Page 47 of 132 FirstFirst ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Looks like a fun day.

Some of the 50 look like a good way to spend a day, others...not so much.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Looks like a fun day.

Some of the 50 look like a good way to spend a day, others...not so much.
    Perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Yeah that looked fun. I really like the new route map segment

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Yeah that looked fun. I really like the new route map segment
    Was gonna comment this exactly. +1

Also, getting into nordorking the past couple of seasons has vastly improved my touring skills, especially since I'm a splitboarder. It's a good activity to take up!
    27° 18°

Getting your line poached by a touring partners roommates. Sounds like some lame roommates.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Was gonna comment this exactly. +1

Also, getting into nordorking the past couple of seasons has vastly improved my touring skills, especially since I'm a splitboarder. It's a good activity to take up!
    Awesome. Glad people are digging that. Spent a pretty penny getting those things done but figured they'd help people understand the lines so much better.

I'm also curious about this "person info revealed". Was it drinking in the morning with Asit and co.?

Stoked for this one, local stuff is always cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Have you thought about a Patreon page yet? Seems like something quite a few YouTubers are add to make some extra $$.. I'd be down to send a couple bucks every month to keep this project going!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TGR Forums mobile app
    +1 to the Patreon page. I would love to help keep this rad project going!

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    Getting your line poached by a touring partners roommates. Sounds like some lame roommates.
    It's not your line til your tracks are on it

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    I'm also curious about this "person info revealed". Was it drinking in the morning with Asit and co.?
    It was a pic from IG of the wyeast sign-in sheet with phone numbers, etc
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    after a probe strike they'd have to shotgun it. so at least they could be back to searching for your corpse rather quickly
    I usually do beacon search practice in the beacon park, but when it's busted or not up and running I like to get a couple friends together and a six pack of tallboys and do the following:

* Dig down and place the beacon in the snow
    * Cover it with a shovel blade to protect it from probe strikes
    * Place a tallboy, on its side, on top of the shovel blade
    * Bury it all back up and let the others search

When you get that probe strike and it punctures the can, you've gotta dig it out quickly to shotgun the beer. Hopefully, when it's a real incident, my partners won't be thinkin, "Oh fuck, pipedream's down there, we gotta rescue him!" but rather, "There's a motherfucking beer down there and I'm thirsty!"

It also helps to be the beer mule in the group

What's in the recovery beer?

Alcoholol

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    climb card has phone number

[edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    It was a pic from IG of the wyeast sign-in sheet with phone numbers, etc
    yeah, that

What did they call the trail at the bottom? An "Anger" Trail??

Not heard that over 'ere before

Pretty sure it was "danger trail"

Those high speed luge run forest trail exits can be harrowing for sure. Some are fun as hell, sometimes moreso than the high objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Pretty sure it was "danger trail"

Those high speed luge run forest trail exits can be harrowing for sure. Some are fun as hell, sometimes moreso than the high objective.
    The Timp exit has the good taste of being mostly N facing and goes to doubletrack pretty quick. We have a couple other exits in the range that are downright terrifying, as in 2500' of steep W-facing summer trail with dense brush and trees on the sides. The whole thing heats up in the afternoon then freezes solid. It gets buffed by hikers, snowshoers, and large hordes of kids on sleds who do a great job exposing the underlying granite chunks. Getting out safely after a big day is always a treat, especially when you have to dodge packs of beer-drinking teens and excited dogs on your wobbly legs.

Cody, way to make it work despite the botched approach! Looks like you stayed perfectly in between the road and the summer trail but didn't hit either until things flattened out and you were out of the shitty part. Solid way to maximize pain! My last trip up there we turned around at the rock band as there was a 6' crown in the gut and everything was blue ice. Slogging along that road both ways to ski an ice-rink isn't my favorite memory...

Oh ok, will be sure to throw 'danger trail' around a bit to look all cool and US...

Yeah the animated route is awesome.

Great episode, glad to see I'm not the only one who gets lost on the nature trail sometimes! Local beta indeed

Excellent!

P.S. Feel free to invite Mali along anytime.

That egress looks a lot like what we ski regularly in WV.

When there is snow.
    watch out for snakes

This series is my absolute favorite ski stoke/series/movie whatever. It brings a smile to my face every time I watch an episode. Thanks for doing this. If you need to monetize, count me in. I'd happily pay to watch these every week.

As always, really dig it.

One small quibble, and maybe I only say this because I watched this on low volume, but the background music was too loud when there was dialog. With my crappy old guy hearing, I couldn't hear what y'all were saying over the music, even though my volume setting was certainly loud enough to hear it otherwise (and I couldn't turn the volume up because of my location).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Pro Tip: Put skins back on to slow down those sketchy summer tail exits.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Pro Tip: Put skins back on to slow down those sketchy summer tail exits.
    THIS! Just watching the exit out scared the shit out of me, I am not a fan of those Wasatch summer trails, as boissal stated icy buffed out luge trails surrounded by trees and filled with kids, dogs, and other various surprises (even the occasional moose every once in a while).
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    THIS! Just watching the exit out scared the shit out of me, I am not a fan of those Wasatch summer trails, as boissal stated icy buffed out luge trails surrounded by trees and filled with kids, dogs, and other various surprises (even the occasional moose every once in a while).
    HA! I almost rear ended a cow last year hauling ass down the Millcreek road. She was standing around a bend, I saw her at the last second and snuck by at most a foot away. I should have petted her as I went by but I was too busy shitting my pants picturing a very gruesome death.

Skins on works to some extent but it has to be steep enough to maintain speed otherwise things get really slow. And you need to be OK with trashing skins in 1 season, mohair doesn't really like high speed glide.

And you need to be OK with trashing skins in 1 season, mohair doesn't really like high speed glide.
    This. My non-mohair got thrashed as well. Oh well.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda