Mammut Protection Airbag 3.0 / 30liter... Light vs. Ride?

Hi. Im in the desicion process betwene Mammuts Light or Ride version of the latest 3.0 Airbags.

The only difference i can see is that the Light version lacks "Integrated helmet carrier" and "Soft-lined goggle compartment" Is thas all that makes the 300gr weigth difference?

I work full time i skipatrole and probably use airbag backpack for about 50% lift based skiing and 50% short touring/ boot packing.carrying a snowboard. I have been doing fine carrying the helmet starped on one snowboard binding. And goggles in one jacket cargo pocket.
    Any suggestions ?

Skickat från min Chromebook 14 for work (CP5-471) via Tapatalk

Also lacks the beefier frame setup...probably the most significant weight saving item

The helmet carrier and goggle pocket are not the only things that make up those 300g's. The frame might make a big difference if you are patrolling at an area that has explosives work. Carrying 10-12 shots is heavy and you may want the beefier frame. For what it is worth, I have both RAS and the PAS airbags as well as a vest. I do not like the extra material on the PAS airbag in the shoulder straps. When you add my patrol vest and a radio, it becomes very bulky. I have been using my PAS for control work and switch over to an Airbag Vest for patrolling on questionable days. The RAS gives you better ability to switch packs or even to a vest quickly without the bulk in the shoulder straps. Hope this gives you some other things to think about.

On the Ride, the avy tools compartment is completely separate and accessible from the exterior of the pack. On the Light, the avy tools compartment is inside the main compartment of the pack - you open the main compartment, then open the avy tools compartment.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    On the Light, the avy tools compartment is inside the main compartment of the pack - you open the main compartment, then open the avy tools compartment.
    No. That might be true for the RAS version, but the light protection 3.0 (which is what the OP asked about) has a separate avy pocket accessible from the exterior. Even has a fancy red aluminum zipper pull to denote that it's the zipper to the "safety" compartment.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    No. That might be true for the RAS version, but the light protection 3.0 (which is what the OP asked about) has a separate avy pocket accessible from the exterior. Even has a fancy red aluminum zipper pull to denote that it's the zipper to the "safety" compartment.
    You're correct, I missed that in the title. I was looking at the RAS. Thanks for the correction.