Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anybody Else Giving Their Liver A Rest For January?

Not too tough, other than wanting wine at dinner. Sleeping better, and dreaming more.
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Just so happens today is the first day running out of the woods... February 1st is on a Friday, just sayin.

Anybody Else Giving Their Liver A Rest For January?

Dry since the 1st, really liking it actually. Feel way more athletic. I might be done for way more than January.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Not too tough, other than wanting wine at dinner. Sleeping better, and dreaming more.
    Yep both wife and I are and was just thinking to myself my dreams are way more vivid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

truthfully i've found some....ahem...other...things to be busy with and I've gone from drinking maybe 6-10 beers a week to maybe 2. I won't say zero but Iv'e cut way, way back. YMMV
    "Can't you see..."

There were some valiant efforts but try as they might, they could not brake me .

Couldn't even slow you down, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    truthfully i've found some....ahem...other...things to be busy with...
    Sex? Opioids? Haiku?

Cryptic post is cryptic.

I've cut way back, I sleep like shit when I got past about 4 drinks in a night. I've also switched from mostly beers and cocktails to a single highball at night. The next step will be to go from tonic to soda water for daily drinking.

I smoked weed for the first time in months this past weekend and I'm still over it. Teenage me would never have expected that.

Was shooting for the whole month, but slipped up and had a few drinks with the boss at a work dinner last week.

Feeling great. Sleeping like a log. More energy. Less anxious. Got kiddo #2 coming in a month or so and want to feel ‘ready’ and rested. Problem is I got all these different bourbons open....

But I think I’m gonna try and keep it going into Feb, and at least cut back/limit my intake.

Mostly dry, except for a few events this month. Lost about 15 lbs without doing anything else different. Apparently drinking a sixer of IPA every night on the couch with shots of whiskey in-between is a great way to earn a spare tire. Amazing that I'm not 300 lbs already.

I’m still rolling, love the way I’m feeling. And the money saved is no joke. Gonna keep it going for a while
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Mostly dry, except for a few events this month. Lost about 15 lbs without doing anything else different. Apparently drinking a sixer of IPA every night on the couch with shots of whiskey in-between is a great way to earn a spare tire. Amazing that I'm not 300 lbs already.
    Ha... I'm down 11 lbs. I attribute that to not just not drinking but the poor decisions that go with downing a 6, like finishing a family sized bag of chips followed by a pint of hagen daz.

Yes, drying out.
    Got sick in November and stopped drinking.
    Got pneumonia in December from being sick in November so stayed dry.
    I did drink while skiing last week but dry this week again.
    I like having alcohol on my ski weeks.Cutting back is definitely better for me though.
    I was getting tired of being hungover at least twice a week.

Not young anymore and what time I have left is better spent being productive right now.
    I do notice that my pain level is pretty high without alcohol.
    That part sucks. To those drying out good luck and get some shit done while you can.

Nope. Going dry after the 1st week of Feb. (in UT again with my kid, her College buds, and a couple of my best friends.) Not limiting it to those three weeks either. Need a break from King Booze.

Still going strong and hasn’t been too tough. Miss it most after doing some sort of work in the yard when it’s cold, a nice beer at 3:30 on a Saturday isn’t a bad thing. I’ll more than make up for it next weekend, wife and I are off to Costa Rica for a vaca

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can we have your liver?

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Huh. I hadn't even thought about it til this thread, but I guess I gave it a rest without even realizing it! After all the gorging on sugar, awesome foods, and consuming plenty from Thanksgiving through New Year's, it's funny how our bodies just kind of go into autopilot eating healthy and not drinking for a while after. I didn't even realize I was eating way healthier and not drinking til now. Not that I was drinking a TON, but I'd at least have a glass of wine before bed most nights, and I haven't even been wanting that these last few weeks. Maybe I'm just getting older too as I simply don't punish my poor liver quite like I used to. It used to at least get a good flogging every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    Ha... I'm down 11 lbs. I attribute that to not just not drinking but the poor decisions that go with downing a 6, like finishing a family sized bag of chips followed by a pint of hagen daz.
    That sounds more like weed
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Yes. It was’nt bad at all, even lost a few pounds.
    Will be crushing Miller Lites Friday night. Very excited.

I'm pretty content sticking to 1 beer per night Sunday-Thursday, and 2-3 per night Friday and Saturday. For me, it's easier to maintain that consistent restraint/moderation than to allow myself to indulge, then go cold turkey to rest/recover.

Props to those taking extended breaks.

Fuck that shit. I've got 3 teenage boys in the house. No way I even *consider* going dry until they're all out of the house.

Name:  xhomer.gif
Views: 279
Size:  197 Bytes

had a dry-er january; failed at the cold turkey. feel remarkably better nonetheless

Thinking of finishing out the rest of the month on the wagon.

My toe was hurting, I did some doctor google and it said to stop drinking and cut out caffeine. I went to the sports med doc and he said that was BS, no correlation. Still, I went most of the month - maybe 4 cups of coffee and 4 glasses of wine. Need that coffee for those 3:30 am drives to Plattekill. Wine... don't really need it.

I did lose some weight, never imaged the two were related. Feel pretty good.