Page 64 of 132 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Adventure time!!!!!!!!
    That line from my kids cartoon always pops in my head when the going gets weird/difficult
    Everybody needs more adventures in this day and age

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Somehow just came across this thread...just catching up. Easily took a month to recover. I thought we were gonna be so strong from MTB'ing this summer, instead was so worked that I couldn't do shit for a month and lost all fitness we had gained from the trip.
    Oh man, that's rough!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Right? Who the fuck cares why we go skiing, be it for 2 laps or for a month long suffer-fest. Because it's awesome and because we can should be all the reasons we need.
    I'm sure I could dig in and come up with some elaborate deeper meaning for my actions but why bother? Nobody would care. And nobody should care why Cody does what he does, he's obviously having a grand old time, what else is there to it?
    x3

Shoulda brought a tenkara rod for the ski bike fish trifecta.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Cody dropped this bonus feature in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxs1s89Dvo

Just watched the bike tour film. Enjoyed.

Pro tip: light the farts.

a commercial while we wait for the next episode
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

^^^Right? Expected, though.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

On the Blister podcast it sounds like Cody has a new van, also mentioned the Rainier episode from the summer will be posted due to NPS ruling/revision on commercial filming.

I loved the binding over view, thanks. Actually, I love all the episodes to date and look forward to more. Keep 'em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    I loved the binding over view, thanks. Actually, I love all the episodes to date and look forward to more. Keep 'em coming.
    Full agree. Mor pls.

I’m a Salomon fanboi with zero touring chops, but enjoyed learning a bit about elasticity.

Thanks!

didnt realize they were back in stock. bought another two pair online this weekend that arrived today.
    prefer the old color actually, but after two successful seasons back country in them I don't really care what color they are.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210310_122836.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	972.1 KB 
ID:	366700

Thanks for the vid you did on bindings - very informative, especially the downsides of tech bindings vs. regular bindings and why not to use them in resorts. The same day watching that, I saw HJ5's post in the Tahoe thread about non-release resulting in broken legs at Carson pass and that really opened my eyes to do more research on the limitations of tech(not saying that was the cause there). I thought the downsides were mostly reliability/failures in the field, but your vid + reading about it in tech talk here, wildsnow.com, and other places really showed me how much the non-release risk is increased as well. W/o seeing your vid I wouldn't have known to go look. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    didnt realize they were back in stock. bought another two pair online this weekend that arrived today.
    prefer the old color actually, but after two successful seasons back country in them I don't really care what color they are.

Lol. No idea cody had pro socks. I love it!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Any idea how these compare in thickness to the lightest weight Eurosock? I have some Smartwool, Darn Tough, and Fox River socks that are decently thin but really like my Eurosock Ultralights, just wish they were wool TBH.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Any idea how these compare in thickness to the lightest weight Eurosock? I have some Smartwool, Darn Tough, and Fox River socks that are decently thin but really like my Eurosock Ultralights, just wish they were wool TBH.

To stay on topic, I enjoyed the binding vid... some useful info in there. If anything, kinda wanted it to go even deeper into binding nerddery.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

I have the first gen and they are pretty thick for touring socks. I don't like them much, they are thicker than I want for touring and they absorb moisture more than other socks I have

Holding out for the Townsend pro underpants.

self-tightening avalanche thong
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    self-tightening avalanche thong
    Shouldn't it be like an anti pucker thong?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

naw ya gotta tighten yer thong when things get sketchy

this one is self tightening

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    naw ya gotta tighten yer thong when things get sketchy

this one is self tightening
    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-03-12 at 5.34.21 PM.png
Views: 1738
Size:  154.0 KB
    swing your fucking sword.

eggzaktly

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    I have the first gen and they are pretty thick for touring socks. I don't like them much, they are thicker than I want for touring and they absorb moisture more than other socks I have
    yeah sorry for the offtopic. wish the fifty was airing regularly again. i cant stand the whole overproduced sponsored nature of ski movies anymore. maybe i should just watch them all again.

they are about the same thickness as any thin ski merino sock ive had before, including something like the smartwool thin ski socks. but if you want stocking thin then i think they're not for you.
    im a massive fanboy of mernio socks, so i wasnt sure the bamboo lycra combo would work out, but they worked for me. i suffer cold feet, usually caused by sweating while touring, and these seemed to fare better than pure merino socks. my merinos have thin spots or holes in them by the end of a season, but after two seasons the two first gen pair i have are probably 100 days each and no wear signs (yet?).
    the toe cup is double the socks thickness however. when i go back to my old socks it feels like theres spare room in my toes now, not sure if its psychological (most likely) or if the thicker toe cup has actually blown out my liner slightly. this might be a problem for someone not committed to staying on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    Check out the point 6 ultralights.

Also have heard great reviews of Cody’s socks, not sure on thickness

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

There was an update on the Low Pressure Podcast last week about the project and new episodes. Sounds like they have been on the road and some new content is coming soon: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000513590878

yeah sorry for the offtopic. wish the fifty was airing regularly again. i cant stand the whole overproduced sponsored nature of ski movies anymore. maybe i should just watch them all again.

they are about the same thickness as any thin ski merino sock ive had before, including something like the smartwool thin ski socks. but if you want stocking thin then i think they're not for you.
    im a massive fanboy of mernio socks, so i wasnt sure the bamboo lycra combo would work out, but they worked for me. i suffer cold feet, usually caused by sweating while touring, and these seemed to fare better than pure merino socks. my merinos have thin spots or holes in them by the end of a season, but after two seasons the two first gen pair i have are probably 100 days each and no wear signs (yet?).
    the toe cup is double the socks thickness however. when i go back to my old socks it feels like theres spare room in my toes now, not sure if its psychological (most likely) or if the thicker toe cup has actually blown out my liner slightly. this might be a problem for someone not committed to staying on them.