Page 10 of 129 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The FIFTY

Ah! Classic type II fun. It all seems like a good plan in the morning when you start out, but finishing in the dark with rubber legs and they only thiing that drives on is the thought of that wonderful beer waiting for you. Well played sir, well played.

great watch, crazy stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    another viddy dropped

Thanks for posting this up.

7k vert with some bushwack and a new route. Damn impressive Cody. Way to go!

is Big Willie next?

Great stuff. I’d have loved to see some of you guys skiing the crappy hollow snow.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

So great! Thanks for posting up, this is such fun to see others suffer so...
    “I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.”
    ― Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

www.mymountaincoop.ca

This is OUR mountain - come join us!

Willy!

Saw on PNH's FB page Cody was up in the Chugach hiking/skiing The Sphinx & Pontoon, TRs I'm sure will pop up shortly.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Quote Originally Posted by powpig View Post
    Saw on PNH's FB page Cody was up in the Chugach hiking/skiing The Sphinx & Pontoon, TRs I'm sure will pop up shortly.
    Since you guys are on it and a bit on the inside, from Currie, went out to Banff, back to the Coast, then to AK, then back to the Coast, then to California. Won't say how they all went...gonna have to watch the episodes to find out.

Well then, quit posting on TGR and get the next episode up son.��

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Well then, quit posting on TGR and get the next episode up son.��
    Every other Wednesday... so far... so he's got a full week after tomorrow.

Currie episode was awesome, best so far!

Keeps getting better and better.

Looking forward to the next episode.
    Smoke'em If You Got'em

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSki View Post
    I appreciate that they're climbing them all, that would've been a lot less interesting had they just heli'd to the top and powder skied down.
    I've got to think that in most cases climbing the routes makes things a whole lot safer, too, vs just dropping in. You know, the non-objective side of snowpack analysis: the feel you get by trudging through it on the way up (and surely especially effective for someone with Cody's massive experience in the bc).

This is a truly awe-inspiring quest. And Cody is one super cool dude: superstar pro skier, who remains humble, has a great sense of humor, and has not lost touch with his ski-bum roots. And that has inspired this most excellent thread (it is the rare TG thread that reaches 10 pages, without at least someone going into douche-mode, lol).

Cheers! Rock on, Cody! Stay safe out there, get 'em all, and here's to Robson coming into shape within your timeframe.

The Currie one was the best so far. Dig getting the whole experience, the climb up, the suffering, the doubt, the decision making, and the sketchball exit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

lotsa work for the production team to catch up on. stoked for the ak and giant steps eps. hopefully youre due to hit some more quality snow in the near future

The FIFTY

Extremely stoked for giant steps. That hasn’t been skied by too many people right?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The Currie one was the best so far. Dig getting the whole experience, the climb up, the suffering, the doubt, the decision making, and the sketchball exit.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    Extremely stoked for giant steps. That hasn’t been skied by too many people right?
    Backcountry magazine did a nice feature on it last year during their Eastern Sierra issue...

https://backcountrymagazine.com/stor...h-sierra-line/

Aemmer Cooley

Looks like Salomon should manufacture some fishscaled fatties.

Sweet! Good coverage to the top. I wish the approach was as quick as in the vid

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Driving over Rogers pass at night in a small storm last season (after driving several straight hours from the Calgary airport) was definitely the scariest thing I've done in a while. Those truckers are insane, as is the lack of separation between traffic in opposite directions. Got to Revelstoke and went straight to a bar for a few drinks before checking into my hotel. Haha.

The next day Grinch gave me an amusing summary of Rogers Pass closures. If there's an accident and no one dies, it will likely only be a 1-3 hour delay, but if someone dies then it's going to be at least 8 hours most likely. Stated as matter of fact because it happens so frequently! (Did I remember that correctly, Grinch?)

I think those mountains around Louise / Banff are some of the most aesthetically pleasing in the world. Interesting to see that it's actually a law to travel in at least a group of 4.

Cody - so on a steeper descent like this one, are you typically locking in your shift toes? (looked that way in the video)

best ski project everrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Driving over Rogers pass at night in a small storm last season (after driving several straight hours from the Calgary airport) was definitely the scariest thing I've done in a while. Those truckers are insane, as is the lack of separation between traffic in opposite directions. Got to Revelstoke and went straight to a bar for a few drinks before checking into my hotel. Haha.
    Yeah, can't handle that any more. Getting older and my tolerance for bad roads is decreasing. Would stay in Calgary or drive until it got too much and then would try to find a motel. Area sounds amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

The next day Grinch gave me an amusing summary of Rogers Pass closures. If there's an accident and no one dies, it will likely only be a 1-3 hour delay, but if someone dies then it's going to be at least 8 hours most likely. Stated as matter of fact because it happens so frequently! (Did I remember that correctly, Grinch?)

I think those mountains around Louise / Banff are some of the most aesthetically pleasing in the world. Interesting to see that it's actually a law to travel in at least a group of 4.

Cody - so on a steeper descent like this one, are you typically locking in your shift toes? (looked that way in the video)
    Not shifts.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!