Page 36 of 132 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Cool. Well then I've got the guy for ya. Noah Howell has been quietly trying the fifty classics for well over a decade. Ah shit, you know what, he's making a movie too about it because it's rad to get paid to ski. Like really cool. I mean, no office, no bosses, set your own schedule, go ski for the day and it's technically a "work day", tax write offs are great too... Hmm, well looks like you're gonna have to do your best to ignore it. Or wait, why don't you give it a try and don't tell a soul, then maybe you'll have some respect for yourself! Give'r buddy!
    wait he's the guy that did the homo rainbow telemark scene, changed the music, cause it was homo..

then changed to a.t.

dude is a badass, utah is weird though.

i love how snartastic everything is trending now

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I would have some respect for this if they went out and did it quietly, without any fanfare or publicity. No matter how impressive the feat (which it objectively is), I have no respect for the self-aggrandizing Instatwit bullshit.
    then where would you get your content? people put in work, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    FKNA right!
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Fuckin' A. That was stoke.
    Fuckin-A for a third time. Adrenaline pumping, FOMO kicking in. Now time to re-watch an episode of the fifty to bring me down a notch. I've got to work today and these videos aren't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by anything View Post
    any update on the lebent lesend lesock?
    im in Oz for 3 weeks before heading back to Japan. was hoping to pick up a few pair while here.
    nevermind.
    thanks for moving their release date forward to suit my travels.
    a few pair of these arrived today.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191014_112253b.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	297708

KAPLOW!

Keep up the groove Cody.

Stoked for a shot of snow tonight in Appalachia.
    watch out for snakes

Another great episode. Pyramid, North Maroon, and Holy Cross in a 5 (4?) day span sounds... hard.

I'm tired just watching that
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Does Bjarne bivy next to your tundra or does he have a separate rig?

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Does Bjarne bivy next to your tundra or does he have a separate rig?
    He's got a van he built up last summer that he's rolling, camping and living out of for the project.

He's got a van he built up last summer that he's rolling, camping and living out of for the project.
    Why is he always waking you up? Lazy.....
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Why is he always waking you up? Lazy.....
    Cause who else is gonna film me waking up?

Another great episode. I have so made that face spilling coffee first thing in the morning. Oh, and the skiing/snow conditions at both locations looked pretty good. Nicely timed.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

great ep!

its funny to imagine how bored pete gaston is waiting for everyone to catch up on the climb the entire time.

Another great episode. Great work.
    Love the Elks.

The Fifty keeps delivering!

Way to go Cody, keep up the strong work amigo.

Quote Originally Posted by bbrianburke View Post
    great ep!

its funny to imagine how bored pete gaston is waiting for everyone to catch up on the climb the entire time.
    One thing we didn't show is because of Pete's sled key debacle, we actually ended up about a half hour behind two parties going for the same line. So we went into full Pete mode and were sprinting to catch up, pass and get to the top and off before the others could potentially drop in and slough us out or something. At one point, while I was going all out, Pete says, "This is a nice group pace". I felt like slapping him but was too out of breath. From sled drop off to bottom of the line we finished in 5 hours. So about 6.5 miles and 6k vert in 5 hours....and that was a "good group pace". Fucker. It's probably why I was so wasted the next day. Pete, Pete seemed fine. Fucker.

Very entertaining... well done. Great music, too.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

One thing we didn't show is because of Pete's sled key debacle, we actually ended up about a half hour behind two parties going for the same line. So we went into full Pete mode and were sprinting to catch up, pass and get to the top and off before the others could potentially drop in and slough us out or something. At one point, while I was going all out, Pete says, "This is a nice group pace". I felt like slapping him but was too out of breath. From sled drop off to bottom of the line we finished in 5 hours. So about 6.5 miles and 6k vert in 5 hours....and that was a "good group pace". Fucker. It's probably why I was so wasted the next day. Pete, Pete seemed fine. Fucker.
    Amazing. Thanks for the detail. This series is SDG. Stay safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by hafjell View Post
    Amazing. Thanks for the detail. This series is SDG. Stay safe out there.
    Concur with this. Love the detail and trials/backstory.

A lesser much less motivated group would bail or readjust - and by that I mean drive or find the fucking key. Glide path up would sap my soul.

Pyramid, North Maroon, and Holy Cross in 4 days is kinda bonkers. You earned a few beers after that lol

(sigh)

Beautiful day.

Love the Elks too - thanks for sharing this.
    I love the little 'surprise' air at the bottom of the face on North.

Incredible series Alka.
    Inspiring. Already can't wait for the next one.
    Keep it up and stay safe!

Hah, reminds me of touring with Trackhead and his buddies years ago. Fully redlined just trying to keep them in sight while they're up there casually chatting away.

And wasn't Pete also in the middle of his lung/breathing issues at that time too??? I talked to him a week or two after you guys came through and he mentioned not being up to do Pyramid and all his troubles with breathing. Regardles... either Gaston bro or Strokes (!) or Anton will not struggle with a hot pace. Looks like you had to chase down local crushers Nate Rowland and Mark Zitelli as well???

Great episode and great triple!

first world problem

NFW nice fkn wrk