Page 44 of 132 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

No daffy on that little jump at the bottom? Color me disappointed.

I just watched another video of someone skiing Shasta and they made it look super hard, but you all made it seem like a relatively easy one.

Fun!

(Michelle got a sneaky sponsor shoutout. Pro move snaking the final shot! )

In terms of second attempts, etc., and still making things interesting or telling a new story, I'd be interested to see more about the process of deciding "ok, we're going to retry objective X on Y date." Usually the episodes kick off at the trailhead. The process of deciding what size weather window is good enough, putting together partners, etc., would be an interesting angle.

Great chill episode. As someone who is slowly building their backcountry skills, the first year of missions has been super informative and fun.

Random aside: I might need a break from Cody, as Im starting to see his likeness in strange places. It was watching Nature Cat with my kiddo, most recently: Name:  Hal.png
Views: 1310
Size:  11.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I just watched another video of someone skiing Shasta and they made it look super hard, but you all made it seem like a relatively easy one.
    Maybe mediocre amateurs? They admitted to taking a wrong line.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Maybe mediocre amateurs? They admitted to taking a wrong line.
    Yeah. That was the one.

Gear nerd warning.
    I was surprised to Gaffney on Blizzards instead of K2 in the Shasta episode.
    Love the series and stoked for more this season.

What a great line to end the season! Though it's powder skiing season now, that episode made me pine for roasting in the alpine sun during spring volcano season.

Keep em coming Cody and Bjarne. Stay safe out there.

The Shasta episode may be one of the best ones yet!

Not the gnarliest line, but you guys did a great job of capturing the fun of skiing and spirit of the mountain. Anyone who has ever laid eyes or skis on Shasta understands the allure and pull of that mountain. Looking forward to what this season has in store for you, good luck!

The FIFTY

No daffy on that little jump at the bottom? Color me disappointed.

Mediocre amateur?

ETA: plugboots beat me to it

Well, that made me want to go hit Shasta this Spring...

This part for the lulz though.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shasta_lulz.png 
Views:	245 
Size:	859.7 KB 
ID:	309754

Right that looks like a good time! Feel like the up maybe wouldn’t be quite so easy for me but definitely doable

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Mediocre amateur?

ETA: plugboots beat me to it
    I guess I’m late to the party on Mediocre Amateurs

I guess I’m late to the party on Mediocre Amateurs
    Stumbled across that one last night, probably like many of you, it was "suggested" by YouTube's might algorithm. I live pretty close to Shasta and have skied it a few times and literally winced while watching that footage. You might be out of your element if you're way off route and struggling to find the words to describe "off route." Mediocre seemed like an overstatement on that outing. Sorry for the hate and being a bit OT.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Stumbled across that one last night, probably like many of you, it was "suggested" by YouTube's might algorithm. I live pretty close to Shasta and have skied it a few times and literally winced while watching that footage. You might be out of your element if you're way off route and struggling to find the words to describe "off route." Mediocre seemed like an overstatement on that outing. Sorry for the hate and being a bit OT.
    Watch more of their videos. They are super fit and know what they’re doing, they just try different routes for the hell of it sometimes. Basically they’re strong enough to just kinda say fuck it and keep going. They have TGR humor mostly too.

" slightly easier than unmedicated child birth"

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    Well, that made me want to go hit Shasta this Spring...
    You’d fucking love it. June?

Yeah me too. Volcano fever! When was it filmed?
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Mediocre Amateur is right! In all seriousness, those jokers did climb it in December (different ballgame in winter conditions), and they climbed a route with actual route-finding (Green Butte) unlike Avy Gulch aka the Bowling Alley aka the 405 Freeway. Shasta does have more glaciated routes, more complex climbing routes, and definitely steeper, way more interesting skiing, but Avy Gulch is in the book and rightfully so - it's a damn C L A S S I C. Not much better than sun-soaked corn splashing for 7k. Starting in the Trinity chutes, where Cody and crew did, is the way to go.

For those who haven't skied it, yes, it's a long slog. But the skiing is ridiculously enjoyable. AKB's 12 year old daughter skied it last year.

GAPERsaurus - that's funny as hell.
    sproing!

Avi gultch is a classic and must ski line, once. West face is much better, conditions permitting.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I dig this series, have told several friends about it, and have subscribed to the channel.

Just want to say good job and thanks for the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Avi gultch is a classic and must ski line, once. West face is much better, conditions permitting.
    My preference on Shasta is actually the North side. Avy Gulch is damn fun though too. Hell, most of the mountain is damn fun skiing but I on average stay away from the crowds of Avalanche Gulch.

As far as Mediocre Amateurs go, it's definitely a different style of content but there are some cool things they do for sure. Not totally my cup of tea but they do a good job on explaining everything, focusing on the numbers and line selections and what not. Something I'm trying to incorporate more of but it's hard because I have to go out of my way to talk about things like stats on mountains cause it isn't on the top of my list when thinking about mountains and lines.

me too, brewers creek ftw, based on my limited experience.
    1 avy gulch ski and 1 ski out of brewer creek.
    Aggressive in my own mind

You don’t have to do anything the amateurs do. They’re just different and I appreciate their vids for what they are. Basically I like how they give each other shit for being fat, all the while running 20 miles and 6K of vert in a day.

I liked the amateur’s sunset descent.