Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any ‘big’ ride plans for 2019?

I have a few Mt. Bike objectives, but I also signed up for this, which is 1/2 Dirt, 1/2 road. 6k of climbing, ~150 miles, Teton Pass at the end. Good training goal.

https://www.fitzgeraldsbicycles.com/...vents-pg37.htm

Anyone want to join?

It’s free. There is a one day option, and a two day option.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I have a few Mt. Bike objectives, but I also signed up for this, which is 1/2 Dirt, 1/2 road. 6k of climbing, ~150 miles, Teton Pass at the end. Good training goal.

Anyone want to join?

that looks "fun-ish"

my goals:
    fun ride : 4 days on the maah-daa-hay in may

June: whitefish to Levanworth on backroads, gravel, singletrack over 10ish days

Aug: losttrail bike fest (3 laps/geared or 2 laps on SS)

Aug/Sept NUTcracker (north umpqua trail day event)

Sept Bike tour in new foundland end to end over 7-10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    Sept Bike tour in new foundland end to end over 7-10 days.
    Do yourself a favor and stick to the coasts. The north coast of NFL is absolutely beautiful, one of my favorite places anywhere. The west coast with Gros Morne is also incredible. That said, the interior is as boring as it gets (we did the drive from St. John to Rocky Harbor last summer).

And to keep with the original question... the only "big" ride plan I have is the Sellaronda in the Dolomites this August. And I hope to finish the Hardscrabble Humper here in Eagle in September (35 miles, 6700 vert on our local trails).

North Coast near Bonavista:

West Coast in Gros Morne:

Anyone want to join?

I might be down to join you. What kind of bike are you thinking? Road, Cross, Hard tail 29er? Those are the only options I have in my repertoire.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I’m thinking the first 75 on the cross bike with 38mm, and the last 75 on the road bike. Likely doing the two day option (reserved a site at Flagg Ranch for the travel trailer, and the fam will come up). At least that is the plan for now...if wifey and kiddo is out of town, I will probably just do the whole thing).

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Do yourself a favor and stick to the coasts. The north coast of NFL is absolutely beautiful, one of my favorite places anywhere. The west coast with Gros Morne is also incredible. That said, the interior is as boring as it gets (we did the drive from St. John to Rocky Harbor last summer).

And to keep with the original question... the only "big" ride plan I have is the Sellaronda in the Dolomites this August. And I hope to finish the Hardscrabble Humper here in Eagle in September (35 miles, 6700 vert on our local trails).

North Coast near Bonavista:

West Coast in Gros Morne:

thanks, good beta, we are in planning right now, and the "greattrail" looks like a nice easy, off road path to follow, but coast looks amazing

Hoping to "race" a couple of these: https://rockyroad5050.wordpress.com/ most likely the SBFL and Aspen Asphyxiation.

Heading down tomorrow to ride a shorter one night version of the Gila River Ramble bikepack

Otherwise, I hope to ride at least one longer (3-4 night) bikepacking trip, maybe part of the Colorado Trail this summer? That one is still up in the air.
    It sucks to suck.

More local gravel races this spring and summer.

I would also love to gun for something like the Tour Divide but not sure I'd have the time or my setup dialed enough for this year...

But overall more bikepacking trips such as the Oregon Timber Trail this summer, Idaho fire loop out of Boise -> the Sawtooths, Oregon Outback, maybe the Arizona trail later this fall (might be moving down to Tucson after the summer). I'd be pleased with 2-3 good longer bikecamping trips this summer in the PNW for sure!

Canada needs more of these death march races. So enduro focussed here. In BC at least.

Anyone want to join?

That looks awesome...tempted to try hammering that out in a day.
    Last edited by Groomer Gambler; 01-19-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xyz View Post
    Canada needs more of these death march races. So enduro focussed here. In BC at least.
    Yeah not really into the enduro races. Gravel/endurance/finish however you can finish seems to be where it's at and very little barriers to entry!!!

if anyone is doing the TD, I"m in banff. message me for details

I’m thinking the first 75 on the cross bike with 38mm, and the last 75 on the road bike. Likely doing the two day option (reserved a site at Flagg Ranch for the travel trailer, and the fam will come up). At least that is the plan for now...if wifey and kiddo is out of town, I will probably just do the whole thing).
    I like the sounds of this! I need to check an see if our plan is to still be In Irwin then, if so I think I would join in the fun.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Had some spring adventures I wanted to check off the list, but an ice storm in November and the resulting downed trees are going to put a damper on that.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Groomer Gambler View Post
    Yeah not really into the enduro races. Gravel/endurance/finish however you can finish seems to be where it's at and very little barriers to entry!!!
    Not to turn this into a race thread, but that's part of what drew me to the Arizona Endurance Series: no entry fee. download the gpx track, show up on the right day, go.
    It sucks to suck.

Haven't really thought about it although registration is already open for a lot of stuff that isn't until late summer or fall which kind of annoys me. By the time I decide I want to do something it's either sold out or has gone up a bunch in price. The butte 100 for example. I'd like to give that another shot, but I've got to decide really soon and it's $250. I think I'd rather try pierre's hole instead. Also that nah dah haay 100 looks interesting but the logistics are tough being a point to point in the middle of nowhere.

Rebecca's Private Idaho is another possibility. A friend suggested I go with, that one isn't until september and registration is already open on that too.

Mostly I just want to get out of town a little more, even just within an hour or two. I have a hard time getting motivated to go do stuff elsewhere when I have a 20min ride to the nearest trailhead.

Quote Originally Posted by jamal View Post
    Haven't really thought about it although registration is already open for a lot of stuff that isn't until late summer or fall which kind of annoys me. By the time I decide I want to do something it's either sold out or has gone up a bunch in price. The butte 100 for example. I'd like to give that another shot, but I've got to decide really soon and it's $250. I think I'd rather try pierre's hole instead. Also that nah dah haay 100 looks interesting but the logistics are tough being a point to point in the middle of nowhere.

Rebecca's Private Idaho is another possibility. A friend suggested I go with, that one isn't until september and registration is already open on that too.

Mostly I just want to get out of town a little more, even just within an hour or two. I have a hard time getting motivated to go do stuff elsewhere when I have a 20min ride to the nearest trailhead.
    MDH100 is a good event in that its somewhere VERY different to ride. but you NEED a support person/shuttle, etc.

This is the only big ride I have lined up at the moment
    https://b2vtride.com

Definitely have a gravel century ride on tap for this year on top of a bunch of other gravel events/rides.

Also would like to link together some local singletrack into a 50+ mile day of almost all trail.

If the weather, temps and conditions line up there is also a 20 mile sno’ mo’ trail loop I’ve been eyeing to do on my fat bike.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    Not to turn this into a race thread, but that's part of what drew me to the Arizona Endurance Series: no entry fee. download the gpx track, show up on the right day, go.
    Same here. I've done a bunch of AES rides. Heading to Tucson for the Tortolita 50 in a couple weeks. There's one on the Navajo Nation in Sept I'd like to do, Cove Classic/Chuska Challenge.

We don't have many of these events in Socal either. I have enough routes floating around in my head I could probably put a whole series together myself. That way I can add in a bunch of gnar and hike a bike to put the dirt roadies in their place.

Not sure what else I'll do yet. I normally do one long weekend road trip every month plus one or two regular weekend trips locally. Want to get back up to Tahoe/Downieville/Sierras for sure. And I've been threatening to do a fly in trip to ride Mt St Helens for a long time now. Might need to finally make that happen.

Anyone running this inFebruary?

https://theradavist.com/2019/01/ruta...february-16th/

GF is in Tucson but not sure I can make it down then. Looks like a rad event!

Only two goals;
    Top my biggest ride ever (80km/3500m climbing, that's 50 miles and like 11k ft I think?)
    And ride somewhere new, last year was Utah, I'm thinking of trying to check out a couple towns here in bc I haven't ridden maybe Nelson or Rossland

Out of the way for most of you, but worth the trip, IMO. Great, laid back race on some excellent trails.

http://www.mtntouring.com/mountain/h...page_sm100.htm
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Anyone want to join?

I might maybe could possibly be in for that. I would probably do the one day. Riding past my house to go climb Teton Pass is going to be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    I might maybe could possibly be in for that. I would probably do the one day. Riding past my house to go climb Teton Pass is going to be tough.
    Stop in for a nap!