Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Don't resist!
    Pm sent. :-/

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Pulled the trigger. Extra 10% off for Presidents weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Pulled the trigger. Extra 10% off for Presidents weekend.
    So did I. Fuckn Gear Swap, always taking money I don’t have.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    So did I. Fuckn Gear Swap, always taking money I don’t have.

thanks hick. I'll send you tracking # later.

Hick,

This is one you won't regret.

Any concerns about mounting mtn/backland bindings on these?
    get paid

According to skimo.com, toe is fine but the pattern of the hell is 27mm wide, it’s a bit narrow. The Raider I’ve got on my 109 got a 30mm wide pattern at the toe and no problem so far. Wider at the heel.

I think that to be fully inside the template, pattern needs to be 32 mm wide, something like that (maybe 34 ?).

If you don’t already have the binding personally I’d choose something else like a plum wepa/pika, or an ATK Crest which are a bit more inside the supposed template. Or the marker alpinist which is 100% inside.

That being said it’s not certain that you’ll have problems if you mount the mtn ...

Ive seen people with vipecs on their vwerks in Verbier (28 mm wide at the heel).

https://skimo.co/tech-binding-hole-patterns

H-pattern is horseshit marketeering. I thought that's been well established in other threads.

Can anyone prove that there's any structural reinforcement regarding the H-pattern? I haven't seen it yet. When I drilled some BMT's, the holes fell within the H-pattern, yet I still encountered milled voids.

Any concerns about mounting mtn/backland bindings on these?
    I mounted MTN's on my vwerks Katanas. I used g flex epoxy and have had no problems after 60ish days in the bc. I am fairly light at 170 (plus pack), and don't ski particularly chargey, so ymmv.

V werks skis and BMT skis are laid up very different- almost 2x the carbon in V werks- so I wouldn't automatically assume parity between a V werks and BMT ski.

That said, I feel comfortable attesting to the retention capability of the Volkl carbon touring skis when used with something other than a Marker binding. I currently use, or have spent time using, each of the following pairings:

V werks Katana w/ Plum guide- mounted with Roo Glue melamine
    V werks Mantra w/ Trab TR2- mounted with Roo Glue melamine
    BMT 94 w/ Vertical FT- mounted with epoxy
    BMT 90 w/ SSL 2.0- mounted with epoxy

Never have experienced any problems whatsoever. This assumes a competent mount is done with care.

Thanks for the insight everyone. Limited budget means I might have to give the backland a try and I'll just reinforce with epoxy.
    get paid

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    V werks skis and BMT skis are laid up very different- almost 2x the carbon in V werks- so I wouldn't automatically assume parity between a V werks and BMT ski.

That said, I feel comfortable attesting to the retention capability of the Volkl carbon touring skis when used with something other than a Marker binding. I currently use, or have spent time using, each of the following pairings:

V werks Katana w/ Plum guide- mounted with Roo Glue melamine
    V werks Mantra w/ Trab TR2- mounted with Roo Glue melamine
    BMT 94 w/ Vertical FT- mounted with epoxy
    BMT 90 w/ SSL 2.0- mounted with epoxy

Never have experienced any problems whatsoever. This assumes a competent mount is done with care.
    Hm, both my BMTs say V-Werks on them .

I don't doubt that the Katana and Mantra have more carbon, just haven't heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Hm, both my BMTs say V-Werks on them .

I don't doubt that the Katana and Mantra have more carbon, just haven't heard it before.
    Not that I trust everything that a rep says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g87WGQx3D0Y

11 sheets vs. 6 sheets.

Roger

Thanks for the insight everyone. Limited budget means I might have to give the backland a try and I'll just reinforce with epoxy.
    X2!! Mounting some Vertical FTs carefully with epoxy here. Will be skiing these with TLT6 performance as a deeeep penetration set up not charging on this shit. I assume I’ll be fine.

With the BMTs, any concerns with putting a second mount 1cm next to an existing mount? Have had a breakage with other carbon skis in the past and feel a little apprehensive moving my mount point.

Quote Originally Posted by STLHD View Post
    With the BMTs, any concerns with putting a second mount 1cm next to an existing mount? Have had a breakage with other carbon skis in the past and feel a little apprehensive moving my mount point.
    If it's in the H reinforcement and epoxied in I think you should be fine. I think also it is important which holes. If ALL the holes are very close to other holes I would be a touch more apprehensive. The wood cores under the H are equally substantial to any other ski wood core.

Helpful. Thanks.

Anybody pick up a pair of these that they are willing to sell? I'm a buyer if you want to get rid of them like N1ck.

PSA: Völkl BMT 94 (186 only) $350 shipped

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Anybody pick up a pair of these that they are willing to sell? I'm a buyer if you want to get rid of them like N1ck.
    Local shop had some 15’s undrilled for $300. Be happy to facilitate shipping. PM if you’re interested.

Last edited by ffmedic84; 03-06-2019 at 05:53 PM.

My god these ski wider than they should! A skinny ski that can slarve and floats way better than a 94 waisted ski should. So stoked to go deeep on these! Thanks again N1ck! Ended up mounting Marker Alpinist on them, they were cheap and light. Hopefully I don’t end up hating myself in the middle of nowhere if I get Markered. Never had a pair in 30+ years of skiing.

My god these ski wider than they should! A skinny ski that can slarve and floats way better than a 94 waisted ski should. So stoked to go deeep on these! Thanks again N1ck! Ended up mounting Marker Alpinist on them, they were cheap and light. Hopefully I don’t end up hating myself in the middle of nowhere if I get Markered. Never had a pair in 30+ years of skiing.

Another BMT convert! Still haven't mounted these 94s... stoked to get on them. Blown away by the pow perf of the 109... ideal winter pow touring stick IMO

Yeah, Volkl really fucked the dog when they discontinued the 94's. Haven't been on them but I suspect the BMT 90's are good sticks though aren't going to be as versatile as the 94's, As far as weight goes, I put my 186cm 94's on my lab scale and they came to an average of 1,512 grams flat, significantly lighter than stated weight (same with my 109's). What's not to like. If I had just a few more $ laying around I would pick up a backup pair.

Markered. Hehe...

that setup sounds light! glad you're enjoying 'em.

If anyone has a pair of these to sell hit me up. I’ve decided to go summit Shasta.