Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Whatever Happened To The Denizens Of Epicski?

Are there still constant arguments in the innerwebs on proper angulation? How about the dispute between 1 vs 2 deg side edge angle?

My favorite gapic episode was when some douche started lecturing Gunderson about what exposure to use in skiing shots.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

They went to Pugski and Alpine Zone

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    How about the dispute between 1 vs 2 deg side edge angle?
    That's over in the ON#P thread

My favorite gapic episode was when some douche started lecturing Gunderson about what exposure to use in skiing shots.
    I would love to read that exchange. I am sure it was epic, what with Grant's photography knowledge, coupled with his legendary inability to spell, leading the Gapic jong to assume he was talking to someone that had no clue, and causing him to dig his grave even deeper. Am I close?

There were far more hilarious exchanges than that. Think big name professional skier getting lectured about venturing into the backcountry, maybe taking a course. lol...

I hope the Wear the Fox Hat choked on his hat.

Got a ban for a month after he spewed some inane shit and I called him out on that...and stated that he is a rancid old cunt.

Go figure.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.

It's here. look for sumjongguy in the football threads. think he was craighilldart or some such in a past life.
    "Can't you see..."

^^^That's right UGASkiDog=Shredgnar SnoFun?

Most of us left when Nolo sold it to Vail. Some hung around til the bitter end. Forums everywhere pretty much peaked in activity around 2008 then slowly died. Actually kinda surprised this place is still going. PugSki is giving it a hard run but actual active membership there is probably well under 300.. ACTIVE posting regularly. Probably quite a few more lurkers, but nowhere near what this place and EpicSki were doing around 2006.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Meathelmet View Post
    and stated that he is a rancid old cunt.
    Damn that made me laugh. yah, they like to argue. think I posted there.
    once.
    InaVanDownbytheRiver I think I was.

wasn't there some raging argument here or there, falling leaf some shit?
    "Can't you see..."

The TGRz is only good for cat stoke and home made pizza info.

Oh, and gift ideas from KQ.

who gives a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post

Oh, and gift ideas from KQ.
    Ha, i also buy gear here sometimes.

Never got banned but I called somebody an Insect and much gnashing of teeth and oh my-ing ensued.

I was warned.

I got warned for making fun of Martin Bell in a thread about when Carridan website ads were saying he would personally deliver their $5,000.00 skis. I think I posted a photo of Eddie the Eagle and said isn't that this guy??

I only ever really posted there when we staged an invasion, is was in like 2002 or something, we were posting nonsense and insults all over that place for a day or two They kept banning the accounts almost immediately and finally they blocked all new accounts for a while.

As fast as we were starting new accounts and posting shit they kept deleting the accounts, it might have been Floater who said "accounts are going up and down over there faster than a 2 dollar hooker giving a blowjob!"

All it was all a goof but it sure made them mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    It's here. look for sumjongguy in the football threads. think he was craighilldart or some such in a past life.
    Totally explains his "expertise" in the G3 Zed thread.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Totally explains his "expertise" in the G3 Zed thread.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    I would love to read that exchange. I am sure it was epic, what with Grant's photography knowledge, coupled with his legendary inability to spell, leading the Gapic jong to assume he was talking to someone that had no clue, and causing him to dig his grave even deeper. Am I close?
    Pretty much. Finally someone who knew who Gunderson was (common knowledge) asked something along the lines of “do you know the guy you’re arguing with has scored a bunch of magazine covers?” Didn’t make a difference though.

My favorite guy was dchan...always good for some minute issue of technique

I'm going to bring some Epicness here--every time someone asks advice on skis I'm going to tell them to get better fitting boots first. My favorite thread was Mr Gray vs Mr Red--2 skiers collide, which is at fault? Went on for many, many pages.

It is true, most recreational level skiers could improve their skiing by being in properly fitted boots.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Are there still constant arguments in the innerwebs on proper angulation? How about the dispute between 1 vs 2 deg side edge angle?
    3 degree side, gaper (seriously, go to 3 degrees--I'm a little torn on base edge angles, though).

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I only ever really posted there when we staged an invasion, is was in like 2002 or something, we were posting nonsense and insults all over that place for a day or two They kept banning the accounts almost immediately and finally they blocked all new accounts for a while.

As fast as we were starting new accounts and posting shit they kept deleting the accounts, it might have been Floater who said "accounts are going up and down over there faster than a 2 dollar hooker giving a blowjob!"

All it was all a goof but it sure made them mad.
    Pretty sure it was more like 2000 or 2001 when we did that. I remember I registered over there right before the invasion as 'Philth' because Phil Pug was moderating. They tolerated me for a little while before I got banned living up to the username.

Even better was our war with the snowboarders (Snowboarder Magazine or something?). Those guys were remarkably stupid. My username was 'you're all dumb as rocks,' which for some reason seemed really funny when I'd post and then get the 'Thanks for posting, you're all dumb as rocks' message. I think you were Trayslidin' Dumbass.

The Epicskiers weren't all bad, just heavily gapercentric and, as a group, pretty uptight.
    [quote][//quote]

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    i got banned from the gapic and mitchs t tips
    right before they both got flushed like turds tend to do
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Rutecki View Post
    Even better was our war with the snowboarders (Snowboarder Magazine or something?). Those guys were remarkably stupid. My username was 'you're all dumb as rocks,' which for some reason seemed really funny when I'd post and then get the 'Thanks for posting, you're all dumb as rocks' message. I think you were Trayslidin' Dumbass.
    haha oh man...I had kinda for gotten about that. You're all dumb as rocks and trayslidin' dumbass, what a pair.

Than later Newschoolerz tried it over here but nobody cared and they got bored.

They seem to pop up here every once in a while. I never posted but would occasionally lurk for entertainment. My favorite was a thread titled something like "50 degrees, extreme lines" and was mostly a collection of 35-40deg inbounds runs. At one point, someone suggested Grandfathers on Little Wasatch in Telluride but it got rejected because someone else read it was only sustained 48deg. Grandfathers:
    It sucks to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    It is true, most recreational level skiers could improve their skiing by being in properly fitted boots.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The red ones