Trochlear allograft?

Briefly: ACL reconstruction '99. Clean up and meniscus repair '07. Lateral release 10/31/18.

I'm still rehabbing the last surgery but my ortho had advised me prior to surgery that it may be part one of two. Told me after that there is so much damage that he feels the only option is a trochlear allograft. Anyone have any experience with this? Wondering what life is like post surgery, what skiing/working out is like, and some time frames. I am told 6 weeks non weight bearing and 6 months before working out... Will it make me good as new and be completely worth it?

Hopping in to give this a bump and to introduce Troxy to the gimps. She's part of the Magic crew, a friend of many EC mags, and a longtime lurker around here. I figured I'd point her here because with the amount of crap we do to our knees, somebody here has to have had something similar, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    If you're not standing on the fucking traverse with your thumb up your ass you wont get checked.

dumbfuck.

Maybe a better name for the thread would be "advice for a cartilage graft on my femur"