Page 103 of 132 FirstFirst ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 3291

Thread: The FIFTY

The carbon ice axe is available here

https://en.montaz.com/ice-rock-idol-p163447.html

Sent from my moto g 5G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Westcoaster View Post
    Seems like the coaches split up? Not sure what happened between Johnson and House.
    House is still listed as a coach on their site, and Johnson still runs the podcasts.

Not to derail this thread further but last UA podcast appears to be from August.

Scott Johnson's new company launched sometime in late September?
    https://evokeendurance.com/ . Doesn't seem to show up very well in google searches.

Huh. Anyway, end derail. I'd also be interested in a training bonus episode.

watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Just because something has 50 in the title doesn't mean it belongs in this thread...

The last few pages of this thread have been a slog....

Speaking of slogs, the new episode does not dissapoint.

Route finding
    Long day
    Adventure skiing
    steep skiing
    pow skiing

Entertaining as always. Nice work Cody et. al.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    The last few pages of this thread have been a slog....

Speaking of slogs, the new episode does not dissapoint.

Route finding
    Long day
    Adventure skiing
    steep skiing
    pow skiing

Entertaining as always. Nice work Cody et. al.
    Thanks. It ended up being a pretty straightforward day all things considered. My takeaway is that the NE of Swiss is a classic. It's as rad of a run as it gets and to get it in good conditions, like we somehow lucked out with, is bucket list material. I would say if anyone wants to repeat something like this, skip Rogers and just go for NE of Swiss. Granted it's a gnarly line that you have to be absolutely certain of before dropping in.

Where’s the Uber tour? Cody, your pursuit of the 50 is the Uber tour!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik View Post
    Thanks. It ended up being a pretty straightforward day all things considered. My takeaway is that the NE of Swiss is a classic. It's as rad of a run as it gets and to get it in good conditions, like we somehow lucked out with, is bucket list material. I would say if anyone wants to repeat something like this, skip Rogers and just go for NE of Swiss. Granted it's a gnarly line that you have to be absolutely certain of before dropping in.
    Did you reach out to Dav/Penn/Art to get the real story on the "Uber"?

You know you've been through some serious schwack fests when 39 trips in, an exit that looks absolutely horrible barely gets mention.

The exit was the scariest part of the second line. Thin sketchy snow over exposure... yikes.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I liked the part where Cody repeatedly stated that going over the tracks was highly illegal.

I can only assume the cameras were then turned off and you all proceeded to walk over the tracks

Yeah, a couple of shots of that exit looked fucking scary. Maybe not "fall you die" scary, but certainly "fall and you will be severely fucked up" scary.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What skis are you and Greg on? Proto MTN 105s??

Emma looks like she's on the new MTN 96. What a badass.

ETA: that looked like about my ideal (massive) day of touring for serious lines. FKNA!
    Last edited by meter-man; 11-17-2022 at 01:09 PM.
    sproing!

Hard to tell but the top of that line(swiss north) is very steep with a fair but of exposure, the line is massive. One of the longest laps in the canadian rockies. Its been getting skied more as of late, like most things, but i still think it only gets a few descents/year despite being an all up then all down highway access zero approach traverse(with the added skin back below the tracks). Its not quite tnf of robson but it is that one on most ski mountaineers list that they just havent gotten to. Tnf of rogers to start and the route finding on to tnf of swiss adds a fair bit of adversity to a line that already has a lot to think about. The locals adversity add on prrhaps? Super impressive for Ms Patterson to slay that as her 1st rogers pass ski, and like it was just a fun day out. Thats a loong day. Longer than the 7k feet would suggest. The skin out to stone arches mustve been heinous. Fun watch. The skiing looked sooo good

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ey_allen View Post
    I liked the part where Cody repeatedly stated that going over the tracks was highly illegal.

I can only assume the cameras were then turned off and you all proceeded to walk over the tracks
    For sure. "Hey just walk down there to that cement thing to make it look like we're going under"

IIRC it's just tresspassing on private property. Tough to get arrested for, but certainly not something you'd want to record yourself doing and post on the internet.

The major problem is that both cp rail and parks take it very seriously and areas end up getting shut down for everyone. Theyve considered shutting everything down different times or atleast talked about it. The rail and the highway are priority

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    The major problem is that both cp rail and parks take it very seriously and areas end up getting shut down for everyone. Theyve considered shutting everything down different times or atleast talked about it. The rail and the highway are priority

Exactly

Cannot mention enough of this, it only takes a few to fuck it up for everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Hard to tell but the top of that line(swiss north) is very steep with a fair but of exposure, the line is massive. One of the longest laps in the canadian rockies. Its been getting skied more as of late, like most things, but i still think it only gets a few descents/year despite being an all up then all down highway access zero approach traverse(with the added skin back below the tracks). Its not quite tnf of robson but it is that one on most ski mountaineers list that they just havent gotten to. Tnf of rogers to start and the route finding on to tnf of swiss adds a fair bit of adversity to a line that already has a lot to think about. The locals adversity add on prrhaps? Super impressive for Ms Patterson to slay that as her 1st rogers pass ski, and like it was just a fun day out. Thats a loong day. Longer than the 7k feet would suggest. The skin out to stone arches mustve been heinous. Fun watch. The skiing looked sooo good

There are two entrances for NE of Swiss, both very steep and very exposed. Getting caught in your slough on the entrance we took, would definitely b fatal. You're right, it's definitely been getting skied more and more, yet still probably only has a handful of descents per year because it is a very serious line with very high consequence. To me, the added complexity with throwing Rogers is was fun for sure. And you can take Roger's a bit deeper than we did, but then it puts you climbing under some very large, a very active seracs. Plus about a week before, a guide got caught in a small slide and was feet away from being dragged into a very deep crevasse. So ultimately, I wouldn't do the link up again because it's not that worth it. But I would honestly set a lot of stuff aside in life to ski NE of Swiss in the conditions we got it in again. It should be one of the most sought after lines in the Selkirks because it is seriously rad...granted, there is a lot of other stuff out there that will remain unnamed and unmentioned that could be as equally as bad ass out there. Just a lot less eyeballs on them than Swiss since you can see the NE face of Swiss from the road.

Story telling keeps getting better and thanks to all the guests who show up to tour with you; sure adds a lot. Great kickoff for ski season

Exactly. Roger's Pass skiing is under constant threat to be closed down. People skiing in closed zones, crossing railways and skiing without Winter Permits is a path to get it all shut down. The highway and the railway pretty much find all skiers a complete and total nuisance and if they could, would shut it down in a second. So yeah, the fine would suck. Being the person that gets a drainage totally shut down would be far worse.

Cody, one of your more impressive feats this season is getting those ZipFit GFT liners into your MTN Summit boots. Any tips? Did you cut out the gaiter or something? I tried to get my GFTs into a pair of MTN Summits today and didn't even come close, even with a ski boot horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jongle View Post
    Cody, one of your more impressive feats this season is getting those ZipFit GFT liners into your MTN Summit boots. Any tips? Did you cut out the gaiter or something? I tried to get my GFTs into a pair of MTN Summits today and didn't even come close, even with a ski boot horn.
    Well, I do have 27.5 liners in 28 shells, so maybe that's how. I have Intuition Pro Tour liners in my 27.5 Summit MTN boots and the GFT's in my upsized 28 shells. So probably that has something big to do with it.

hey alka: what's the deal with calling it the "ne" face of swiss? was there a local's or first descensionist's tribunal that i missed hearing about? you on a unilateral side quest for naming accuracy in ski descents? (it should prob be the "nne" face then... ha!) or am i confused as to what you skied?

cause as far as i know what you skied down, after rogers, has been called the "n" face of swiss for as long as it has been skied...

i do agree that if there was a way to guarantee mint conditions, this is a line that people should drop everything for... i skied it a couple years ago and didn't get it in as good of conditions as you got... despite the more careful turning and less ripping result, it was still the sweetest line i've had the chance to ski down so far... hence the personal interest in hearing the rest of the story regarding your naming proclivities!