Page 109 of 132 FirstFirst ... 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

Thatd be a tough call id imagine. Isnt tnf of robson on the list? All about conditions and i think that line has only had 5 people(3 seperate days) ski it

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

8 left?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

And the hiking trail up Robson is still closed half way up. There is another entrance but it is a long long detour

Theres
    Polar Star on Baffin
    Robson
    Columbia
    Split
    Bloody
    University
    Mira St Elias

Must be missing one. Im betting Columbia is done and possibly Split & Bloody.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    Theres
    Polar Star on Baffin
    Robson
    Columbia
    Split
    Bloody
    University
    Mira St Elias

Must be missing one. Im betting Columbia is done and possibly Split & Bloody.
    It will not be done by the end of the year, that’s for sure. The main problem is so many of the crux lines overlap on timing. With the need to spend a lot of time on the cruxes, I can’t go in wham-bam style. Plus that’s not what I want to do in terms of personal preference, safety and film making. This project would’ve been a lot easier without the film making / episode creation aspect of it. But I’d also be broke and not have a job anymore. Plus I really really enjoy the creative process and story telling aspect. My hope this next year is to get 5 done and work on the last two in the background quietly.

However it works out it's a monumental effort, good on ya. We've all enjoyed your teams hard work. Insane amount of effort.

My intermediate skier wife watched a couple Fifty episodes over my shoulder at the computer and decided she wanted to watch the whole series (on our TV). She likes Cody because he does not come off as a conceited brobrah. And she likes the scenery, and the uphill. Anyway it has been interesting to go back and revisit the early episodes and compare the production value to the more recent episodes. Pretty damn cool creative project, Cody. You and Bjarne deserve major props.

agreed
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I’m really looking fwd to Baffin island. I hope you can take the time while out there and hit multiple lines.

This has surely pushed forward the envelope of what is possible, it would have been a shame not to document it.

The route finding, solid judgement, knowing when to say when all contribute to a orchestra of back country deliciousness that will be hard to surpass or even equal. Do it in Europe and Asia next?

The Cody and Bjarne type II fun team is great to watch and the “colorful” side characters flush out the story.

After having watched the progression of ski movies over the years i feel this has evolved it to a better and more realistic endeavor. One that many of us could dream to attempt a line or two.

Kudos to Mrs Cody, Elise, in that she has allowed him to sally forth and travel in the mtns as I would surmise she and he would rather spend time with the family unit at times.

Keep on doing what yall be doing.

TOML
    Last edited by SB; 02-02-2023 at 03:41 AM.
    watch out for snakes

Had you just ticked of all 50 lines, your name would just be a line in some obscure skiing reference book. Kind of like Dav's and the Colorado 14s project. This is a body of work that will be around and watched for sometime to come. As Yeahman has said, it is fun to go back and watch previous episodes, and I always look forward for the next drop. It will be a good summer activity to rewatch the episodes on a big TV, but I think it will take more then a few six packs.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    No no no, you have to start with your feet in the ocean, buck naked and walk to the summit from the ocean while avoiding even seeing a single person, a single human or animal track, plane flying overhead and without looking at the stars or sun for navigation to call it a solo, unaided ascent and descent. There are rules here people. If we don't have rules in the mountains then how are we to have fun!
    If you wish to make a cherry pie, you must first create the universe - Carl Sagan

been home sick as hell for a few days - entertaining myself with some old episodes

https://youtu.be/tn-8_8ozDYQ

totally worth a watch just for the ski/bike shenanigans at the end
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Had you just ticked of all 50 lines, your name would just be a line in some obscure skiing reference book. Kind of like Dav's and the Colorado 14s project.
    15 years later and the person who didn't secure film permits for Dav's 14ers movie is STILL catching flack

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    I’m really looking fwd to Baffin island. I hope you can take the time while out there and hit multiple lines.
    I kayak, and it would be rad if Cody and Bjarne linked up with Erik Boomer and Sarah McNair-Landry up there. They've done some awesome human/dog-powered arctic ski+ expeditions

Quote Originally Posted by weibo View Post
    And the hiking trail up Robson is still closed half way up. There is another entrance but it is a long long detour
    Moose?

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    My intermediate skier wife watched a couple Fifty episodes over my shoulder at the computer and decided she wanted to watch the whole series (on our TV). She likes Cody because he does not come off as a conceited brobrah. And she likes the scenery, and the uphill..
    Hmmmm is that like when I tell my wife I like the swimsuit shots because it helps me scope new vacation spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Moose?
    Yep. I don't know what the second half is like but the Horseman brushed the first half this summer. I think it's 55k.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Hmmmm is that like when I tell my wife I like the swimsuit shots because it helps me scope new vacation spots.
    I accused her of having a crush on Cody but she said she wants to see him without a hat first.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    I accused her of having a crush on Cody but she said she wants to see him without a hat first.
    There is a reason I always wear a hat FYI

There is a reason I always wear a hat FYI
    Heh.
    Five head?

The fifty is awesome.
    But I’m loving the take a lap series. Surprised there aren’t more views on YouTube.
    I hope you make an edit of the best of the best laps. That would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Heh.
    Five head?

The fifty is awesome.
    But I’m loving the take a lap series. Surprised there aren’t more views on YouTube.
    I hope you make an edit of the best of the best laps. That would be awesome.
    More like developing my own solar panel.

It will not be done by the end of the year, that’s for sure. The main problem is so many of the crux lines overlap on timing. With the need to spend a lot of time on the cruxes, I can’t go in wham-bam style. Plus that’s not what I want to do in terms of personal preference, safety and film making. This project would’ve been a lot easier without the film making / episode creation aspect of it. But I’d also be broke and not have a job anymore. Plus I really really enjoy the creative process and story telling aspect. My hope this next year is to get 5 done and work on the last two in the background quietly.
    I appreciate the time this project has taken. Alot of things these days seem to be rush, rush, rush. Be safe out there, I'll gladly wait however long before the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    This has surely pushed forward the envelope of what is possible, it would have been a shame not to document it.

The route finding, solid judgement, knowing when to say when all contribute to a orchestra of back country deliciousness that will be hard to surpass or even equal. Do it in Europe and Asia next?

The Cody and Bjarne type II fun team is great to watch and the “colorful” side characters flush out the story.

After having watched the progression of ski movies over the years i feel this has evolved it to a better and more realistic endeavor. One that many of us could dream to attempt a line or two.

Kudos to Mrs Cody, Elise, in that she has allowed him to sally forth and travel in the mtns as I would surmise she and he would rather spend time with the family unit at times.

Keep on doing what yall be doing.

TOML
    Couldn't have said it better myself. It's always nice to see the judgement and decision making in the episodes.

Another great season, Cody. Thanks.