Dang, I like these little alkehol stoves

Trangia make a pretty sweet one, light, small, boils 2 cups of water in about 7 minutes. I picked up a Swedish surplus mess kit which is super nice but heavy.

Found a cheaper chinese knock off and gonna add it to the lower and upper Trangia wind screens along with a set of Al hard anno cooking set.

Stoked to get out a use it.

I also have the old stand by Jet boil and a Kelly Kettle.

What yall got and using out in the woods for cooking and heating up water?

Name:  Trangia-burner-Canadian-Out-620x338.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  17.0 KB
    Here is the Trangia in case someone has not heard of it.

Name:  10430b_orig.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  49.1 KB
    My Swedish surplus stove looks similar to this one but mine is the heavy duty SS

Name:  TRA-160278.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  23.8 KB
    The civilian Trangia with kit.

Name:  2015-kk_trekker_kit-600x600_new_model_.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  56.1 KB
    And since I mentioned it the Kelly kettle which is meant to be used with pieces of wood.

I've had good luck with a supercat.

Alcohol stoves are in every vehicle, parking lot, or forest road ditch. Beercan stove and some methyl hydrate (everyone has some to de-ice their locks, eh?).
    But ya, I have the nordish stove, get to camp and set it ablaze, set up the rest of camp, water is boiled for coffee/tea. Just have to put it out carefully, and make sure it is out before picking it up. That blue flame can be hard to see in daylight.

Yep, really kewl you can make one out of most any discarded can. Found out the Trangia has a wicking medium inside to improve the burn. I picked up an extra surplus one, its a bit larger than the civilian version and wind screen off ebay. They are fairly cheap and worth having them around in various packs and gear.