Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bent Chet 120

Bent Chet 120

Is there a thread? If so I missed it.

184 vs 192?

Recommended mount is like -3. But like, I dont land cliffs switch?? #nerd

Weight on 184 is supposedly 1750g (nutzo no?)

I dont own the ski but am thinking about the 192 and mounting shifts at -5 or -6, kinda like the Bibby

Have you read this thing: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...nt-chetler-120 ?

They do sound like mighty fine soft snow killers for sure

Bentchetlers aren’t TGR approved powder skis so you better ask about them on Newschoolers or Pugski.

they are one of the softest skis I ever tried

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    In a bad way ?

The Blister review of the BC 120 has me hot and bothered too. I hand fondled some in the shop, seemed soft at the tips and tails but not ridiculously so. And fukking light.

Loving mine so far. 184s, mounted at recommended (-2.5), 5’10”, 165lbs. Definitely not the softest skis I’ve ridden in the category of lightweight fatties, but they’re soft for sure. Nollie, ollie, and butterable while remaining reasonably stable, though I haven’t really had them in anything too nasty yet. There’s not a ton of camber there, just a few mm, but you definitely notice it and the accompanying ability to hold an edge on hardpack. I’m coming off years of riding rocker-flat-rocker as a daily driver, and the Bent Chetlers ride much more like a traditional ski. Obviously killer in anything resembling soft snow.

Regarding length, I entertained the idea of getting the 192s, but any time I’ve ridden something 190+ I feel like I’m giving up a ton of playfulness for a little bit of extra charge. Obviously you might feel different if you’re bigger and/or taller.

is anybody skiing the 120 with a Fritschi Tecton?

Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    is anybody skiing the 120 with a Fritschi Tecton?
    Skiing? No.

But they’re on my bench and that’s the planned mount. Being a dad to a 9 month old is making it tough to get to it, but I’ll be able to review this combo before the season ends for sure.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I've had the 2016 2.0 chetler and now have this lightweight version of the 2.0. They are soft for sure, but if your not using these for soft snow, your doing it wrong. Mounted at -2cm of rec and I would not go forward of that (this coming from a guy who loves switch skiing). Really excellent powder touring ski, extremely easy and fun. I highly doubt would like riding them on the hill compared to my hill set ups (rossi sickles 186 or rossi black ops 186) I don't think they would have the power/stiffness/dampness to make choppy stuff enjoyable. I'm 5'9 135lbs

Idea would be soft snow touring or super soft snow at the resort or messing around. I have BGs for destroying crud and/or my legs and ankles (:

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by HukuTa_KydecHuk View Post
    Have you tried the JJ zero yet?
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Idea would be soft snow touring or super soft snow at the resort or messing around. I have BGs for destroying crud and/or my legs and ankles (:

Exactly how I felt about the BGs. I'm too pussy to fuckin' ski them but they do charge through anything and everything. I needed the day off after my pow day at Jackson on 'em.

Bent Chet 120

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    Exactly how I felt about the BGs. I'm too pussy to fuckin' ski them but they do charge through anything and everything. I needed the day off after my pow day at Jackson on 'em.
    HA. I know what you mean. if I ski them more than 2 days in a row, I feel it. Three and forget about it. I don't know how folk DD them. Still my fav ski but there's a tax
    Last edited by margotron; 01-23-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    Have you tried the JJ zero yet?
    Nope, I only skied JJ 2.0 in couple of years ago. Haven't flexed them face to face, but I felt like new chetler is even softer.

I had it down to the Bent Chetler or the JJ Zero before the season. Went with the Bent Chetler because it was the base model, not a light version of another model. With the amount of weight dropped between the standard JJ and the JJ Zero I had a gut feeling that the Zero would be sloppy.

Thumbs up BC 120 vs new Spur

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Is there a thread? If so I missed it.

184 vs 192?

Recommended mount is like -3. But like, I dont land cliffs switch?? #nerd

Weight on 184 is supposedly 1750g (nutzo no?)

I dont own the ski but am thinking about the 192 and mounting shifts at -5 or -6, kinda like the Bibby
    Am also considering the 192 and mounting further back....but also quite interested in the Spur with shifts. Its heavier, but a directional ski and Im too old to ski assforward so if anyone has skied both these and has input much appreciated.
    Life is all about ass...either you are covering it,
    kicking it, hauling it, kissing it, or trying to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by burrito View Post
    I had it down to the Bent Chetler or the JJ Zero before the season. Went with the Bent Chetler because it was the base model, not a light version of another model. With the amount of weight dropped between the standard JJ and the JJ Zero I had a gut feeling that the Zero would be sloppy.
    Well, I mean, you can't get sloppier than regular JJ anyway Regular JJ is actually really heavy for it's size. 175 is around 2100g and that's with half of sidewall, thin edges and all the other shit. I guess they just updated the core to a more trendy and lightweight mix and marketed it as zero.

I think I'm going w the 192. Curious what they actually weigh in at. Will report back

Bent Chet 120

Mounted. Sunny after the rain this weekend, so I’ll be in the park. Will drop a review once I get them into some out of bounds snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4677.JPG 
Views:	328 
Size:	724.3 KB 
ID:	266084

Name:	IMG_4678.JPG 
Views:	581 
Size:	248.2 KB 
ID:	266085

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Mounted. Sunny after the rain this weekend, so I’ll be in the park. Will drop a review once I get them into some out of bounds snow.
    Yessss!

Mounted at recommended line?

What brake size on the Tectons?

Quote Originally Posted by DGamms View Post
    Yessss!

Mounted at recommended line?

What brake size on the Tectons?
    Mounted -2 from recommended,
    Which is -4.5 from center I believe. Shorter ski than usual, so I didn’t want to deviate any more than that.

Wide AF - I think they are the 120s/XL. PLENTY of room on either side.

Nice! Like the yellow choice on the bindings. Do you think the 110 brake would fit? I already have 115 crampons for the Vipec but I doubt they would fit...but I think these are the widest Vipec/Tecton crampons made...

Quote Originally Posted by tomh79 View Post
    Nice! Like the yellow choice on the bindings. Do you think the 110 brake would fit? I already have 115 crampons for the Vipec but I doubt they would fit...but I think these are the widest Vipec/Tecton crampons made...
    Wish I had thought of that sooner, but I’ll check. Have the wide crampons in the shop.

Ugh they look so fun

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Wish I had thought of that sooner, but I’ll check. Have the wide crampons in the shop.
    Technically they will work. They are snug to the sidewalls, but in a pinch, they will work.

Name:	IMG_4681.JPG 
Views:	326 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	266171

Name:	IMG_4682.JPG 
Views:	292 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	266172