Page 30 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: The FIFTY

Another great episode, nice work!

Hell yeah! I was eagerly waiting for this episode since I skied it last month. The video is making all the memories come flooding back. We opted for the skier's right line off the summit instead of down the ridge. Turn of your life is exactly what I was thinking at the time, too!

I really enjoyed the planning phase of the episode as well.

Such an amazing line for both climbing and skiing, and my favorite thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Hell yeah! I was eagerly waiting for this episode since I skied it last month. The video is making all the memories come flooding back. We opted for the skier's right line off the summit instead of down the ridge. Turn of your life is exactly what I was thinking at the time, too!

I really enjoyed the planning phase of the episode as well.

Such an amazing line for both climbing and skiing, and my favorite thus far.
    Skier's right line? Like closer to the exposure? Confused that there were other options on lines down that thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Skier's right line? Like closer to the exposure? Confused that there were other options on lines down that thing!
    Yeah, closer to the exposure. A few turns straight down off the summit, watching sluff fall into the oblivion, then a gnarly traverse to the skier's right of the cliff band. We had climbed it first to make sure it went because your line didn't look like it was in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Yeah, closer to the exposure. A few turns straight down off the summit, watching sluff fall into the oblivion, then a gnarly traverse to the skier's right of the cliff band. We had climbed it first to make sure it went because your line didn't look like it was in anymore.
    pics dude?
    Bad assed lines

Cody - about the bit where you change from clear glasses to darker lenses...

do you wear prescription glasses? or do you just like having a clear lens on during headlamp hiking/skiing?

if they are prescription, what brand/source?

sorry if this has been covered before

The FIFTY

Just watched the Pyramid episode. Fuck that’s steep at the top. You were booting up a ladder on that final pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Cody - about the bit where you change from clear glasses to darker lenses...

do you wear prescription glasses? or do you just like having a clear lens on during headlamp hiking/skiing?

if they are prescription, what brand/source?

sorry if this has been covered before
    No, hasn't been covered. Reason I had them on was because we were towing behind a snowmobile at 3:00am. So something to block the wind and then sort of forgot I had them on. I occasionally tour with the clear lenses if it's stormy and windy though...for the same reason as towing behind a snowmobile.

Great episode. Your camera man is a fucking rider. Equipment malfunction would've rattled a lesser skier... Im just gonna use this flimsy little strap to fix my broken boot then drops in to 60 degrees with exposure. I hate to say it but the camera doesn't do these lines justice, it makes every pitch look 20 degrees mellower than it actually is. Loving this series just wondering if it has become too much like work or if your still enjoying the project as much as you thought you would.
    Cheers

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

Puckerfest ! Wow another great episode. Really well done.

Congrats, Cody, on completing a big one, and getting to ski it in mostly good conditions. And thanks. I deeply appreciate this project and all the work that goes into it. You are creating one of the true classics when it comes to ski movie story telling.

Really enjoyed the recent Landry Line episode and love that you dedicated it to Sam!

Great stuff. The music definitely amped it up a bit.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Great episode. Your camera man is a fucking rider. Equipment malfunction would've rattled a lesser skier... Im just gonna use this flimsy little strap to fix my broken boot then drops in to 60 degrees with exposure. I hate to say it but the camera doesn't do these lines justice, it makes every pitch look 20 degrees mellower than it actually is. Loving this series just wondering if it has become too much like work or if your still enjoying the project as much as you thought you would.
    Cheers

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk
    My boot malfunction is partly why I don't go out there an explicitly share what I do to them, because if it goes wrong and you fuck up like I did with a quarter turn too tight of a bolt turn and a dab too little loctite, it can get really dangerous really fast. Luckily I felt confident in my jerry rigged fix because I've done it before, granted, I made my left foot downhill turns extra cautious that day.

To your last question, the lines, planning, travel, climbing and skiing them has not even remotely lost its fun so far. I've been relishing in the challenge physically and mentally of making it happen. The thing no one sees, the logging, editing, social media, marketing, content management, sponsor coordination, publishing, PR, financial management...all that shit, yeah that's been overwhelming and exhausting. Essentially I rotate between planning and executing a huge day in the mountains to then 3 days straight on the computer until we go do another line. Next year if I get more budget, I'm 100% planning on hiring a production assistant.

Another fun episode!

“Salmon of Capistrano.” Ha!

Thoroughly impressed by this series. A great end to the season, and looking forward to next year!

Loving the references to Zoolander and Dumb and Dumber. If you can squeeze in a Better Off Dead, Id be really impressed.
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

As you wish
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

This one and every other episode has been really awesome!! So fresh! The filming, the humour, the mishaps, anticipation and tension created by these gnarly lines in sketch conditions....thanks for all the stoke Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    I hate to say it but the camera doesn't do these lines justice, it makes every pitch look 20 degrees mellower than it actually is.
    Stock footage makes it looks pretty steep steep and exposed. The neurology powered brain/mental "ReGnar" of true angles and exposure makes it ass puckering...too bad there's no software that electronically restores the TruGnar after the lens DeGnars the p.o.v. footy...or is there? (just a layman here).

Another great episode. Thanks for taking us along for the ride, Cody. Love the p.o.v. stuff...well, not just the p.o.v. stuff; every episode in their entirety have been first class...holistic synergy; the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
    Last edited by swissiphic; 05-24-2019 at 10:45 AM.
    Master of mediocrity.

Hey Cody, is there anything people can do to help you out on this? I'm getting more enjoyment out of what you've produced than most ski movies so I'd be happy to kick in a few bucks or pester potential sponsors.

Thank you for the great videos, Instagram posts and being active on TGR. It is a very cool way to follow the project.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Hey Cody, is there anything people can do to help you out on this? I'm getting more enjoyment out of what you've produced than most ski movies so I'd be happy to kick in a few bucks or pester potential sponsors.

Thank you for the great videos, Instagram posts and being active on TGR. It is a very cool way to follow the project.
    Subscribe to the youtube channel, at minimum, if you haven't already. That's gotta help with sponsors.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I've never subscribed to anything on YouTube. Ever. But I will for this series.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I've never subscribed to anything on YouTube. Ever. But I will for this series.
    Pretty much nailed my thoughts.

Pyramid was sick.

The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    As you wish
    Not a ski movie... :-) or more specifically, a movie that includes skiing. Inconceivable, I know...
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar