it's only a matter of time,

it's almost like slc, on the weekend.

magic deep canyon,

owyhee.

The horror.

Have fun at Coachella North.

moar boobs please

i miss pat's clever mish mash

watched an 18 wheeler fully jackknife across 3 lanes of traffic at 70 mph today, interstate.

looks like people died.

people.

For those who can't make it to Burning Man:

Burning Man 2020

I’m sure y’all in attendance are great people...

I’m just trying to get to Seattle for 24hrs. Walk into the Reno airport... This old dusty couple sitting on the floor with huge packs blocking everybody trying to check in... they’re trying to learn how to play "you are my sunshine" on the ukulele while people are literally stepping over them just to move up in line.

I’m not sure why this event/the attendees bug me so much. I know some great people who go every year from Tahoe. Maybe I just don’t see the point? Can any of the enlightened enlighten me?
    Last edited by gnarbro365; 09-03-2019 at 03:29 PM.

You dont seem like the enlightening type

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    For those who can't make it to Burning Man:

awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    You dont seem like the enlightening typeTGR Forums mobile app
    Classic.

I’m really just trying to get some perspective, because I obviously lack it. I’m genuinely curious.

Name:  daily-afternoon-randomness-49-photos-25-25.jpg
Views: 1036
Size:  382.0 KB

Is it about time to start the Burning Man 2021 thread?

It was wonderful. Came home with a wicked dose of playa lung, been coughing for 24 straight hours. Almost done with that and back to the real world.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    best comment was, "These people all sound like they'll be on House Hunters one day"
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post

It was wonderful. Came home with a wicked dose of playa lung, been coughing for 24 straight hours. Almost done with that and back to the real world.
    nevada is cool.

Name:  my-dog-wont-shut-the-fuck-up-about-the-time-36112508.jpg
Views: 767
Size:  280.7 KB
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Getting settled back in here. Lots of additional smaller art out on playa this year. Was pretty cool to check out.

Caught up with MTM for a bit on Tuesday night. He was the only one who made it out as far as I can tell. If others made it sorry I missed ya.

Some interesting characters in our camp this year and visiting our bar, as always

Splat- Same here got a bit of playa cough which is weird because I didn’t think it was all that windy/dusty this year. I rolled through the neighborhoods you thought you’d be camping but didn’t see your RV. Sorry we didn’t link up.

I had about 5 hours sleep over three days prior to showing up at 10 AM tuesday, then had a shift to work that I bailed on halfway through, only to crash for 15 hours.

Here's some whack fucks I was partying with.....

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I had about 5 hours sleep over three days prior to showing up at 10 AM tuesday, then had a shift to work that I bailed on halfway through, only to crash for 15 hours.
    Have you tried amphetamines? They'll get your mojo back.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

the urbanism of burning man by an economist: "And so when skeptics say that it will be too hard to plan for large new waves of urbanization, he says this instead: “Look at Burning Man! They grow to 70,000 people in one week.”

“It’s a metaphor for my sense of economics,” Mr. Romer said. “I picture an economist showing up at Burning Man and saying: ‘Oh, look! This is the miracle of the invisible hand. All of this stuff happens by self-interest, and it just magically appears.’ And there’s this huge amount of planning that actually is what’s required beneath it to make the order emerge.”
    On this point, the economist and the Burners kept converging: Freedom requires some structure, creativity some constraints. But it was becoming clear there was more to the structure and constraints at Burning Man than Mr. Romer imagined. As he learned that, he inched even further toward the urban planners.
    After 1996, the founders also began putting up a fence around the city, a pentagon with perfectly straight sightlines. Nominally, it is a “trash fence,” catching debris before it blows into the desert. But it also defines the edge of the city, so that it is possible to stand at the boundary line and stare out into an open desert uncluttered by tents or plywood art. The fence is an urban growth boundary. It is as much about keeping out interlopers as keeping people in.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/05/u...gtype=Homepage