Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Those fit all but the suspenders request.... May consider them. Ski Essentials also has these: Marmot Men's PreCip Full Zip Pants (not sure if they are strictly shell pants-like for all season hiking etc.)? Cuffs and a few things that typically are in ski pants...
    They also have a 10% off and free shipping site wide through Friday...
    You can just add some suspenders. That's easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Attachment 266317

I picked up a set of these for about $30 off ebay. They have top zips down to the cargo pocket and lower zips. Used them last week on a nice ski tour along with the top.
    worked well although I am able to sweat much faster than any soft shell with pit zips can transmit the vapor. EWCS GEN III is g2g. The tops and bottoms cost me $60 total.

I always wanted full side zips myself, mainly for the uphill venting and nature calls but the partial zips seem to work just as well for most every thing I need.
    That is cheap and I think I want that for hunting!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

I think not so hard to find, plenty here as cheap as $130, or go to any shop that has a lot of racers buying pants and they'll have 'em.

https://arctica.com/product-category/pants/mens-pants/
    [quote][//quote]

I have a pair of REI Shuksan full-zip pants, size XL that I'd sell. They're black and made of eVent fabric. Great pants, but they're my backups and I don't really ever use them. PM me if you're interested.
    Outlive the bastards - Ed Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by Pegleg View Post
    I have a pair of REI Shuksan full-zip pants, size XL that I'd sell. They're black and made of eVent fabric. Great pants, but they're my backups and I don't really ever use them. PM me if you're interested.
    Thanks for the offer, but I need probably a large (as mediums are usually 32 inch waste +or- an inch or so... XL would be just too large for me..

I’ve worn Spyder Tarantula full-zips since I was probably 14. Inexpensive and super durable (current pair have probably 400 days on snow, and still going strong).

Bought some Boulder Gear Bibs for $99. Like em. And since most of you seem to be baby boomers or late genXers you'll be happy to know they fit a depends nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Bought some Boulder Gear Bibs for $99. Like em. And since most of you seem to be baby boomers or late genXers you'll be happy to know they fit a depends nicely.
    Which model? I could not find Boulder Gear side zips on Sierra Trading Post and the 2 pair I've owned over the years were not bibs.

Bought my girlfriend a pair of these. Loves em.
    https://www.the-house.com/ch4bilb06b...ard-pants.html

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post
    Bought my girlfriend a pair of these. Loves em.
    https://www.the-house.com/ch4bilb06b...ard-pants.html
    Not seeing the full side zips on these. At least as I understand ‘full side zip’ to be something you can take a dump while wearing without having to remove layers.

https://en.dare2b.com/product/tuned-...rousers-black/ - Saw someone I know wearing some pair of Dare2b - full side zip with removable suspenders today. Not 100% sure if they were this exact model or not (these may not even be ski pants- as I look at them and the description). But will try and follow up with the guy to find out the exact model he was wearing.
    Last edited by RShea; 02-05-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Bump, so nobody has any information on the dare2b line? Their web site is not the greatest- pictures and descriptions are really not that great- must be a UK or English translation as they call every pair trousers (which I think of dress pants...)

Best as I can tell they could be: Men’s Pace Setter Pro II Ski Pants Black

But nowhere can that be found on the markings. Says "AEP Kinetics" and "Ared 20 000 VO2 Stretch" on them...

https://en.dare2b.com/product/mens-p...i-pants-black/
    Last edited by RShea; 02-10-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Think Mammut does. Will report back on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Follow-up. So I was finally near a shop that was listed on the Dare 2b listing of retailers over the weekend. Stopped in and tried on the large Pacesetter II (regular length inseem) and they seem to fit the bill. 20K material so hopefully pretty good waterproof for those days there are wet chair lifts. Probably will not see any action immediately as base is getting pretty thin. Could have tried them out over the weekend but was only out for a few hours for probably what will be the end of this year's ski season around here for me at least.

You need mountaineering pants, not ski pants

Something you can take off while wearing crampons.
    Most ski pants only have thigh vents these days
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    You need mountaineering pants, not ski pants

Something you can take off while wearing crampons.
    I don't really care what they are called- ski pants, snow pants, mountaineering pants. As stated above- these Dare 2b are called trousers on some sites (UK influence I guess). I do not own or wear crampons, so there is that...

They for sure make full side zip pants out there and a lot of them sometimes like 90% of the people at the ski area are wearing them. Seems like every racer and their dad wears those Artica full side zip pants. I have no idea if they are any good and you will look like a racer dad wearing any of these pants.
    Full breakaway pants with like velcro or snaps all the way to the top are where it's at tho. I think you will have to go full custom to get the desired effect and take off your pants in <1/2 a second as you drop in.

While well above the OP’s price range, both the arcteryx alpha and beta hardshell lines are full side zipper. I have both the beta ar and alpha sv, and I am very happy using them for hard weather sledding and touring.