Page 73 of 132 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

^good news!

Let's hope for a deep stable snowpack so you can knock off a bunch more this year.

[QUOTE=nordekette;6418609]
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post

your are a true fan. i know cause you have those salomon boots and skis.

cody could send you a poster with autograph to cool your mind : )
    or swing by your rv and chill with you next time he is in yourope
    I don't think he will or he should feel obliged to.

I just hope he doesn't think I'm an asshole because of my attempt at humor.

And I got most of that Salomon stuff for free (I only paid for a used pair of rocker 2 122s because I'm scared of breaking my favorite ski ever and run out of supply) so I'm probably not the preferred fan boy
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

[QUOTE=subtle plague;6419057]
    Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    I don't think he will or he should feel obliged to.

I just hope he doesn't think I'm an asshole because of my attempt at humor.

And I got most of that Salomon stuff for free (I only paid for a used pair of rocker 2 122s because I'm scared of breaking my favorite ski ever and run out of supply) so I'm probably not the preferred fan boy
    by only posting in this thread we admit we are fans

cody is a machine at the moment

i would not like to have to follow him up and down

best of luck cody and keep the spirit up!!!!

and subtle your humor is great ; ) for a german

Looks like I'll miss the tour, but stoked to see the product eventually.

Cody, congrats on soon becoming a dad. I'm curious, how do you think fatherhood is going to impact training and tacking some of these objectives? Bonus question: come back and answer the same question year from now.

Why do people care that that guy whose a guide went on the trip?

Quote Originally Posted by AKPogue View Post
    My response was pure sarcasm, I think a guide to partner with on an objective like Mt. St. Elias makes total sense.

^^That’s how I took it

The FIFTY

Because people are assholes trying to shit on anything cool. I also think a lot of internet warriors have no fucking clue how scary some of this stuff can be. And I’m not even talking about Elias, hell, just doing some gnarly heli drops in Alaska on crazy ridges gave me so much more perspective than I had before. Shit gets real, quick… especially when a heli in your zone goes down the same week. I’ll never look at that ski movie stuff the same ever again.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Why do you think people care?

Name:  2335ab5b36bc140382e06f742e0cce94.jpeg
Views: 1370
Size:  34.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Because people are assholes trying to shit on anything cool. I also think a lot of internet warriors have no fucking clue how scary some of this stuff can be. And I’m not even talking about Elias, hell, just doing some gnarly heli drops in Alaska on crazy ridges gave me so much more perspective than I had before. Shit gets real, quick… especially when a heli in your zone goes down the same week. I’ll never look at that ski movie stuff the same ever again.
    Cameras give no perspective to the objective danger one feels when in the mountains above exposure. Most scared I’ve ever been when skiing was when not skiing. Either hiking a knife edge ridge or trying to get in my skis on a knife edge ridge next to huge exposure. The skiing is the easy part.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Cody, Nick, and Bjarne are all proficient enough to be guides themselves.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I think a guide to partner with on an objective like Mt. St. Elias makes total sense.
    Was he was a hired guide for this trip, or he was just a friend who was invited to ski with Cody + crew and not guide?

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Was he was a hired guide for this trip, or he was just a friend who was invited to ski with Cody + crew and not guide?
    Does it matter?

Though I think Cody said in a post above that he works for vertical... implying he wasn't hired.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There was a great POV GoPro someone posted a few years ago from their ak heli trip going out on a ridge and freaking out and dropping 5minutes of fbombs. Lol. That was my experience. My last day sidestepping down a exposed ridge was pucker factor 10. I can’t even imagine the exposure Cody and these guys deal with regularly. I get anxiety just watching it

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Does it matter?
    No. Talking shit about this is like calling Tom Brady a "system QB" after he wins his 7th SB at age 43- it's a badge of ignorance.

That said, I thought the sarcasm came through clearly with the first post on the subject in this thread.

St. Elias still hasn't been skied in one push, correct? Trying to get it done without bringing someone who has experience on the mountain would be an act of hubris.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_J View Post
    Does it matter?
    My point was just because a guide was on the trip doesn't mean he was the guide for the trip.

Although I did hear Dan Corn was cleaning Cody and Niks underwear every day and putting their mittens and sunscreen on for them.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    My point was just because a guide was on the trip doesn't mean he was the guide for the trip.

Although I did hear Dan Corn was cleaning Cody and Niks underwear every day and putting their mittens and sunscreen on for them.
    Yeah... I guess my point is it doesn't matter if the guide was paid or not. It doesn't matter what his role was.

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Cameras give no perspective to the objective danger one feels when in the mountains above exposure. Most scared I’ve ever been when skiing was when not skiing. Either hiking a knife edge ridge or trying to get in my skis on a knife edge ridge next to huge exposure. The skiing is the easy part.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Couldn't agree with this more. Although relatively my skiing and climbing experience isn't nearly up to par with many here, let alone Cody et all.

I've been WAY more gripped on the way up and transition than once I have skis under my feet.

I get the safety logic of climbing what you ski, but if confident that the snow is stable I would much rather take the easier way around and have the confidence of 180cm+ metal edges under foot than boot up some steep exposure.

(EC experience here. But have played in some of the more technical/exposed lines we have.)

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    There was a great POV GoPro someone posted a few years ago from their ak heli trip going out on a ridge and freaking out and dropping 5minutes of fbombs. Lol. That was my experience. My last day sidestepping down a exposed ridge was pucker factor 10. I can’t even imagine the exposure Cody and these guys deal with regularly. I get anxiety just watching it
    Yep - when I got back someone asked me what was the scariest line of the trip and my answer was an exposed traverse.

Anyway, yeah, I thought the comments about going with a guide were all obviously sarcasm. But I'm sure there will be some internet warriors saying dumb shit on instagram, youtube, etc.

The FIFTY

The FIFTY is back and Mt Stimson is a go…!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wow just watched that and knowing you animals suffered so much just puts it at another level. Thanks for the vicarious trip

from peakbagger
    perhaps the hardest major summit in the contiguous United States to climb form the standpoint of remoteness
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Wow... that was nasty.

Am I seeing right that he hauled the 2200gram+ Blank on that mission?