Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Which account is yours? Both look great.
    I am Geraldine Fasnacht.

Crazy forecast for Chamonix - 70cm in ne t 24 hours!
    http://chamonix-meteo.com/chamonix-m...r_forecast.php

We are locked and loaded!! Heading to the airport first thing tomorrow morning. Decided to just go for it and hire a guide for a whole trip. Talking with him today, sounds like conditions are very good and it’s currently dumping!!!
    Thanks to all you for the great response and beta. Honestly wouldn’t have pulled the trigger without the support of the tgr collective. I will update with photos thoughout the week.

Stoke level is very high!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    We are locked and loaded!! Heading to the airport first thing tomorrow morning. Decided to just go for it and hire a guide for a whole trip. Talking with him today, sounds like conditions are very good and it’s currently dumping!!!
    Thanks to all you for the great response and beta. Honestly wouldn’t have pulled the trigger without the support of the tgr collective. I will update with photos thoughout the week.

It seems La Grave is right in the eye of this storm. If it stabilizes and the sun comes out as forecast that’s where i’d be headed early next week!

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/LaGrave/6day/mid

LG is getting dumped on. As is Serre Chevalier. It's snowed heavily all last night, and all day today

I was in LG yesterday, but it was only open to 2400, because they'd had very high wind the night before, and the whole mountain was closed today as the avy risk was 5

Even low down in Serre Chevalier, on not-steep terrain, it was easy to kick off big slabs today, so god knows how it was high up here and in LG

I'd agree it could well be epic next week, but it might also be quite wind fucked high up

WWMD- Last Minute Euro Trip???

^^^I saw some friends posting about the storm. Clavier trees perhaps?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post

How did the trip go?

Hoping to book flights for later this month for a solo trip and had a quick question that I haven’t exactly found the answer to in this or other threads. Is public transport any easier from Zurich or Geneva mid week. It seems the trains run midweek, where as transfers are only cheap on the weekends. Flights are about $1000 cheaper on week days.thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    Hoping to book flights for later this month for a solo trip and had a quick question that I haven’t exactly found the answer to in this or other threads. Is public transport any easier from Zurich or Geneva mid week. It seems the trains run midweek, where as transfers are only cheap on the weekends. Flights are about $1000 cheaper on week days.thanks.
    It kind of depends on where you're going but the trains run all days from both places.

https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Avoid transferring or using Zurich & Geneva airports on Saturday which is when the hordes travel in and out of the alps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Avoid transferring or using Zurich & Geneva airports on Saturday which is when the hordes travel in and out of the alps.
    Travel in general will be trickier on Saturday. Although it can be a good day to ski.

Great. I head back to Zurich to fly home on a sat from BBI. Can’t wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    It kind of depends on where you're going but the trains run all days from both places.

https://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html
    I was thinking Val D’isere/Cham just since they’re so close to Geneva, but it looks expensive to get a transfer unless it’s the weekend. Which means if I arrive midweek I would be committed to taking trains and staying in western Switzerland. But from Zurich it looks as if there’s a few more options by train, going as far as Austria. Thanks for the help all.

I was thinking Val D’isere/Cham just since they’re so close to Geneva, but it looks expensive to get a transfer unless it’s the weekend. Which means if I arrive midweek I would be committed to taking trains and staying in western Switzerland. But from Zurich it looks as if there’s a few more options by train, going as far as Austria. Thanks for the help all.

Any day of the week you can train it to Bourg St. Maurice if Val d'Isere is the goal or Cham .
    https://www.sncf.com/en

Val d'Isere requires a bus from the train in Bourg, but there's a number of them:
    https://www.checkmybus.com/bourg-sai...ice/val-disere

Switzerland is much easier to get around.

This is also a great resource:
    https://www.rome2rio.com/
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<