Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
    Federal review says skier triggered deadly Taos slide

Forest Service regional Winter Sports Coordinator Adam LaDell said Monday that the agency’s review showed ski resort personnel complied with operating procedures, including detailed snow safety procedures that accompany each day’s decision on whether to open lifts and ski runs.

He said the procedures at Taos are in line with the industry’s current standards for best practices on snow safety.

“We didn’t find anything in our review, any red flags, anything they weren’t doing that’s in their permit,” LaDell said. “I’m very confident, where I’d go up and ride it and have no questions. Unfortunately things happen, very unfortunately.”
    https://www.abqjournal.com/1340855/f...aos-slide.html

I'm glad it was determined to be an accident and not negligence on tsv. Nothing would bring those guys back, so best to 'help' give the patrol a clear conscience even though they are surely still questioning what they could have done differently. To me it's similar to a suicide of someone you know...what could I have done differently...and in the end it's typically nothing.

RIP