Page 72 of 132 FirstFirst ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

I might go in Denver (week from today) if I can get someone to go with.

Question is: will it eventually be on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Description from Solomon website https://www.salomon.com/en-us/storie...time-film-tour

Summit Fever

In Cody Townsend's quest to climb and ski all fifty of "The Fifty Classic Ski Descents of North America", there lies a few mountains that are among the hardest, gnarliest and most daunting ski descents in the world. One of those mountains, is Mount St. Elias. In his first attempt, Townsend is joined by snowboarder Nick Russell, guide Dan Corn and cinematographer Bjarne Salen, head up to the second highest peak in the US to face off with the mountains legendarily horrendous weather, its avalanche prone slopes and it's rarely summited peak. The adventure becomes a lesson in what makes adventure like these, so special.
    Whoa whoa whoa. With a GUIDE?!? That means he's not really skiing The Fifty, and that the effort and accomplishment must be undermined by internet warriors.

Oh wait, I'm getting a call.... "No.... Really, he doesn't have a vagina?"

Guys, forget it, never mind about that guide thing. Go nuts, dick-dude!

Can't wait to see this punter ski again. Even if he is so talentless that he requires a guide.

[and if some of y'all need it, here ya go: ]
    sproing!

Dang I want to see all of those. Hope they come through Mammoth or make them available for streaming online after the tour.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by skizix View Post

Question is: will it eventually be on youtube?
    I don't see why it wouldn't, as the two other "short film projects" that have come out the Fifty - the Mountain Why and Peak Obsession - have both been on YT.

This seems like Salomon just milking some advertising views and getting a bit of cash by taking of advantage of people wanting "normal" film premiers to be a thing again. No harm, just a tweak of the normal WM, MSP, TGR model.

I wanna get filmed, paid, and do a film tour to explain the lessons learned about failure. I got plenty of examples

Can we expect the same for the first several attempts of university peak?

/funny guy

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I wanna get filmed, paid, and do a film tour to explain the lessons learned about failure. I got plenty of examples

Can we expect the same for the first several attempts of university peak?

/funny guy
    If you were as pretty as Cody, both in face and skiing, then maybe that would be possible?

But I've met you, you're not, so it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    /funny guy
    Maybe you can be the next guy to show up tomahawking at mach speed in the background, like in Cody's Joffre episode.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    If you were as pretty as Cody, both in face and skiing, then maybe that would be possible?

But I've met you, you're not, so it's not.
    Have u seen him tele ski?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Can't wait to see this punter ski again. Even if he is so talentless that he requires a guide.
    He skis in jeans now. Dad jeans.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

The FIFTY

New episodes start October 6 starting with Stimson then every two weeks. I’m guessing we won’t see Summit Fever on YouTube until after it’s tour run

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

To answer questions, yes, Summit Fever will come out online, just like all the other short films I've done. Slated for release in December. Second, yes, my buddy that wanted to ski St. Elias is a guide, something I knew would trigger the internet warriors. Just happy he receives summits as compensation and not cash. Third, Salomon tour was something dreamed up by Drew Peterson, though Salomon is a sponsor, it's more Drew's thing than Salomon's. Salomon actually ain't getting any cash from it and I'm just stoked to have an outlet to show films in person to people because it's far far more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    To answer questions, yes, Summit Fever will come out online, just like all the other short films I've done. Slated for release in December. Second, yes, my buddy that wanted to ski St. Elias is a guide, something I knew would trigger the internet warriors. Just happy he receives summits as compensation and not cash. Third, Salomon tour was something dreamed up by Drew Peterson, though Salomon is a sponsor, it's more Drew's thing than Salomon's. Salomon actually ain't getting any cash from it and I'm just stoked to have an outlet to show films in person to people because it's far far more fun.
    You are worse than hitler!
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Just grabbed tickets for the Seattle show! Love the variety of movies being offered.

Hey Cody, will the other films on the tour be available online at some point? Or better yet, can ya just come down and do a show in Mammoth?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Hey Cody, will the other films on the tour be available online at some point? Or better yet, can ya just come down and do a show in Mammoth?
    Yeah pretty much all of them available online after the in person showings.

I can't believe you'd want a professional mountain guide to help with logistics and safety in one the most remote, dangerous, and wild locations on the planet.

ProTip to anyone going to the Denver show tomorrow -- HopsNPie does $5 personal detroit style pizzas on Thursday and they are legit. And of course good taplist. Sadly flying out tomorrow afternoon so I can't give Aqua some change for a nickel stickers.

See you in Missoula.
    swing your fucking sword.

I'm curious how this one film/these showings will affect future conversations with the NPS about permits and commercial vs personal for the project. Although I am sure that was well thought out before adding it to the showings.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    I can't believe you'd want a professional mountain guide to help with logistics and safety in one the most remote, dangerous, and wild locations on the planet.
    The youth today, such a sad lot of soft doughy disappointments.

[QUOTE=subtle plague;6418179]You are -------------------------/QUOTE]

whats up with you today second time you using the ahole! thoughts and prayers!

[QUOTE=nordekette;6418460]
    Quote Originally Posted by subtle plague View Post
    You are -------------------------/QUOTE]

whats up with you today second time you using the ahole! thoughts and prayers!
    Just being disappointed cody never comes to Europe.

Seriously though..
    I just found It odd that cody has to justify anything he does in front of some Internet warriors on Youtube etc..

Especially since everything he has ever done became available anyway and he's a stand up dude (judging by his Videos... .. for All I know he could be Dr. Townsend online and Mr. Cody in real life ).

So I thought I'd do a bit of hyperbole. Oh well.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    I'm just stoked to have an outlet to show films in person to people because it's far far more fun.
    Doing a tour like Warren Miller used to do w/ narration.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

[QUOTE=subtle plague;6418513]
    Quote Originally Posted by nordekette View Post
    Just being disappointed cody never comes to Europe.

Seriously though..
    I just found It odd that cody has to justify anything he does in front of some Internet warriors on Youtube etc..

Especially since everything he has ever done became available anyway and he's a stand up dude (judging by his Videos... .. for All I know he could be Dr. Townsend online and Mr. Cody in real life ).

So I thought I'd do a bit of hyperbole. Oh well.
    your are a true fan. i know cause you have those salomon boots and skis.

cody could send you a poster with autograph to cool your mind : )
    or swing by your rv and chill with you next time he is in yourope

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    I'm curious how this one film/these showings will affect future conversations with the NPS about permits and commercial vs personal for the project. Although I am sure that was well thought out before adding it to the showings.
    With the Price vs. Barr ruling, the conversation has definitely changed and they're far less worried about the commercial / non-commercial designations from what I've found, even in Wilderness areas. It feels all very "grey area" at this point and as long as you're open, honest, obey the rules and don't promote bad behavior, they seem to be a bit less black and white and apt to deny before even applying. Again, each park is its own little fiefdom and each park's managers manage their permitting process differently, but ultimately everything seems a bit more friendly these days with small crews like ours documenting what we're doing out there.