Page 57 of 132 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Hey, if you could make the video work in your picture that would be good.
    Ok I’ll get right on that

27° 18°

LOL

Perfect!
    watch out for snakes

So Cody takes wife on a sufferfest in Idaho for first tour on bullet proof ice. Was your plan to ensure she never wanted to go again? Watched three episodes on you tube and it was cool to learn how you scoped lines and planned.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Elyse has toured more than 50% of the people who post in bc threads in Tech Talk.

The FIFTY

Deleted cause I’m an asshole
    Last edited by skibrd; 04-28-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Anyone who believed them doesn’t pay attention. I believed the part about ice aces and crampons, but not touring, not so much haha.

Was still an awesome episode to watch!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Exactly. That was a sarcastic limb I went out on, not a speculative limb.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that Elyse has toured more than 50% of the people who post in bc threads in Tech Talk.
    Elyse had a debilitating hip injury that put her under the knife four years ago and this winter was the first winter in six to seven years that she could ski tour without every step being a step of cringing pain. She couldn't ride bikes for three years, still can't hike in the summer and pretty much has to do an hour of in home PT everyday to get her hip to be usable...so yeah, what I said was correct, she hasn't toured much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Elyse had a debilitating hip injury that put her under the knife four years ago and this winter was the first winter in six to seven years that she could ski tour without every step being a step of cringing pain. She couldn't ride bikes for three years, still can't hike in the summer and pretty much has to do an hour of in home PT everyday to get her hip to be usable...so yeah, what I said was correct, she hasn't toured much.
    Holy shit, I did not realize that. I figured that was more akin to the Terminal Cancer line dialogue. I guess my sarcastic limb wasn't as sturdy as I thought. Glad to hear she's doing better and I hope it continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    but launching cliffs & slaying steeps for movies are ok for the hip?

gives me hope for my own recovery process, tho in a far, far less skilled manner than she skis

My kids and I are loving this series. Great work and glimpse into the planning and effort behind each line.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Anyone who has ever toured much at all knows that skinning can put a lot of strain on your hips... it's not really comparable to dropping a cliff, which has more impact on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post

gives me hope for my own recovery process, tho in a far, far less skilled manner than she skis
    Yeah it's just different, though hucking gives her pain its that sort of pain like a punch to the gut can give ya. Sure it hurts but you can get over it quickly and a bit more adrenaline and you're back in action. You'd be surprised how much pain a lot of the top pros are skiing through in their segments. For instance, in 2011 I separated a couple ribs off my sternum on Day 1 of a heli trip to Terrace with MSP--if you've ever done this, you know how insanely painful it is, only pain worse I've had was breaking my femur. I duct taped wrapped my chest as tight as possible and continued for the next two weeks. Every time I'd land an air they'd pop back out, I'd writher around in just mind numbing, scream out loud pain for about 5 to 10 minutes at the bottom of each line, gather myself, get back in the heli and do it again. Oh and the reason we never tell these stories nor share them is because suddenly it's perceived as whining and then everyone likes to jump on that bandwagon and tell us how good we have it...which we know, otherwise we wouldn't put ourselves through the pain to keep the fun alive.

Whereas with endurance sports, you have a microscopic flack of meniscus flaking off in your knee during a marathon, yeah, you aren't making it far. Same with touring. If every step is just pure pain and you have to do 15,000 steps, well that whole day is just gonna be the worst day ever, especially if it's in your hip for ski touring.

i caught the last part of the IG interview over the weekend and Elyse talked about how much filming can beat you up
    presumably hitting lines already in recovery mode aint easy

Thank you for sharing....not only the inspirational adventures/videos but also the Q/A's and providing some real perspective on what it means to be a pro skier. It's easy for us armchair pro skiers to forget about the injuries, time away from family and other stuff I'm sure you deal with on a regular basis. I think it's good to be reminded every now and then about the sacrifice required to live what appears on it's most basic face to be an easy life.

Was randomly watching something else on youtube when I noticed a thing on the sidebar for a live viewing! So glad I caught the live showing! Was cool interacting with Cody as the story played out on the screen. What an incredible looking line. Glad you guys finally got to ski something in good conditions. I'd easily put Mt. Moran in my top 3 favorite episodes so far. Cheers Cody, Bjarne and company!

Great episode... again! Love the camp out. And the DIY sled. And of course the epic descent!

I usually watch these and think "cool, but nah." This time I'm straight jealous.

Good on ya.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Wow. the Moran episode is REALLY good. I love the long distance time lapse night shots showing the headlamps progressing up.

Some of these episodes actually make ski mountaineering look fun.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

If the Fifty Project had to be put on hold due to the rona, the skiing and camaraderie in the Mt. Moran episode provided a good amount of stoke to hold us over. The stoke was palpable, there was a snowboarder in the crew, and the Bjorne sightings gelled to make this a top three episode.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    Wow. the Moran episode is REALLY good. I love the long distance time lapse night shots showing the headlamps progressing up.
    I did too, but I wondered how they took those? Did someone hang way back and then try and catch up in the dark? Did they leave a camera?

Cody, can you fill us in?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Great episode. Always been intrigued by the skillet. She seemed like she would be really fun to ski with. She would kick my ass, but so be it. Love her laugh.

Damn, Cody! Just when I think you can't put together a better edit, you come up with this.

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Cody - just curious for the Moran episode, what was the advisory rating that day? You guys were concerned about the roller balls in the dark and mentioned possible wind loading at one point, but got further up your ascent and then felt better about things, clearly. Wondering about that thought process...