Page 77 of 132 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

I'm still a little baffled there wasn't some sort of trail on the Stimson approach. Is it all wilderness?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    This was me, back when I used to do dumb stuff. I still do dumb stuff, I just used to as well.
    I don’t do dumb stuff any more.

I don’t do dumb stuff any less either- so at least I have consistency on my side!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'm still a little baffled there wasn't some sort of trail on the Stimson approach. Is it all wilderness?
    National Park. Seems they went up a drainage (Pinchot) without a trail. The drainage north has one, but would leave the trail at 4k ft elevation to go up the NW face...no idea if anyone goes that way. Someone up thread mentioned taking trail to Nyack cabin, then the Stimson cr drainage to the pass. Guessing there is a bit of brush after leaving the trail on either of those and would be good amount of flat trail miles.

https://www.gaiagps.com/map/?loc=12....ayer=usgs-topo

Just finished watching Castle peak, looks fun. Impressive riding Canadian for 10 miles with loaded packs. Or was that just for cameras and you went nuts on butts when not filming? :-)

As I was watching thought, man that peak looks familiar...turns out I mountain biked past it fall of 2014 prior to becoming a Wilderness area.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P9130687.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	389790

Such an amazing area, never been there in the winter, but adding to my ski to do list...camping in Chamberlain basin would be awesome, since I probably couldn't pull it off as a day trip.

^^ Looks like the pass that Cody & Bjarne made the call to go for it from?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

The summit lunch bullshitting from the Castle episode was one of my favorite bits of film in the whole series. More of that please!

Another awesome episode (Castle).

You guys really captured the camaraderie that can happen in skiing.

Now I'm even more stoked for the upcoming season!
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Castle was one of my favorite episodes yet. What a class act in ski touring.

Watching Cody and Bjarne have an excellent day in the mountains really brought up a whole bunch of emotions. I lost my best friend and top ski partner in an accident during the spring. Seeing them shoot the shit, but be so effective, while having such a good time reminded me of some of my best days out with my buddy. I've been wondering if I'll ever get that feeling again but this episode gave me hope that I will. Ski touring like this is really the best thing in the world. There are few other sports where you can share a beautiful day in the mountains with your best friends like that.

Cheers Cody and Bjarne, thanks for continuing to bring this wonderful stoke into the world.
    Wow. Thanks for that story and glad our little day out could connect with ya. I think we went in having no idea what the story on the line would be but to just capture as much of as it as possible, even more than we really do. As the day rolled on I realized the story was just about Bjarne and I interacting, having fun, shooting the shit and eating lunch on the summit. That to me is as much of the fun of ski touring is as the line, the snow and the skiing. So that camaraderie we experience as backcountry skiers was the story and I do hope you can find that again. Bjarne and I didn't know each other super well into this series and you can obviously tell from the episode, we have that.

Seriously great episode. That's all

You’re doing great work this season, from a slog fest to hanging out on a summit on a perfect day, celebrating the variety of ways we enjoy ski touring. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

Castle peak was a great way to start the week.

Thanks to Cody and Bjarne for this series that connects with skiers on every level.

Great episode!

Also. I can see the skins on, walk mode, straightline challenge, growing into a classic "I dare you duell". Pick yer lines gentlemen! 😎

I find the short films/episodes more interesting to rewatch or watch than most of the ski movies...It is a good series.

Just chiming in to say I caught the St Elias episode (Summit Fever) on the big screen as part of the Quality Time ski fest last week (https://www.salomon.com/en-us/storie...time-film-tour). Great episode and great seeing it up there and as part of this excellent ski film fest. Go see it if it comes to your town.
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying

Quote Originally Posted by cravenmorhead View Post
    The summit lunch bullshitting from the Castle episode was one of my favorite bits of film in the whole series. More of that please!
    Agreed! Fun shooting the shit was the real ski content we need, not another minute of the false bravado pro stoke that is scripted in the big screen flicks

^^^^sold out two nights in Tahoe City
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Agreed! Fun shooting the shit was the real ski content we need, not another minute of the false bravado pro stoke that is scripted in the big screen flicks
    Couldn't agree more.
    Last edited by LiveLarger; 10-26-2021 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Bad manners

I’m not sure you dentists are using the word bushwhack appropriately….

Cody- it must of felt pretty weird eating a sandwich on a summit?

Your a power pellet guy...times are a changing....

these videos get me so hype for winter. some of these approaches are craaazy though

"I AM NOT THINKING ANYMORE, BECAUSE I'M SKIINNING."

Been there so many times. Don't talk to me.

All I have to say is how much it resonates with me, and makes me want to motivate for another objective on my sloppy list of stupid shit. Thanks you fucking mag.

That should be a bumper sticker btw.

I have one line that I will hopefully ski before I die. I know it hasn't been skied. It's a bitch to get to, but I've been wanting it for over a decade, just like my last line.

This gives me the motivation to continue that quest.

See you on a summit with a proper sammi.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Wow. Thanks for that story and glad our little day out could connect with ya. I think we went in having no idea what the story on the line would be but to just capture as much of as it as possible, even more than we really do. As the day rolled on I realized the story was just about Bjarne and I interacting, having fun, shooting the shit and eating lunch on the summit. That to me is as much of the fun of ski touring is as the line, the snow and the skiing. So that camaraderie we experience as backcountry skiers was the story and I do hope you can find that again. Bjarne and I didn't know each other super well into this series and you can obviously tell from the episode, we have that.
    Word going around those parts is you're a maniac for crushing a 2 day line in one day.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

You cheeky monkey, Alka...

You had me going there for a while, you sandbagger.

Oof, glad you & the team are still kicking…

Hilarious the climber/fan hanging mid ski asked for a group selfie mid trip

Yeah, most chill episode of the series then the one that had me hoping Cody doesn't have too bad of heat stroke.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.