Page 22 of 132 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: The FIFTY

Quote Originally Posted by Angle Parking View Post

Episode was fantastic overall but as soon as I saw buddy drop the knee and heard other buddy vapidly philosophizing about the euphoria of it all, I must admit I cringed.
    Ah, come on. It's like that Jennifer Aniston romcom none of us would admit to.
    We all have a small part in us that would love to run with the wabbits and drop that knee chasing the double rainbow. You have to let your inner hippie out!

Episode was awesome! What I find fascinating in the US is the bushwhacking, the scale of everything is so much larger.

Good interview with Cody on the project on Cripple Creek Backcountry’s podcast.

Episode was fantastic overall but as soon as I saw buddy drop the knee and heard other buddy vapidly philosophizing about the euphoria of it all, I must admit I cringed.
    I disagree. Watched this with my wife last night and she was giving me shit the entire time about risking my life out there and buddy summed it up perfectly for me at the end. Feel the exact same way when I get back to the truck/sled/cabin after a massive day ticking off new lines and zones.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    I disagree. Watched this with my wife last night and she was giving me shit the entire time about risking my life out there and buddy summed it up perfectly for me at the end. Feel the exact same way when I get back to the truck/sled/cabin after a massive day ticking off new lines and zones.
    +1 on this. He did as good a job putting it into words as most of us could. It's not an easy feeling to describe, I tend to be quiet about it and walk around with a beer and a giant grin but I don't have someone sticking a camera in my face expecting me to have something to say...

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Good interview with Cody on the project on Cripple Creek Backcountry’s podcast.
    Oh shit, excited to listen. Totally Deep is one of, if not my favorite, ski podcast. Doug/Randy/Kalous are a great trio. Listen from here: http://totallydeep.libsyn.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    +1 on this. He did as good a job putting it into words as most of us could. It's not an easy feeling to describe, I tend to be quiet about it and walk around with a beer and a giant grin but I don't have someone sticking a camera in my face expecting me to have something to say...
    Also, Nick Russell is a mountain hippy who rarely wears less than two hats at once... He's gonna shred lines, bring posi vibes and say funky shit. I'm sure Cody was aware of that when he signed him up.

This was a cool adventure to watch him get weird on:

27° 18°

Best Zoolander reference yet - "I think I got the black lung Pop..."
    The K-12 dude. You make a gnarly run like that and girls will get sterile just looking at you - Charles De Mar

heard other buddy vapidly philosophizing about the euphoria of it all, I must admit I cringed.
    Man, that seemed like genuine stoke to me. Not any of that ig manufactured look at me bullshit and after watching "the last hill" it seems Nick Russell is just genuinely stoked on life. I fucking love that shit!

Thanks for sharing that vid danmelon! that was rad!

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Also, Nick Russell is a mountain hippy who rarely wears less than two hats at once... He's gonna shred lines, bring posi vibes and say funky shit. I'm sure Cody was aware of that when he signed him up.

This was a cool adventure to watch him get weird on:

That was great, thanks. Pure style. Remember to smile is the first rule

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Agreed if I didn't feel that way after a long day in the mountains I'm sure I'd rethink why I spend my days daydreaming about the next opportunity to get out there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    Man, that seemed like genuine stoke to me. Not any of that ig manufactured look at me bullshit and after watching "the last hill" it seems Nick Russell is just genuinely stoked on life. I fucking love that shit!

Thanks for sharing that vid danmelon! that was rad!
    Exactly. That's exactly who Nick is and is exactly why so many of us going into the mountains with him. He brings so much positivity, stoke and happiness its hard for it not to positively affect your own day. Oh and plus he's strong as hell on the up, rips on the way down and has keen mountain skills. One of my favorites to be in the mountains with.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Exactly. That's exactly who Nick is and is exactly why so many of us going into the mountains with him. He brings so much positivity, stoke and happiness its hard for it not to positively affect your own day. Oh and plus he's strong as hell on the up, rips on the way down and has keen mountain skills. One of my favorites to be in the mountains with.
    who breaks trail better? him or Rubens?

Besides the inspiring emotive stoke that goes beyond the effable...Nick...droppin' the knee for uber vert @ >=45ish degrees in what appeared to be less than perfect groomed corduroy? There are levels to this game. Respect.
    Master of mediocrity.

Who brought the haterade? Seriously...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Another excellent episode. My main reaction was, "I want to ski with that Nick dude."

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

if you are ever up in the adk, it's on me. legit. nice fucking work mister.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTAH View Post
    100% agreement
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I demand more tele turns!
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

New episode tomorrow?

The Grand

Jimmy Chin has to be one of the biggest bad asses on the face of this planet.

"I'm excited that I'm not filming this." lol
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

and that will surely be the highlight of my day.

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    Jimmy Chin has to be one of the biggest bad asses on the face of this planet.
    And so down to earth. Nice addition to the guest list.
    Cool to see hesitancy and respect given to the weather, snow conditions, and exposure.
    In all episodes.
    Cody and Bjarne, you have entered the realm of mentoring through social media.
    Whether you know it or not.
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

The grand and so casual about it. That's a new fave episode

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app