Page 38 of 132 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Cody's a hack! Huckasoreass knows what's up!
    Thanks, Powdork! At least someone else knows to call that Alka chump out! And back on topic, I've said it before and I'll say it again: does riding a mono down Terminal Cancer qualify as "skiing?" I think not. He's stuck with an asterisk.
    or don't

well we super seniors need to stick together against these young whippersnappers.
    You're absolutely correct about the mono BOARD though. Rax skis on the other hand. Pretty much designed for steep rad couloirs like TC.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

My mind is blown! Alka and or huckas have to ski rax skis. The tgr board would go bonkers. The rest of the internet would just say: wtf!?
    Maaybe on a less consequential line than the last few.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using TGR Forums mobile app
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    well we super seniors need to stick together against these young whippersnappers.
    You're absolutely correct about the mono BOARD though. Rax skis on the other hand. Pretty much designed for steep rad couloirs like TC.
    No descent on Rax counts cause they make it too easy.

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

bucket list.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Cody (can I call you Cody?), that was awesome. Thank you. I imagine like most here, the mountains are my church, my happy place, the place where I feel most centered, where I feel how small I am in the grand scheme of the universe, but also how singular and unique I am in the grand scheme. This episode explains that a little. And as someone who has done a lot of work for and with tribes over many years, I also appreciate how you tied all of that to the native perspective, but in a way that non-native people can buy in. A fantastic 10 minutes of my day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Mountain: Who are you, who are you?
    Response: It's me, your grandchild, I am here to return to you.

"I think more than anything, it's just my way of pulling a permit." - Len Necefer, PhD

HEAVY!

Best episode yet! Thanks for sharing it.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Great episode. Thinking deeper about the mountains is something all of us who love then should do more.

Cody (can I call you Cody?), that was awesome. Thank you. I imagine like most here, the mountains are my church, my happy place, the place where I feel most centered, where I feel how small I am in the grand scheme of the universe, but also how singular and unique I am in the grand scheme. This episode explains that a little. And as someone who has done a lot of work for and with tribes over many years, I also appreciate how you tied all of that to the native perspective, but in a way that non-native people can buy in. A fantastic 10 minutes of my day.
    You can call me anything but Shirley. Was really stoked to get the chance to tell Len's and Connor's story. Their perspective as Native Americans obviously shares some of values we have as outdoor recreationalists but the depth, history and importance in which their values align with wild places and mountains is powerful on a whole different level. Having people like Len and Connor at the forefront of conservation is so important. They're both destined to change the world.

You can call me anything but Shirley. Was really stoked to get the chance to tell Len's and Connor's story. Their perspective as Native Americans obviously shares some of values we have as outdoor recreationalists but the depth, history and importance in which their values align with wild places and mountains is powerful on a whole different level. Having people like Len and Connor at the forefront of conservation is so important. They're both destined to change the world.

Sick! Beats the stuffing out of feature length movies. Well played again Alka and friends!

Cody - thanks for the last episode and creating space for indigenous voices. What a beautiful reminder to bring a prayerful attitude of gratefulness, thanksgiving, and connection to the mountains! It's all too easy for me to forget when I'm cranking turns in the resort and racing to find the last stashes of pow before anyone else.

I skied with Connor this summer. Friend showed up with him one morning. I'll admit at first I wasn't stoked on a random young bro from Boulder joining last minute. How wrong my first impression was -- one of the most enjoyable ski days full of stoke and good chats of the year. Plus dude was just so damn keen to milk out every bit of skiing he could. He needed to jump on this little slope on our way out for 3 last turns.

Great episode Cody and team.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67911055_1100180513511400_6951752362142728192_n.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	476.5 KB 
ID:	300186

I like how Bjarne keeps asking how the group is doing. It almost feels like he is everyone's caretaker.

Best one yet.
    watch out for snakes

10/10
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Amazing work on the latest episode of the Fifty. Did a solid day of touring today and came home, made some coffee and soaked it in.

Random question for ya, Cody. How do you like the big smith touring shades I’ve seen in the videos? Something like the Wildcat? I’ve been having problems with sunglasses fogging. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Amazing work on the latest episode of the Fifty. Did a solid day of touring today and came home, made some coffee and soaked it in.

Random question for ya, Cody. How do you like the big smith touring shades I’ve seen in the videos? Something like the Wildcat? I’ve been having problems with sunglasses fogging. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best touring shades I've ever rocked. Mainly because they have better coverage than normal shades and yet enough ventilation to not steam up...and I'm a sweaty hiker for sure. I used to always steam up the Smith Attack and other wrap around bike shades and then normal lifestyle glasses just felt like I was burning my retinas. They're by far the best shades for touring and biking I've used yet...hence why I practically live in them in the winter.

that was really really great. fill your cup++++

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    Mountain: Who are you, who are you?
    Response: It's me, your grandchild, I am here to return to you.

"I think more than anything, it's just my way of pulling a permit." - Len Necefer, PhD

HEAVY!
    Thought the permit line was brilliant.

Every time i watch it I think 'Get Len a new helmet!'
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

AARGH! I can't seem to watch The Fifty anymore. When I try to watch from this thread, I get:

Name:  no_fifty.PNG
Views: 843
Size:  7.0 KB

And if I go to youtube, no fifty episodes come up with my normal search: "the fifty". Searching for Cody Townsend brings back no fifties either. FWIW, I did subscribe to the youtube channel.

Wtf is going on?!? Already starting to feel withdrawal symptoms coming on.