Thread: 2019 JazzFest

2019 JazzFest

Anybody going? I'm heading back, first time since 2016, but just for first Thursday and Friday. Then up to ATL to try and track Bmills down. [kidding?] Stones tickets go on sale in 20 minutes.

Highlights:

The Rolling Stones
    •
    Dave Matthews Band
    •
    Katy Perry
    •
    Jimmy Buffett & The Coral Reefer Band

Chris Stapleton
    •
    Pitbull
    •
    Santana
    •
    Van Morrison
    •
    Al Green
    •
    Logic
    •
    Earth, Wind & Fire
    •
    J Balvin

Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue with Nevilles
    •
    Gladys Knight
    •
    The Revivalists
    •
    Leon Bridges

John Fogerty
    •
    Chaka Khan
    •
    Herbie Hancock
    •
    Tank and The Bangas
    •
    Tom Jones
    •
    Bonnie Raitt

Ciara
    •
    Alanis Morissette
    •
    Irma Thomas
    •
    Gary Clark Jr.
    •
    The O'Jays
    •
    The Head and The Heart

The Doobie Brothers
    •
    Jimmy Cliff
    •
    Ziggy Marley
    •
    Aaron Neville
    •
    Boz Scaggs
    •
    Galactic

....and a shitload more, including a bunch of Louisiana, jazz and blues artists...

Daily lineup can be found here

JF website here

Evening club shows listed here

Great JF forum here

See ya there, YYR!!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Are The Rolling Stones going to be standing up when they perform? Maybe Mick will use a walker to get around the stage?

Everybody's going to be standing up, they banned chairs and tarps for that entire day. Another reason i'm glad to be going first weekend...
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

"May2 tickets no longer available" paging Stubhub
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Yachtrock nirvana.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

60 days out. Stoked. Get in Tuesday afternoon, heading to Neyow's for some chargrilled oysters and gumbo, then drinking my way around town. Wednesday may do an e-bike tour, then continue the barcrawl, til the 5pm free concert at Lafayette Square, with opening band The Iceman Special. Stoked. Dinner at Cochon. Then maybe some Iguanas at the Circle Bar. Thursday at Fest, then Anders album "Buddha and Blues" release at Tip's. Friday at Fest, then who knows....out Saturday am...

Anyone else heading down?

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    Are The Rolling Stones going to be standing up when they perform? Maybe Mick will use a walker to get around the stage?
    I saw them 3 years ago, Mick was moving fast almost the whole time.

I would go to Drago’s for charbroiled oysters. Not much to look at, but as a local, we generally considered it the best. Hit me up if you want recommendations. The city sort of changes for Jazz Fest but you have a lot of good options on your itinerary.
    Someone once told me that I ski like a Scandinavian angel.

Galactic bought Tipitinas
    First big renovation is commercial grade toilets in time for Jfest
    https://www.npr.org/2019/03/02/69915...w-orleans-club

One month til my flight out, stoked!! Anyone else heading that way? Galactic three nights ago really got me thinking JF... here's a little funk to get ya moving! https://soundcloud.com/galacticfunk/...y-tour-mixtape

Im Jelly we just got back from NOLA, so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    Im Jelly we just got back from NOLA, so much fun.
    Catch some of FQF? Any new restaurant recs?

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    We're going to be there Friday of the second week. We had tickets for Thursday and Friday but got our refund after the Stones dropped. It all worked out though since the friends we're going with have never been to New Orleans and aren't huge music festival types. I haven't been in like 8 years so I' always up for good new food recs and any festival tips?
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    We're going to be there Friday of the second week. We had tickets for Thursday and Friday but got our refund after the Stones dropped. It all worked out though since the friends we're going with have never been to New Orleans and aren't huge music festival types. I haven't been in like 8 years so I' always up for good new food recs and any festival tips?
    That's a great day to go, a third less crowded than the weekend. Lineup that day is awesome too. Check out the Grandstands, has good beer, oysters, Lagniappe Stage, etc...Great info in these forums https://www.jazzfestforum.com/forum/...azz-fest-forum

Lot's of great music scattered about http://www.jazzfestgrids.com/ . Dining will be a bit of a rodeo if you don't have reservations already.

Great restaurants Uptown near Tulane. Did a food and booze tour out there. Highly recommended.
    It was basically the price of a nice meal, just the meal is at 6 or 7 different places.

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    No, I was just starting when we left. Restaurants umm Id say what everyone told us pretty much everything is good. Checked out this Cuban band Cimafunk at Tipitina's and wow it was their first time NOLA they blew the roof off the place from start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by ICantLogIn View Post
    No, I was just starting when we left. Restaurants umm Id say what everyone told us pretty much everything is good. Checked out this Cuban band Cimafunk at Tipitina's and wow it was their first time NOLA they blew the roof off the place from start to finish.
    Nice! Hard to go wrong at Tip's! I'll be there Thursday for Anders Osborne's album release party. Jon Cleary at Chickie Wa Wa tomorrow, there's a few educated rumors of Bonnie Raitt dropping in. Wednesday is dinner at Cochon after a morning biking down the Greenway and ferrying over to Algiers to bike the levee and beers at the Old Point, then an afternoon of drinking and The Iceman Special at Lafayette Park.

If anyone else is down shoot a PM! YYR!!

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Holy shit. Thank you for sharing that.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

It's fucking great.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's fucking great.
    Yeah you right! I only missed a few hours of first weekend. Working weekends welds me to the computer...perfect!!