Page 46 of 132 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

This series is incredible - when I'm working from home I just put it on all day long. Especially love the mountaineering aspects.

Other than racking up the view count on the youtube vids and buying a truck full of Yeti coolers, is there any other way to support this endeavor so I can help make sure it keeps on chugging along? I'd like to see "the next fifty" at some point.

Been a fan of the Platypus 1L bladders because of their shape and how they can fit in a pack (and when empty take up no space), usually run 2x 1L in my pack, and for resort days I put a 1x 500ml in my jacket pocket if I won't be passing through the lodge. Never had an issue with them breaking but I guess it can happen, bigger risk is the cap blowing away on windy days when you are taking a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Been a fan of the Platypus 1L bladders because of their shape and how they can fit in a pack (and when empty take up no space), usually run 2x 1L in my pack, and for resort days I put a 1x 500ml in my jacket pocket if I won't be passing through the lodge. Never had an issue with them breaking but I guess it can happen, bigger risk is the cap blowing away on windy days when you are taking a drink.
    I had the same experience as Cody. Platypus leaked on me after 40ish uses, I picked up an MSR Dromedary for big days but have only used it a few times as I've mostly gone back to a 1L Nalgene.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I had the same experience as Cody. Platypus leaked on me after 40ish uses, I picked up an MSR Dromedary for big days but have only used it a few times as I've mostly gone back to a 1L Nalgene.
    I use a 1L LIFE WTR bottle my daughter left here. It's relatively thick plastic that's lasted a 3 seasons so far, weighs about the same as a Nalgene lid, it's tall and narrow, it was free, and fits very well along the side of my pack.

I generally carry a couple cans of a hop/water solution under pressure in a thermally sealed container for protection, as well as a liter nalgene of plain water for training weight.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I've used and completely beaten to shit these bladders for many years. They make them for the israeli military. I'm talking I have trashed these things, and they do not break or in any way not do exactly what they are designed to do. Highly recommend.

https://sourceoutdoor.com/en/10-hydration-systems

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I use a 1L LIFE WTR bottle my daughter left here. It's relatively thick plastic that's lasted a 3 seasons so far, weighs about the same as a Nalgene lid, it's tall and narrow, it was free, and fits very well along the side of my pack.
    Pretty common for through hikers to use these and SmartWater bottles for their cheapness, weight and durability.

Great series, enjoyed it much more than all of the big-budget ski movies I've seen in the last 20 years combined. Keep on keeping it real.

Dude! I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Bjarne is seeing someone else.
    https://www.worldsurfleague.com/post...-sneak-preview

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    This series is incredible - when I'm working from home I just put it on all day long. Especially love the mountaineering aspects.

Other than racking up the view count on the youtube vids and buying a truck full of Yeti coolers, is there any other way to support this endeavor so I can help make sure it keeps on chugging along? I'd like to see "the next fifty" at some point.
    I don't know yet. I need to some time not focused on making the project a reality to think about that. But otherwise, what you said helps the most. Thank you man.

Swatch, Smith, Solly, Sam splints (think I exhausted the S’s) etc etc.

Enjoyed the backpack episode.

Thanks for being you Cody, Bjarne, et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    I don't know yet. I need to some time not focused on making the project a reality to think about that. But otherwise, what you said helps the most. Thank you man.
    Have you thought about a Patreon page yet? Seems like something quite a few YouTubers are add to make some extra $$.. I'd be down to send a couple bucks every month to keep this project going!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TGR Forums mobile app

time to rethink my repair kit,
    i can strip it down a bit

still going to carry a comprehensive first aid kit with ABDs

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Have you thought about a Patreon page yet? Seems like something quite a few YouTubers are add to make some extra $$.. I'd be down to send a couple bucks every month to keep this project going!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TGR Forums mobile app
    This is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    This is a good idea.
    Not sure if it is. It's could complicate things. For instance, if you are pulling a permit and stating it's for a non-commercial use, a patreon account could foil that.

Here's a good breakdown of their take just because I was curious. I know a lot of Youtuber's who wouldn't have the resources to post if it wasn't for Patreon.

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/19/p...ing-from-5-12/

Got some Cody Townsend Le Send socks and I can attest to blister free touring. They are sweet! I can’t believe they are reasonably priced too. Git sum!!
    Last edited by montpow; 02-04-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    I generally carry a couple cans of a hop/water solution under pressure in a thermally sealed container for protection, as well as a liter nalgene of plain water for training weight.
    I’ve been burying my emergency supply of hop water in snow on the way up.

Am I exposing myself to unnecessary risk not carrying this all the way to the top? It’s worked out so far but maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    I’ve been burying my emergency supply of hop water in snow on the way up.

Am I exposing myself to unnecessary risk not carrying this all the way to the top? It’s worked out so far but maybe I’m just one of the lucky ones
    Think it through man. Suppose your caught in a slide and while probing one of your searchers hits one of the beers????

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Think it through man. Suppose your caught in a slide and while probing one of your searchers hits one of the beers????
    Oh damn, knowing the people I ski with they’d drink it for sure.

Classic example of the scarcity heuristic trap.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

after a probe strike they'd have to shotgun it. so at least they could be back to searching for your corpse rather quickly

Fifty crew in the Hood

saw IG indicating Bjarne & Cody working on mt hood this morning
    [edit]link removed for personal info revealed
    Last edited by ::: :::; 02-10-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Some personal info in there that I’d not want on forum. Of course I don’t do IG/FB Tick Tock or any of that bullshit anyways. Just saying...

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Some personal info in there that I’d not want on forum. Of course I don’t do IG/FB Tick Tock or any of that bullshit anyways. Just saying...
    I noticed that too & almost commented directly on it
    link deleted above

Pineys afraid of the nordie setting the pace!

Dood, why didn't you just start on the trail?

lol

watch out for snakes