Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    bump! Anyone else have experience with the ascension? Maybe some knowledge of the difference between the two models - I am looking at the SC.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

bumping this thread. Curious what people think about the boot - I recently tried it on and it felt super soft for a boot with supposed 120 flex.

Curious if anyone has tried switching out the tongues to the stiffer version too.

I'm waiting for our local store to get stock from K2 for the new lineup so I can try them on. The diverge SC looks like ascendant SC replacement with the pro tour wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndDivision_2.0 View Post
    bumping this thread. Curious what people think about the boot - I recently tried it on and it felt super soft for a boot with supposed 120 flex.

Curious if anyone has tried switching out the tongues to the stiffer version too.
    In my experience with the original Full Tilt/Raichle shells and tongues their stated flex numbers were about 10 points high when compared with the broader market (e.g. FT 120 approx. equals other brands' 110.) The Descendant/Ascendant shells have considerably lower cuff heights than the original FT/Raichle shells, too, and consequently you have more leverage over the top the tongue when flexing those models (especially if you're tall and/or have long shins), potentially "softening" their flex even further.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    In my experience with the original Full Tilt/Raichle shells and tongues their stated flex numbers were about 10 points high when compared with the broader market (e.g. FT 120 approx. equals other brands' 110.) The Descendant/Ascendant shells have considerably lower cuff heights than the original FT/Raichle shells, too, and consequently you have more leverage over the top the tongue when flexing those models (especially if you're tall and/or have long shins), potentially "softening" their flex even further.

That's an interesting point on the height on the boot. I definitely noticed it being pretty short, so that's probably why it felt so soft, on top of the lower flex than I'm used to.

May need to wait for K2 to get all there updates sorted/shipped before thinking about getting this boot, cause I definitely would want to replace the tongue with the stiffer version if possible.
    If you get rad, and no one sees you get rad, did you get rad?

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndDivision_2.0 View Post
    That's an interesting point on the height on the boot. I definitely noticed it being pretty short, so that's probably why it felt so soft, on top of the lower flex than I'm used to.

May need to wait for K2 to get all there updates sorted/shipped before thinking about getting this boot, cause I definitely would want to replace the tongue with the stiffer version if possible.
    I'm sticking with the closest corollary, my Dalbello Lupos, until we get a 50/50 boot on the original shells...which will likely never come I've heard good things about the Roxas, too, but haven't tried them on since I opted for the Lupos a few years ago.

I’m 5’11 with short legs. They felt ridiculously short to drive any ski more then a touring ski. They are soft. Like a 110. The buckles I found awesome. The liner was great. Heal hold was awesome. The toe box is crazy wide and didnt feel locked in for me. And they were super heavy. Went back to a Lange with 100 last xt3 50/50 and much happier with the height, fit, and power.

I have a pair and like them, although I'm a 30 day-a-year eastern-Canada lift-served skier, so really can't say much else.

I did have a broken collarbone that can attest to the soft, progressive flex. I probably would have been ok if I was wearing my Rossignols, but I've adjusted and don't worry about it anymore.

Would/will definitely buy again, but can see why they wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. Not the most confidence inspiring in terms of construction and flex.