Page 81 of 132 FirstFirst ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Ha, the bike exit footage was classic.

Cody, FWIW, I totally thought this was just a bonus episode, not a another one checked off the list. I know your new youtube seo guru thinks it's better episode naming, but I almost didn't click on this one.
    I thought the same, was a bonus episode. Nice surprise though...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Backcountry set up: check
    Avy gear: check
    Sled: check
    Ebike: god damn it. Hello Xmas!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

laughing my ass off with the skis & ebikes combo on the way back to the carpark, so much so the neighbors dogs started barking ;P

fkna
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Also, I am 100% positive Cody is not the first person to ride a bike with skis on. But he does seem to have a knack for it, so maybe we should see more of that.
    I'm talking about the actual pedaling of the bike while wearing the skis... you've seen this done? lol... pretty hilarious.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm talking about the actual pedaling of the bike while wearing the skis... you've seen this done? lol... pretty hilarious.
    Yeah. I'm kinda shocked most people on this forum haven't seen this before. Y'all's drunken shoulder season parties need to get more creative.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Yeah. I'm kinda shocked most people on this forum haven't seen this before. Y'all's drunken shoulder season parties need to get more creative.
    I've seen it done with snowblades but not full sized skis.

love the moped skijoring.

I also thought it was a bonus episode, until seeing comments above.

Solid work as usual. But e-bike skijoring works a lot better with waders and snowshoes. What a bunch of beaters. Geez...

I love this post (by Mrs. GB?) on how to use Gaia and Caltopo to plan ski trips: https://14erskiers.com/blog/2017/01/...-skiingroutes/ I think it's the best compilation I've seen, if a little dated (e.g., CalTopo has an app now). Using Slope Angle Shading makes a world of difference for identifying macro hazards. And you can see ridge-tops winds in CalTopo. Pretty amazing stuff.
    sproing!

The FIFTY

The reworked titles are now excellent.

Thank you for your contributions to our imaginations.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    The reworked titles are now excellent.

Thank you for your contributions to our imaginations.
    Agree. That should make everybody happy.

The FIFTY - Line 34/50 - How to Ski Big Lines - Backcountry planning on Devil's Bedstead, Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Agree. That should make everybody happy.
    Yeah, inspired by the confusion here, went in and did a hasty little re-title. Gonna go through them all in the coming weeks and retitle and update thumbnails.

What can I say, I'm a skier, not a YT expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Yeah, inspired by the confusion here, went in and did a hasty little re-title. Gonna go through them all in the coming weeks and retitle and update thumbnails.

What can I say, I'm a skier, not a YT expert.
    Isn't that why you have this guy?

I've got a new editor who's a whiz on YT SEO and such and we're going to be going through all thumbnails / titles and making more sense of it all soon. It's a full on jumble because I pretty much just started with no real plan nor knowledge of how YT works and started rolling. Got into pickles with episodes I didn't complete the line and with the "Super Episodes / Movies" and haven't been able to solve it in a coherent way.

But hopefully clarity will come soon.
    Seriously great stuff recently, keep up the good work bud!

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Isn't that why you have this Guy!...
    delegate bttr than I ski most days... some dont even know when I'm doing it to them
    Last edited by Gepeto; 11-22-2021 at 02:41 PM.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Thanks man. The thing is, I've always considered myself a not that talented athlete, in no way the superhero the movies make us out to be and just a pretty normal skier. So I've always felt more uncomfortable putting on an air that I am one of those freak, superhero athletes and showing the real side of myself makes me more comfortable that trying to live up to some manufactured hype. Showing myself being scared, failing and the reality of the situation is just me being me and that's the only thing I care about being judged on is if I'm honest and authentic or not.
    Which is why the series is fun to watch.......good stuff. About your brain, and the heat exhaustion, are you sure you're brain wasn't fried BEFORE you made the decision to do that ride at noon Next time just have Alex kick you square in the balls and skip the bike ride. Same level of suffering will be achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackhead View Post
    Next time just have Alex kick you square in the balls and skip the bike ride. Same level of suffering will be achieved.
    I laughed- out loud

Dude, although not new info here I did enjoy the new bonus episode.. but what's with the elevator music?

Name:  h4819832B.jpeg
Views: 1062
Size:  26.5 KB

@Alkasquawlik, regarding keeping feet warm; my tip is antiperspirant.

I spray the bottom (especially) and top of my feet just before putting socks on.
    walking around on top of the antiperspirant layer wears it away, and can make the floor slippery :P, so its the last thing you do before socks.
    this means your feet sweat a heap less, if at all, and thus prevents them from getting cold.

doesn't really do much for ultra hot spring tours, but for 99% other scenarios it works great.
    go from toes so cold you cant feel them or feels like a frozen lump just before your toes, to being comfy all day.

it doesn't seem all antiperspirants work the same, I think its to do with genetics and different pore sizes, so find and use whatever works for you. please start with some of the more environmentally friendly ones tho.
    I expect there are a bunch of anti-antiperspirant people out there. but I'll choose to keep frostbite off my toes every time.

oh, and of course merino/bamboo socks.

^^^
    That’s a very interesting tip that I’ve never thought of. Not an antiperspirant fan, but lord knows I’ve put way worse things into my body. I’m going to have to give it a try.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Works really well.

I've been doing it for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The FIFTY

I don’t relate. My touring partners and I pretty much all use “non-breathable”Intuition liners in our touring boots, day after day, year after year, without issue. But for the coldest of days, my feet are always warm and dry. What’s the deal with all you sweaty feet people?

Moisture mgmt for hands and feet. I have sweaty feet and hands. I’ve used intuition lines since the late 90’s, and used to struggle with the stinky soaking wet liner interior problem on multi day trips. Ive been using thin vbl socks for 20 yrs. my feet stay warm cuz the liners are very warm, liners stay dry, feet are soaked just like they would be without the vbl sock, and the liners never stink. I wear latex or nitrile gloves against my skin with similar success (I’ll even do this in the summer when I’m wearing leather work gloves). I’m considering vbl for my nethers cuz that shit gets super moist, and those monkey butt days….

I had not heard of that new gtx fabric. 2 gtx jackets seems spendy for us mortals.

I like that non-petrol synth base layer fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by kootenayskier View Post
    I don’t relate. My touring partners and I pretty much all use “non-breathable”Intuition liners in our touring boots, day after day, year after year, without issue. But for the coldest of days, my feet are always warm and dry. What’s the deal with all you sweaty feet people?
    Well aren’t you special?

I need breathable ski boot liners like I need breathable skis.

yeah that makes zero sense to me

shells don’t exactly breath
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.