Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Whatever Happened To The Denizens Of Epicski?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I remember PowDork once posted footage of skiing Terminal Cancer (I think) and the thread devolved into whether it was actual skiing or not. And for such a tight couloir, he skied it pretty fluidly for the most part. lol... guessing that was one of his last posts there. That's about the time I jumped ship.
    I only lurked there....for gear news/tuning stuff........but it always seemed the regulars posting “it’s only real skiing if your “carving” on your sub 80 underfoot skis”....anybody on anything over 90 underfoot is an idiot and doesn’t know how to ski.......

I was always entertained by the pics/videos put on there.....I would find myself saying, “that guy/girl is giving advice???....lol

never caught on there bc they all seemed like dumbasses
    but just googled about that sunshine ski patrol firing. I hope the owners son has experienced some serious karma. or he's got some coming. damn what a douche
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    I dunno, I like to think my movie reviews in the Netflix, Amazon Prime, Redbox, and Ongoing Movies In Theaters threads are legit...
    I'm still thinking about my review of this post.

Who fucking cares. You want to talk about the Hittites, or Lydians or the Tanguts and I'm all ears. But I give zero fucks about the boring fucks from Epicski. That was one culture that deserved to be extinguished.

Fuckin' Tanguts. I hate those guys.

Whatever Happened To The Denizens Of Epicski?

Most Facebook ski groups are kooky in a bad way but you already knew that

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Fuckin' Tanguts. I hate those guys.
    Lucky for you Genghis Khan massacred all their prominent citizens, including their last emperor, reduced their capital to smoldering rubble, salted their fields and burned all their written records.

What I'm saying is that he should have spared the Tanguts and saved his wrath for the bouncing bears or whatever the fuck they called themselves. People who do their best to make skiing boring deserve the Wrath of Khan!

the shatner episode of fantasy island was my favorite in the whole series...

There is a thread over there about skiing the west for the first time by TwoChordCool.
    It is phenomenal. 2,000+ posts debating if it a good thing.
    It's probably on Wayback machine. I lurked through the entire thing. What a beautiful slow motion car wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Most Facebook ski groups are kooky in a bad way but you already knew that
    I stopped following them when ttips went away and they switched to Facebook because I am not on Facebook, however, the Clinton River folks are kooky in a good way. Their antics on ttips were a good representation of what goes on here. I miss the beer reviews. And face it, we are kooks too. Anyone here that can't admit that should go hang with Greg on AZ.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    There is a thread over there about skiing the west for the first time by TwoChordCool.
    It is phenomenal. 2,000+ posts debating if it a good thing.
    It's probably on Wayback machine. I lurked through the entire thing. What a beautiful slow motion car wreck.
    Pretty sure that was a troll. Dude said he'd never skied before but bought 186 cm MX 88s because he lied to GF and her family about being a great skier. I never believed for a minute that was a legit story. And, ya, BOOTS FIRST!!! was the whole first page of it..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Did he have surprise buttsex with Tattoo?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Did he have surprise buttsex with Tattoo?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    never caught on there bc they all seemed like dumbasses
    but just googled about that sunshine ski patrol firing. I hope the owners son has experienced some serious karma. or he's got some coming. damn what a douche
    Hell probably wind up as Prime Minister of Canada. Sorry.

I actually posted there before powmag, and b4 this place got built by ONS. How I "met" a number of people on here including KQ & the OP ( who I still have never met in person oddly enough) . 2000ish?
    There was a great guy named harpo there, skied on 200 FFS built like a linebacker, charged lines at Alta I didnt even know about after skiing there for 15 years at that point. Was actually with him when i met Frozenwater, who we both thought was a kook at first.
    Obv F grew on me.

Think Xover worked for him @ UDOT?
    Anyhow, lotta ski instructor types but some good folks.

"Ski the fast line slow" heh

Meh. I'm waiting for the dookey review before I say.
    "Can't you see..."

I was always amazed at how many collisions they have all had......and it was/is always the other guys fault. Then pages and pages of skier code posts....horrible parenting, jail time for 10 year olds, etc...lol....hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    I was always amazed at how many collisions they have all had......and it was/is always the other guys fault. Then pages and pages of skier code posts....horrible parenting, jail time for 10 year olds, etc...lol....hilarious.
    You get into a lot more crashes with others when you're primarily skiing blues.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You get into a lot more crashes with others when you're primarily skiing blues.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    Meh. I'm waiting for the dookey review before I say.
    lol, solid.
    Last edited by pisteoff; 01-23-2019 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You get into a lot more crashes with others when you're primarily skiing across the blind landing zones of the terrain park.
    Or just standing there oblivious. Several rants about having the right of way per out dated version of code there over the years
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

What about the black diamonds would make you wanta hit titties? I mean, ther titties. grab them, but sweet jezus. don't hit'em.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Never got banned but I called somebody an Insect and much gnashing of teeth and oh my-ing ensued.

I was warned.
    Ha, I was warned once too

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    They got cease and desist orders from the Scuffield lawyers over that Sunshine Valley vs Ski Patrols fiasco a couple years ago. Heard TGR also got them over it.
    I got named in that shit too. I'm sure the trollers got fuct, never heard the outcome

still not over apparently: https://calgarysun.com/news/local-ne...llage-incident (updated June 2018)