Views:	58 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	300749
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191025_183509 (2).jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	300750

Just my opinion but I think the warm and calm days of Fall give the best sight fishing of the year. I should have taken a pic of the schools stacking up to sip tiny olives, tricos and midges. These pics are from other seasons but it gives an idea of what we were finding in every eddy and foam line. Not too many over 16" but 30-40 fish afternoons were the norm.

Name:	1007 (2).jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	413.1 KB 
ID:	300751

Name:	20180310_084824 (2).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	514.7 KB 
ID:	300817
    Last edited by neckdeep; 11-03-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Everbody else is at Alta donating ptex and Im over here exercising cutties.

Name:	20191103_190850.jpeg 
Views:	57 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	300885Name:  20191103_194145.jpeg
Views: 328
Size:  114.7 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20191103_195301.jpeg 
Size:	131.8 KB 
ID:	300887Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191103_190701.jpeg 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	300888Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191103_195034.jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	300889
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Name:	FB6D49B7-CCA5-452B-A8C4-D10DCB6BCFF9.jpg 
Size:	645.2 KB 
ID:	300896

Can you be skunked if you don’t throw? #dykelife

2019 maggot fish gazing and shit talking

Depends on how many beers you drank. Or in your case, wine.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post

Name:	FB6D49B7-CCA5-452B-A8C4-D10DCB6BCFF9.jpg 
Size:	645.2 KB 
ID:	300896

Can you be skunked if you don’t throw? #dykelife
    You should post this question in the sproket rockets seems like a biking problem instead of a fishing problem?
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ifin at first you dont suckedseeds
    a box of franzia works as well as a sixer
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    whats goin on?
    am I in that video?
    Latest HUGE video dropped on Monday, and while skifishbum is not in it, a very prominent piece of his clothing is...

See 1:48....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Fished Yellowstone Park on the last day of their season, Sunday, Nov 3rd. Went to Barns Hole first, lots of cars at both both spots. A huge Konga line had formed at both, and that is just not my scene. (*details below). Almost got my car stuck in the snow getting out of there. Continued into the park and went to my favorite spot on the Madison about 2 miles above the 7-Mile bridge. Some bison were standing around, but enough distance that I was not too worried. Got skunked, so I drove up to Madison Junction and parked. Fished streamers downstream on the Gibbon to where it joins with the Firehole to form the Madison. Caught 2 whitefish on the streamers right at the confluence. Re-rigged with a dry fly and retraced my path back upstream on the Gibbon. Caught 3 small rainbows (10-12”). All in all a very enjoyable day in November.

Pic from 2 or 3 weeks ago on the Madison.

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1,002.1 KB 
ID:	301200

*Barns Hole details.
    This is a very popular spot in the fall for Yellowstone Runners, the rainbows and browns who swim out into Lake Hebgen and get fat all summer. Then these fattys swim back up into the Madison in the fall. Everybody knows about it, there are books about it, so it gets crowded. So the protocol is that you have to wait in line to even get in the water. Then you wade out and get in line. 1 cast, then you take 1 step downstream. Then another cast and another step downstream. And so on until you are done with the hole. Not my scene at all, although everybody catches big fish there.
    Name:  IMG_2132.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  58.2 KB
    Pic of Barns Hole area from 2 or 3 weeks ago

Name:	IMG_1966.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	301202

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

i gots a new ones i needs to get the safty stuffs printed on the back
    you didnt git the coolkids woodsticks memo yet?
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Huh ?

i was messin with roos
    but i cant tell ya boo aint cooler
    i just cant throw em far worth a dams

sum cats may gits herded to the fonts this weekend
    wifes gone back to visit mom
    the god and i are going reguardless

I’m holding out for a free set of square tops. But cataract reached out to me before sawyer, so...

Didn’t that vest come from Barrelcooker? If so I’m sure I can get you another one.

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Name:  2853 (2).jpeg
Views: 390
Size:  369.8 KB
    Missed those tits in the background the first time.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Missed those tits in the background the first time.
    Yeah, phone pics don't do it justice. I try to post pics that give a sense of the scale of the place but the phone makes a 45 degree 700 ft slope seem tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    I’m holding out for a free set of square tops. But cataract reached out to me before sawyer, so...

Didn’t that vest come from Barrelcooker? If so I’m sure I can get you another one.
    In the meantime I am digging the hand me down blades
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I always read the thread title as shit taking. Gonna drop one now

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post

yeah but it needs team safety or sumthins printed on the back
    and i got a sweet full coat that either his mechanic or the guy that spent a lot of time gettin dirty wore
    like deadliest highway style for the rainy day fishin
    all for a bakers dozen cabellos raineys pooper flies i got for free for using a credit card to fund a lifestyle thing
    and i gave him your coozies swag
    Ill take your kick down blades for the rubbers and thanks i still got the groms ninja turtle fly box and flies too.
    #safetymatters

Quote Originally Posted by neckdeep View Post
    Yeah, phone pics don't do it justice. I try to post pics that give a sense of the scale of the place but the phone makes a 45 degree 700 ft slope seem tame.
    Yup. There’s a nice spot down there, just walk on down.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

send them og magnum blades to tele if he needs em
    the rubbers got 3 on the crappy oar right set
    2 good ones the other cataracts
    and the spare 10.5 got a good one
    and theres a new one in the drifty on that break down spare
    and the shark bite 3/4 still functional
    but if he don't need em or if shoal cuts don't work for ya ill sure take those off your sticks
    I aint sure just where im at here on my summer piscatorial pursuits so I just c and p this from the suks
    so spent a few days at work and in the company of the better 1/2 fore she split to float 9 days on the Colorado on a grand adventure
    mixed feelings on passing on this bucket list op
    but I don't do bucket boats
    nor dig 8 mile hikes to the put in
    nor want to not row the grand
    nor eat black olives for dinner every night
    nor not want a knife on my pfd
    not to mention having someone else make decisions all day for me
    or the extended luau trip complete with new galvy tailer and enuffs safety stuffs to stone a rainbow gathering, price tag
    turns out it was both stunning and frustrating as there was sposed to be a swim test to determine who could ducky or sup what when
    that never happened and head guides would determine that based on her mood at the time
    and well erring on the side of caution is always my thing its not a bad thing
    I will give her props for 99 gc trips, that's a shitload of oar strokes in serious water
    the title9 spansered brand ambassdor athlete and social media influencer with gazillion followers
    well color me black and white furkid as unimpressed with that narrcissitic needs deeds
    and the fact that the 80 yo couple floated the whole thing for the 4th time gives me hope ill git another shot yet
    she had a great trip and im in awe of the pics

the furkid and I fished a bit while she was gone
    scored

sum tug drugs from the basses
    excercised a few poopers

harvested the garden and did god days o summer stuffs

threw the rubber in on a local waterway

didn't exercise any poopers
    id committed to rowing the annual TU one fly comp back in april so I spent a better part of a day cleaning the hog and putting a seat in my furry copirates spot and pounded out another 3 1/2 hour on the road to the home waters
    turns out the email ya sent me with the rules was sposed to be a dear john we don't need your help
    weve goobered up this event to the point of very few teams wanting to be involved any more
    or sumthins like that
    the old man tried to git me to take his spot throwing but im not really into competion nor quantification of a lifestyle thing
    not to mention I aint gots no spare wongas to tips the guide
    and hows bout I go pour a 2x rum and coke from the open bar into my roadie cup and crank out 2 more hours on the road and I go enjoy myself with my crew wyo way not worry about whos gonna watch the god or if the 1 fly im limited to is even gonna gits eaten
    rolled into camp in the dark with a whats goin on
    I hopes you fuckers wernt planning on sleepin in tomarrow
    had fishes with worms on the water fore the suns

who likes to go fishins

found sum playas

floated thru a bovine hatch
    stuck a few mur slutties

this latest ones not really oc crazy bout swimmins which aint the way of the newf but hes figurin it out

they swung a couple nice fish up from camp that eve

and well they rarely limit out on the buzz catching

Nice stoke!
    Tomato Blueberry? For a minute, I thought that some a variety of some designer weed sold at the finest Asspen Rx.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Name:	F7DCB986-8DDC-4689-9B92-33750E06C15B.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	850.7 KB 
ID:	301294

Swingers
    Harvest the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post

*Barns Hole details.
    This is a very popular spot in the fall for Yellowstone Runners, the rainbows and browns who swim out into Lake Hebgen and get fat all summer. Then these fattys swim back up into the Madison in the fall. Everybody knows about it, there are books about it, so it gets crowded. So the protocol is that you have to wait in line to even get in the water. Then you wade out and get in line. 1 cast, then you take 1 step downstream. Then another cast and another step downstream. And so on until you are done with the hole. Not my scene at all, although everybody catches big fish there.
    Name:  IMG_2132.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  58.2 KB
    damn, that sounds about as awful as fishing can get. I think I'd rather go to work than do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mike View Post
    damn, that sounds about as awful as fishing can get. I think I'd rather go to work than do that.
    I used to hit that fall run while living in Bozeman. The best days were when it snowed hard af. River all to ourselves. Yuuudge fish on the rod. Man I miss those days.
    Drove through there a few years ago during the fall, man what a fucking shit show. I shed a tear.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    I used to hit that fall run while living in Bozeman. The best days were when it snowed hard af. River all to ourselves. Yuuudge fish on the rod. Man I miss those days.
    Drove through there a few years ago during the fall, man what a fucking shit show. I shed a tear.
    Yup, on Sunday there were 30-40 cars at Bakers Hole, same at Beaver Meadows, and I don’t even want to guess how many at the 2 lots at Barns Hole. Big change from the past. And I bet almost everyone of those people had a $100+ pair of nippers around their neck...

So I drove 9 miles upstream and it was just me and some bison. Heaven on earth.

2019 maggot fish gazing and shit talking

Last Sunday was a stellar day in central WY. Cool morning, light cloud cover, few people, and best of all no wind. Big fish on the eat. Fall fishing at its finest. Heading back for more this weekend but expecting the status quo of sustained 15-20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk