Page 48 of 132 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    This. My non-mohair got thrashed as well. Oh well.
    Cheaper and lower consequence than a shattered tib-fib but still not something I like to do if I can avoid it.

you don't need skins, you need ski crampons. or just get the right gear from the get go. Just ask Tom
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1180984.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	661.4 KB 
ID:	315697
    from austria
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Since Cody fancies himself a tinkerer, perhaps he can develop some ski anchor prototypes for managing speed through those trails and dedicate an episode to trying them out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    you don't need skins, you need ski crampons. or just get the right gear from the get go. Just ask Tom from austria
    About 20 years ago I was in France watching a rando race, the Miage-Contamines-Somfy for anyone who may remember such obscurities. The terrain was rowdy as hell with the last run down a steep face choked up with rocks and a narrow-ish couloir, all in horrendous windboard. The racers were on absolutely unskiable light gear (Dynastar Altiplume anyone?) and made it look like a complete battlefield.
    The winning team sent the couloir by sticking both poles between their legs, leaning back as far as they could, and straight-lining with reckless abandon. They were a lot faster than the rest of the pack but significantly slower than I'd have expected from just the effect of pole drag (he). They called that move la sorciere (the witch) since they both looked like witches riding their brooms.

Now think of the possibilities when you're rocking 2 whippets...

Great article posted about Cody from Powder magazine. Guess it ran in an earlier issue for those of u-like me that don’t subscribe...

https://www.powder.com/stories/just-...e-50-classics/

Ps-Liked the 3D google earth graphics in the last episode showing the approach and descent. Editing game and music was noticeably stepped up too. Went from A+ to AA+ nice work Bjarne and Cody!

Quote Originally Posted by teamdirt View Post

Ps-Liked the 3D google earth graphics in the last episode showing the approach and descent. Editing game and music was noticeably stepped up too. Went from A+ to AA+ nice work Bjarne and Cody!
    Yes! Huge addition to the episodes. Previous episodes had some pics or visuals, but I didn't feel like it was consistent. This is a cool little addition to give context to the line itself and the approach, etc. Please keep doing this Cody+Bjarne

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Pro Tip: Put skins back on to slow down those sketchy summer tail exits.
    That's just a normal run on the east coast. Razor your edges and throw in some pizza turns when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Yes! Huge addition to the episodes. Previous episodes had some pics or visuals, but I didn't feel like it was consistent. This is a cool little addition to give context to the line itself and the approach, etc. Please keep doing this Cody+Bjarne
    Completely agree. Ignore those fools on your social media post asking for feedback who said it looked cheesy. It was great and they’re just flat out wrong.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I suggest throwing in some pizza tuck with ass-in-the-air turns. Maybe ski out the hiking trails in jeans and gaiters, too.

Ski the Fifty at 50 in jeans.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Oh yeah, I take everything with a grain of salt and also like what I like so I generally just try to weigh feedback on a group scale and see if I can read between the lines on what's good or bad. The VFX Maps will be integrated into every episode from here on out. It was one of those 'read between the lines' feedback I synthesized last season.

That most recent one was my favourite so far. Seems like something even I could handle!

I enjoy watching the journey up the most. I can't believe how much planning and work it must take just to make a 20 minute youtube vid. Dedicated.

Fun one for all us East Coasters here.

For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

The FIFTY

That was excellent. Dunfee with his awesome, Cliff Clavin impersonation, had me rolling. “Give it the beans, get in the front of the boots and point it downhill”, I’m gonna use that one! Well done boys.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    That was excellent. Dunfee with his awesome, Cliff Clavin impersonation, had me rolling. “Give it the beans, get in the front of the boots and point it downhill”, I’m gonna use that one! Well done boys.
    Great episode.
    Very funny. Way to represent the East

C'mon man. That's no Boston accent. That's straight up May-nah.

I’ve lived here my whole life, that’s a beantown accent, kihd.
    crab in my shoe mouth

vs.

Get a job! For fucks sake, guy.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Get a job! For fucks sake, guy.
    I dunnow abow dat one der, bub.

Just watched the Mt Timpanogos episode again.
    Not to pick at nits....

Mt. Nebo is the highest peak in the Wasatch not Timp
    Nebo is almost 200 ft taller.

https://www.peakbagger.com/range.aspx?rid=1452

/I will show myself out
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

good video but mount mitchell in north carolina is the highest peak on the east coast.
    off your knees Louie

Another fun episode, but a sad comment on the Sierra when you have to go to New Hampshire to find good snow.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    good video but mount mitchell in north carolina is the highest peak on the east coast.
    Lies, all lies.
    A mountain can only be a mountain if you can ski off it.

Can you ski off Mt. Mitchell❓

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Was watching when the native North Carolinian in my house walked past and tore into this same statement.