Page 80 of 132 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Well, I finally watched it. That was gnarly. I gave my dog heat stroke once and seeing a human act like that makes me feel terrible about it.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I had symptoms like this a couple years back on a long run. The temp was around 60 when I started but rose to the mid 90's with no clouds or breeze at all. I wasn't expecting it to get nearly that hot and I didn't carry much water. Toward the end of the run I wasn't feeling very good. I looked at my watch and saw I was running 13 minute miles on a flat stretch of trail (insanely slow).
    HEY

Another great episode. I was feeling for you Cody when you looked that bad on the bike. I got heat stroke 10+ years ago in Santa Barbara with full on hallucinations and three days of vomiting. I'm impressed you could get out of bed the next day.

I will say to watch your hot weather performance in the future. I definitely cannot handle heat as well since having heat stroke--my body shuts down earlier because it knows I'm too stupid to be trusted to do so on my own.

Is there an episode menu or list anywhere, I didn’t see one on the fifty homepage and I’m not smart enough to keep track of the ones I’ve already seen.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    Is there an episode menu or list anywhere, I didn’t see one on the fifty homepage and I’m not smart enough to keep track of the ones I’ve already seen.

https://skithefifty.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Thanks, but I’ve been on the website. Maybe I need my hand held but I didn’t see a menu such as episode 1 is …. Episode 2 …. Maybe I’m higher than I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by gtid View Post
    Thanks, but I’ve been on the website. Maybe I need my hand held but I didn’t see a menu such as episode 1 is …. Episode 2 …. Maybe I’m higher than I thought.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...BFYoLLV5Np3K49

Everything released, in order of release, with titles telling you which peak is which episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post

Everything released, in order of release, with titles telling you which peak is which episode.
    Handy. Seems odd that they changed the naming convention for the most recent episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Ørion View Post

Perfect, just what I was looking for. Thanks

I am so stoked for the Cody/Barnje swap episode. Can't wait to see aqua carrying all the gear and filming, and Barnje just gettin' after it.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Handy. Seems odd that they changed the naming convention for the most recent episode.
    I've got a new editor who's a whiz on YT SEO and such and we're going to be going through all thumbnails / titles and making more sense of it all soon. It's a full on jumble because I pretty much just started with no real plan nor knowledge of how YT works and started rolling. Got into pickles with episodes I didn't complete the line and with the "Super Episodes / Movies" and haven't been able to solve it in a coherent way.

But hopefully clarity will come soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    I've got a new editor who's a whiz on YT SEO and such and we're going to be going through all thumbnails / titles and making more sense of it all soon. It's a full on jumble because I pretty much just started with no real plan nor knowledge of how YT works and started rolling. Got into pickles with episodes I didn't complete the line and with the "Super Episodes / Movies" and haven't been able to solve it in a coherent way.

I kind of like the numbering system myself, with locations/SEO terms following that. SEO is a lot less of a priority than it used to be anyway--Google and YouTube already know what people want to find based on past search and watch history. But whatever, this thread is not about that.

reviewing the series again the numbered episodes are much appreciated. want to watch î
    it in order without having to do any research

sort by latest video?

Just hammered through the last 3 eps. Love the series. I like how it's not all rainbows and unicorns and there's the odd sufferfest in there, the odd turn around etc. My kind of "reality" tv. I can't watch baking shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

New episode day or no?

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    New episode day or no?
    Just posted at 9:30mst

Not sure but that might be the first time anybody has ever tried to pedal a bike with skis on.

Awesome. Loved the planning and ongoing assessment throughout the hike.

Curious, did you guys dig a pit to verify that buried layer, or just trust the report and what you could feel with your pole?

Dang, that eBike would’ve been nice in DV.

Ha, the bike exit footage was classic.

Cody, FWIW, I totally thought this was just a bonus episode, not a another one checked off the list. I know your new youtube seo guru thinks it's better episode naming, but I almost didn't click on this one.

I also thought it was just a bonus episode at first until I read the full description.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Not sure but that might be the first time anybody has ever tried to pedal a bike with skis on.
    Had the same thought - it's rare to do something these days that has never been done before but that's entirely possible. Haha.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Cody, FWIW, I totally thought this was just a bonus episode, not a another one checked off the list. I know your new youtube seo guru thinks it's better episode naming, but I almost didn't click on this one.
    X2. I know nothing about SEO or algorithms, but the new naming scheme is worse.

Per usual though, great episode. Enjoyed the biking bit, and liked the planning discussion.

Also, I am 100% positive Cody is not the first person to ride a bike with skis on. But he does seem to have a knack for it, so maybe we should see more of that.