Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    marker hate is overrated
    i dont put markers on my skis or recommend others do because 2 decades of ski techin has shown me their shit breaks more, tests poorly and has a lot of flaws and is often poorly designed and questionable durability
    not hate
    #redshifts
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Marker hate is very much warranted. As stated above, shop techs know the deal. Salomon, Look or Tyrolia, never Marker.
    crab in my shoe mouth

#bringbackthe15
    Click. Point. Chute.

Side note: just ended up with some Marker comp 20s. Din 11-20.
    Planning on skiing them at 11. Am I gonna die?

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i dont put markers on my skis or recommend others do because 2 decades of ski techin has shown me their shit breaks more, tests poorly and has a lot of flaws and is often poorly designed and questionable durability
    in my short time in a shop i saw more marker failures than anything else by far - no matter how much you adjusted them they just seemed to get worse, threw away a lot of bindings

im in the pivot crowd but have much much love for the sth, something about that snap of the toe piece release is satisfying to me...

Haven't thought about bindings for about 10 years. What's good these days?

Had/kinda still am a Marker guy w/Jesters. Have Jesters on my Katanas. But I’m starting to see the light.

Have been a tech about 10 years at a very busy shop...I put a lot of Markers, Looks, Tyrolias and Salomons on a shit ton of skis each winter. We are doing a lot of Tyrolias this winter....the Attack is killing it. Last year it was the Warden.

I am starting to sway a bit from my Marker love.....This winter I switched the quiver on family/friends to:

- Pivots on my Wren108’s
    -Attacks on my daughters Sheeva9
    -Attacks on my buddies 100eights
    -Attacks on my wife’s Black Pearl98’s.

....I still don’t think I can give up my Jesters.....but I have definitely changed my opinion over the last 10 years....With installing/remounting/testing, etc......the Look, Tyrolia and Salomon seem to be right on.