal tip rise started. More of a minimal "circular" rocker profile that was almost the negative of normal camber.

But that's going off memory from a ski I haven't had for about 5 or 6 years.

The reason I asked is that I tried other fully rockered skis of a similar vintage (g3 infidel) and they had too much rocker and you couldn't really fully engage the edge without laying them WAY over. The sickle didn't have that problem.

Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Curious did pinnacle tune these at one in time?

BTW I think my Devastors float fine but I mounted them a little back. I use them mostly in thicker denser snow, and when its lighter I use either my Hoji or Enforcer 100 depending on how I feel.

Had Sickles in the past. Great ski. Devs too.

J Ski Metal in my current quiver is pretty close. Fun but sort of chargy. My Metals have only approx 1mm of camber, almost flat, very Sickle/Dev-like.

K