Page 34 of 132 FirstFirst ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread: The FIFTY

Just watched. Great episode, great perspective. And there was one little segment in there, with a gopro skiing down some lower angle untracked pow, that just rang my bell, so to speak, that just said "wow, I need that, I want that, and winter's coming so I might get that soon".

Nice work.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Got me stoked for skiing. Middle Teton looks like a fun line. Thanks for more stoke !!

Dude, thanks for this! Lots of positive vibes in that video.

Loved the middle teton and the return if the fifty. Seriously Cody you're onto something here. This has got me more stoked for skiing in a 15 in a youtube video than the normal fall offerings of ski films. Well, I was stoked on those too, but this was different/better.

Damn nice lookin day for that line.

Nice to hear the Smileys perspective on lists and motivation.

Great kickoff! Good luck this year Cody and safe vibes to all

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    So psyched this is back...
    whathesaid

As to why your rucking water on the up and not on the down - at least some of it to enhance your eccentric effort; I'm confused... sensitive set of achilles?

That said, maybe this pro tip will help too /:~>

Name:  60478697_10157133629927744_3570880237036109824_n.jpg
Views: 1285
Size:  52.7 KB

high regard for what you've done

looking forward to what you do
    ​I am not in your hurry

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    As to why your rucking water on the up and not on the down - at least some of it to enhance your eccentric effort; I'm confused... sensitive set of achilles?
    So in the context of “what he does”, what would be the benefits of carrying the weight downhill? I think the benefit of added resistance going uphill is obvious.

Awesome job. That looked like some fine skiing!

Episode was awesome, stoked for the year to come!

Cool to see the FIFTY bringing people together like it is.

Stay safe out there and enjoy yourself Cody!

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    So in the context of “what he does”, what would be the benefits of carrying the weight downhill? I think the benefit of added resistance going uphill is obvious.
    Agree with your observation. I could do a diatribe based on personal experience but, it occurs to me that Alka is possibly working to Max on ascent and speed on decent.

Having never done weighted and speed together impe

Any Which Way ... fun factor low
    ​I am not in your hurry

So if you guys want the whole background of why I'm training with heavy bags on the way up, going slow and keeping my heart rate low, check out Steve House's book, "Training for the New Alpinism". I don't entirely understand the physiological basis but it makes sense to me after going through what I went through last year.

Oh and to why I'm dumping water at the top...because fuck carrying 55lbs of water downhill. My meniscuses would probably explode if I was trying that. But ultimately there isn't a need be training concentrically for my quads as the skiing part, which relies on concentric muscle contraction, isn't as nearly exhausting as six thousand vert of boot packing, eccentric muscle work going up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    ...because fuck carrying 55lbs of water downhill. My meniscuses would probably explode .
    Yeah, I'd have thought that was obvious...

Again great work and I really hope the weather turns out to work in your favor this year (again for the most part).
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

because fuck carrying 55lbs of water downhill.
    Also, If one ever needs more intensity going down hill one could always.... run faster. It's fun.

Cool concept, makes logical sense... curious if you can update us on how you feel later in the season versus past couple years. How much you weighing these days, you look thinner than before this whole Fifty thing.

Just did a binge watch of all the episodes. My satellite TV provider started to carry the youtube channel. Freakin' awesome to watch on the big screen and not the computer.

So I was curious about the injury/rescue episode. Was there any ever backstory to that? Where did he come from? Did he follow your tracks? Private heli? Injuries? How is the person doing? Quite an amazing story for sure.

I would have some respect for this if they went out and did it quietly, without any fanfare or publicity. No matter how impressive the feat (which it objectively is), I have no respect for the self-aggrandizing Instatwit bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    I would have some respect for this if they went out and did it quietly, without any fanfare or publicity. No matter how impressive the feat (which it objectively is), I have no respect for the self-aggrandizing Instatwit bullshit.
    I feel the same about all athletes. Pretty easy to hit a home run in the World Series with all those fans watching. My respect goes to the guy hitting em out in the local beer league softball games. It’s the quiet heroes that matter.

But they’re not the ones making (or trying to make) a living out of it....

fkna cool project. stoked for another season. nice fucking work.

good on ya for watching weather and planning for multiple seasons. don't listen to all these internet vape heads.

lock em out, take your time, listen, and let em rip when conditions allow.

But ultimately there isn't a need be training eccentrically for my quads as the skiing part, which relies on eccentric muscle contraction, isn't as nearly exhausting as six thousand vert of boot packing, concentric muscle work going up.
    FIFY. Concentric on the up, eccentric on the down.

Great episode!

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Also, If one ever needs more intensity going down hill one could always.... run faster. It's fun.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Cool. Well then I've got the guy for ya. Noah Howell has been quietly trying the fifty classics for well over a decade. Ah shit, you know what, he's making a movie too about it because it's rad to get paid to ski. Like really cool. I mean, no office, no bosses, set your own schedule, go ski for the day and it's technically a "work day", tax write offs are great too... Hmm, well looks like you're gonna have to do your best to ignore it. Or wait, why don't you give it a try and don't tell a soul, then maybe you'll have some respect for yourself! Give'r buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    FIFY. Concentric on the up, eccentric on the down.

Great episode!

Yep.

Ahhh, and this is why I'm a pro skier.