Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pomoca Skins Replacement Plastic Tail Clip

Does anyone know if Pomoca sells replacement hard plastic tail clips for kind? If not anyone have suggestions on how to fix the tail clips on Pomoca skins?

Thanks for any tips 👍

Check with skimo.co they might have something.

Assuming you have the length, you could cut the old one off and put a Black Diamond one on.

Or G3.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

check K2 Universal skin connector kit. They are reliable and easy to use.

they have this where your desired part is included. http://www.pomoca.com/de/accessoires...ail_strap_.php

just write pomoca directly. I think they will know.

This looks easier to install than the BDs. Ryan, I'd consider these.

It is really easy to just slip on the new plastic - even easier. I am just saying that they sell something that contains the part Ryan needs so it should be possible to get the little plastic clip.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoK View Post
    It is really easy to just slip on the new plastic - even easier. I am just saying that they sell something that contains the part Ryan needs so it should be possible to get the little plastic clip.
    Yep, understood. I'm not very handy and I struggled with both the BD and the G3 kits. Probably would not be a problem for those who are more skilled, but for me the Pomoca replacement kit looks simpler. To be fair, both of the replacement tails I installed are still running and show no signs of quit. Just took me a long time to get the rivet plates to sink in.

Does anyone else have issues with these? I have also broken one this year, and every time I put them on when it is cold (-20) I feel like the plastic about to break due to it being so brittle. MEC couldn't figure out how to get a replacement clip so they just gave me bland new skins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30949683-D9FD-41B4-9F54-15CA41AF550E.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	536.8 KB 
ID:	266100
    Last edited by ryanpraski; 02-13-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mg. View Post
    Does anyone else have issues with these?
    Easy fix if they sold the clip by itself. If not all you do is slide the old clip off, put a Black Diamond clip on, and put the old plastic clip on to hold the BD clip in place. Den

If you just email pomoca they will send replacements for free, awesome service

I got the replacement clips from Pomoca. Does anyone know how to get the old clips off and then new clips on? I can’t get the clips I’ve thr button near the back of the tail strap and I can’t seem to get the button off. Any ideas?

Use some kind of tool to get the button off

If that doesn't work

Turn in your man card
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by ryanpraski View Post
    I got the replacement clips from Pomoca. Does anyone know how to get the old clips off and then new clips on? I can’t get the clips I’ve thr button near the back of the tail strap and I can’t seem to get the button off. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Use some kind of tool to get the button off

If that doesn't work

Turn in your man card
    yeah this one isn't hard. just hit it with a hammer??

maybe cut off the button and just put in a new one (that will be easier to remove) after the swap.

For the record: newer models of pomoca skins don't have the button anymore and the clip can be replaced without any tools.

bumping an old thread because I keep breaking these garbage plastic pomoca clips in cold weather. Went for a frankenclip by clipping off the broken hooked section but keeping the body of the old pomoca plastic clip, and then wedging a METAL black diamond tail clip on there. Works like a charm.

Name:	skin2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	734.8 KB 
ID:	368773

Name:	skin.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	368774

I think in an effort to make skins lighter/ sexier the skin mfgers are going so light and sexier than the other company, such funky new designs that the stuff is breaking, you use this stuff by walking on it and they are making it too wimpy

Has anybody found a cleaner tail clip for the Pomocas...specifically for thicker tails? Not only do those clips break, they do NOT mate nicely with average to thicker tails, you have to slide on the clips from the side.

Have you tried the twin tip tail clip?
    https://www.evo.com/climbing-skins/p...4aAuB2EALw_wcB

I also mocked this up a while back for Pomoca, if you have a specific dimension you would want I can adjust the settings. Also happy to print it out if you covered shipping.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4682896
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

Quote Originally Posted by chill winston View Post
    bumping an old thread because I keep breaking these garbage plastic pomoca clips in cold weather. Went for a frankenclip by clipping off the broken hooked section but keeping the body of the old pomoca plastic clip, and then wedging a METAL black diamond tail clip on there. Works like a charm.

Name:	skin2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	734.8 KB 
ID:	368773
    Winner! The stock Pomoca ones suck anyway.

IIRC someone on here made some 3D printed clips for fatter tails, but I can't remember who now. (Helpful, I know.)

I've been meaning to graft some G3 tail clips (my personal favorite) onto my Pomoca skins but haven't gotten around to it yet.

if you got a broken rubber tip stretcher on a pomoca/ dynafit skin instead of paying 14$ each for for repelacements I got a cheap n easy fix that will cost you a few bucks

you need a couple of 2/ 12 inch aluminum roofing nails and a couple feet of 3MM bungy,

tie a knot in the bungy so you got a loop just big enough to put a finger thru this will give you the right tension on the bungy

cut the heads off the nails , put the nail shaft thru the loop and clip the nail shaft into the slot in the skin ... thats it

spend the $$ you saved on beer and think nice things about that XXX guy

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    if you got a broken rubber tip stretcher on a pomoca/ dynafit skin instead of paying 14$ each for for repelacements I got a cheap n easy fix that will cost you a few bucks

you need a couple of 2/ 12 inch aluminum roofing nails and a couple feet of 3MM bungy,

tie a knot in the bungy so you got a loop just big enough to put a finger thru this will give you the right tension on the bungy

cut the heads off the nails , put the nail shaft thru the loop and clip the nail shaft into the slot in the skin ... thats it

spend the $$ you saved on beer and think nice things about that XXX guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah1M...hannel=Frdnsyh

You got any pics of this - having a hard time visualizing this
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net