Page 59 of 132 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    I was legitimately trying to do this and missed one of the best weather windows Mt. St. Elias has ever seen during my potential window. But since I'm a film production, I have to get film permits for National Parks, therefore I have to be in touch with Parks Service and it was very ill advised I make a trip up that way during this time from the words of the Parks Service. I checked the weather nearly everyday and was just continually crushed as the main crux of St. Elias, the weather, was about as friendly as it could be this season.
    It is strange that we have bureaucracy for this. Thanks for following the rules, but man, permits to film some guys walking in the woods? We have some first world problems around here.

At least I have a new thing to ask the go pro dude. "Are you permitted for that thing?"

Quote Originally Posted by Canada1 View Post
    It is strange that we have bureaucracy for this. Thanks for following the rules, but man, permits to film some guys walking in the woods? We have some first world problems around here.

At least I have a new thing to ask the go pro dude. "Are you permitted for that thing?"
    You only need a permit for commercial use. So that the NPS can monitor (and get a little financial support) when big productions are happening.

But I'm guessing the problem is what commercial video production looks like has evolved far faster than the NPS ability to deal with it. It used to mean big productions with big rigs that would have an impact on the space and other visitors and potentially make a good deal of money. Now it's a couple of smelly dudes with small kits eeking out a small living on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    But I'm guessing the problem is what commercial video production looks like has evolved far faster than the NPS ability to deal with it. It used to mean big productions with big rigs that would have an impact on the space and other visitors and potentially make a good deal of money. Now it's a couple of smelly dudes with small kits eeking out a small living on YouTube.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by LegoSkier View Post
    Damm man. This sounds crazy https://snowbrains.com/cody-townsend...es-windscreen/

Glad you are alive and didn't end up like that guy in Lethal Weapon 2.
    Jesus. Learn how to use a cam strap. It’s not hard. Hopefully he’s got glass coverage

Damm man. This sounds crazy https://snowbrains.com/cody-townsend...es-windscreen/

Holy shitballs!

Heh, sorry, couldn’t resist

That's a free sup, what are you talking about? Full win, even considering the cost of the windshield, which probably was cracked anyway.

Bright side folks, bright side.

Kick it out, drive home, and craigslist the sup FTMFW. Kiss the wife of course.

You just dodged one. That's one less on the hills.

Namaste MF.

umm, yeah that was me. sorry cody. can i has my sup back now? It was from SUP USA and came in a greyish silver bag with rips near the nose.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    umm, yeah that was me. sorry cody. can i has my sup back now? It was from SUP USA and came in a greyish silver bag with rips near the nose.
    If he signs it, maybe he can an extra hundo in Tahoe area, or a go fund supwithmywindshield?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    You only need a permit for commercial use. So that the NPS can monitor (and get a little financial support) when big productions are happening.

The problem is definitely that, they haven't evolved to new media and each individual park is trying to interpret a new set of guidelines issued in 2017...which has only further complicated the entire permitting system. In Canada, they just developed and implemented a "Small Group" permitting system to address smelly guys like me in the Canadian Park System and it's absolutely awesome. You simply have to register, get a rapid approval, read and obey rules and check back out. It all can be done within a day. Whereas in many of our National Parks, you have to apply 90 days out, with a specific film date request (that doesn't tend to work for what we do obviously) and film out the same forms a Hollywood production would. I've been trying to get permits for NPS simply because it's the right thing to do, but the bureaucratic nightmare it can turn into is almost worth just casting it aside and hoping for the best.

The one thing I've noticed though is that they usually only crack down on the people that don't follow the very important rule in life, "don't break two laws at once". For instance, YouTube vloggers that hop fences to trample in geyser beds in Yellowstone get film permit prosecution in addition to punishment for their other idiocy. So while I definitely abide by rules, get the proper climbing, backcountry and wilderness permits, don't fly drones and don't break other rules, it's still not the best look to not get proper permits. And since one park has told me I'm not commercial and don't need permits, while another park has told me I need permits, it gets really confusing really quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post

Yeah, just give me your insurance information and phone number so the CHP can contact you and it's all yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Yeah, just give me your insurance information and phone number so the CHP can contact you and it's all yours!
    Why you gotta go all calling the cops man? You a square?

Seriously though when I saw the post on inst i was like whoa....shit must've gotten real fast. Glad you and the wifey are all good. Looks like the foils were fun though eh?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

That SUP story reminds me of Steve McKinney. Taking all sorts of individual, calculated risks that, if wrong, could be disastrous and makes his way with it only to be taken out by some ass-clown while pulled off the side of the interstate. What a weird irony. Glad you didn't have the same end results as Steve, Cody.

Bjarne is selling the van.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Cheaper than I thought. $67k.

Damn I wish I was in some sort of state of life to buy it.

...and don't worry he's only selling it because he loves making vans and wants to do another one before the winter.

Bjarne's van is doooope. Can't wait to see what he ends up building this time around!

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post

Bjarne's van is doooope. Can't wait to see what he ends up building this time around!
    really nice work. love the simple ski storage. the woodstove cracks me up!

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Why you gotta go all calling the cops man? You a square?
    yeah what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post

much respect to both, but you don't need all that. i have the same vehicle, 136 wb/2500.

i paid 26k a 2.8/ 8 dwn. put 2k into it. put 35k a yr on it for the last 3 yr. .

buy a promaster, insulate the f out of it, put a table/cooler behind the drivers seat

bed in back, pull trim when you can, jerk off

ski every day. that is all

dream vehicle? like a car, that most of us have? jesus christ.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    of course. sixty seven thousand usd? mine books at nine, thought some moron may pay 30 for it.

i'm driving mine till 400k

nothing in that van, time or materials, changes the value of that vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by byates1 View Post
    nothing in that van, time or materials, changes the value of that vehicle.
    simply not true. even from an insurance standpoint it's not true.
    Sounds like you did shoddy work and dropped the value of your van is what it sounds like. And your 4 back to back posts don't make you sound bitter at all.

Newsflash. People will pay more for stuff that they want in addition to what they just 'need'.

i agree. vanlife is waning. it's a 2014 ram promaster. i'm not bitter at all. i'm stoked on my promaster.

sure there are some upgrades that anyone can do. i'm not going to fan the fanboy flames though.

i was raised in upstate ny, bitter is in my blood. newsflash:

that 2014 ram promaster is worth 20k.

shoddy work. huh. rear parking brake assembly, valve body on the trans, cooling fan motor, shifter cable,

the above are all recalls fixed for free at any dealer, and have nothing to do w a fridge or a bed.

or a live edge table.