Page 71 of 132 FirstFirst ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Those fans could really cycle out a fart quickly. Was that part of the written build request I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    This. We also added a second layer of spice to make it even more interesting. It's part of my never ending quest to make the fifty harder than it needs to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Where is the crib going in the van? Congrats!
    I would say adding a baby into the mix is an effective way of making The Fifty harder. Way to up your difficulty score!
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Where is the crib going in the van? Congrats!
    Hey, there’s already three seats. Might have to add some anchors for the baby seat

Quote Originally Posted by pureantigravity View Post
    Love that van tour! Great setup. Only wish Promaster had 4x4 and deisel. The modular is nice feature. I wonder what Cody's real MPG is for hwy/city and climbs to elevation trips?
    I've been pretty consistently getting 16/17 mpg. Maybe 15mpg in cities and up to 18mpg on highways. The additional height that comes with the 4x4 definitely makes it a little less efficient.

Oh and for the comment above on $80k...that's with a brand new van.

Big congratulations to you and Elyse!

Fuckin' A -- congrats on the mini-shredder! What a badass mom that kid is gonna have.

Let's be clear though -- they cut you a helluva a deal if they built you that for 80k with a brand new 4x4 van. As they should since you'll sell a bunch of vans for them.

Per their website (https://alpinevans.com/build-schedule/) the base vehicle for a 4x4 is 60k+. And so called "50 builds" start at 55k on top of that. Which means the average joe buying a similar rig is going to be out 115k+. And probably more like 120k+.

Now I also don't think there is anyone other there who can build an equivalent van out for just 10k unless you value your time at 0, you don't count the costs of tools and a workshop, and can get materials at wholesale pricing.

I've been pretty consistently getting 16/17 mpg. Maybe 15mpg in cities and up to 18mpg on highways. The additional height that comes with the 4x4 definitely makes it a little less efficient.

that does change things significantly.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Watched the Mountain Why couple days ago, good one. Alka, (or has anyone seen) any close up photos of what he used to attach skis to bike frame?

Someone online had ski boots voile strapped to their fork, seemed crazy and all I could picture is a boot rotating into the spokes.

Congrat's on expecting a baby!

$120k for the Cody. I was interested for sure.

Sick build, but no options for seating my twins. Guess I won't spend their college savings on a man-child treehouse-on-wheels. Boo hoo, woe is me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Joey Gilbert Law

Hey guys I was just curious of the backstory on Cody’s Instagram stories flipping off the poster of Joey Gilbert law.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeskis View Post
    Hey guys I was just curious of the backstory on Cody’s Instagram stories flipping off the poster of Joey Gilbert law.
    Google it, JONG

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Google it, JONG

Thanks but I did. I appreciate you and your little nicknames, you keyboard warrior you. Enjoy your day bud

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Google it, JONG
    I’m curious too. If you know, just spill it JONG.

It started as a gag because Cody thought the guy's ads in the airport were stupid. The lawyer found out and told him to stop, perhaps threatening legal action. Naturally that made Cody just want to do it more.

It was just a joke relating to early morning flights out of that airport and not being happy about it. But it got a lot better once it was revealed what a huge douchebag that guy is. I encountered him in IV once upon a time and he certainly lived up to his reputation.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeskis View Post
    Thanks but I did. I appreciate you and your little nicknames, you keyboard warrior you. Enjoy your day bud
    Awww, did I hurt your feelings? Too bad, JONG
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I’m curious too. If you know, just spill it JONG.
    You too? That's unfortunate.

The FIFTY

So, long story short: Cody and this lawyer guy are in the Tahoe airport, and the lawyer guy basically just takes a huge shit while Cody was also in the bathroom charging his goal zero and making air press coffee with a jet boil.

THEN, the lawyer guy doesn’t wash up, and wipes his turd fingers all over the breakfast sandwich which Cody was making on the bathroom changing table, and Cody was like “whoa dude, what the fuck are you doing w/your turd fings and the lawyer guy was all like I can do whatever I want I have tons of money blah blah blah, and now there’s some sort of civil lawsuit being filed.

I pretty much know all the guys at TGR film headquarters, and they say that’s how Cody is going to open the next season of the 50, with a super secret undercover go pro bathroom episode.

Alkapalisadeslik

You gotta change your name now bro

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    THEN, the lawyer guy doesn’t wash up, and wipes his turd fingers all over the breakfast sandwich which Cody was making on the bathroom changing table, and Cody was like “whoa dude, what the fuck are you doing w/your turd fings and the lawyer guy was all like I can do whatever I want I have tons of money blah blah blah, and now there’s some sort of civil lawsuit being filed.
    I saw on Fox this is how the Xi Variant started.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It's mid Sept, the leaves are changing, the excitement of ski season is in the air, let's see some new episodes Cody!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantana1 View Post
    It's mid Sept, the leaves are changing, the excitement of ski season is in the air, let's see some new episodes Cody!
    No doubt. Need something to replace the lack of a Powder magazine at this time of year

Looks like it's pay to play for the first installment:
    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/quality...s-175890883367

Not sure if that counts as pay to play. That's a live showing and it could be a supplemental episode (or it could be St. Elias). Or it could be a trailer for what's upcoming.

Description from Solomon website https://www.salomon.com/en-us/storie...time-film-tour
    Summit Fever

In Cody Townsend's quest to climb and ski all fifty of "The Fifty Classic Ski Descents of North America", there lies a few mountains that are among the hardest, gnarliest and most daunting ski descents in the world. One of those mountains, is Mount St. Elias. In his first attempt, Townsend is joined by snowboarder Nick Russell, guide Dan Corn and cinematographer Bjarne Salen, head up to the second highest peak in the US to face off with the mountains legendarily horrendous weather, its avalanche prone slopes and it's rarely summited peak. The adventure becomes a lesson in what makes adventure like these, so special.

October 29 at tahoe city art haus