• Splitter

1 5.88%
  • Supermoon

5 29.41%
  • El Kanone

9 52.94%
  • Smmokan

1 5.88%

MPC #174 VOTING THREAD: Red And White (1/16 - 1/20)

The color red can be quite striking when contrasted with white. I was looking to see what kind of creative photos the local photogs could come up with.

Here are the Finalist:

1. The AD

2. Splitter

3. Supermoon

4. El Kanone

5. Smmokan
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.
    http://tim-kirchoff.pixels.com/

Bump
    Aim for the chopping block. If you aim for the wood, you will have nothing. Aim past the wood, aim through the wood.

Bumping to get more voters.

One more bump?

Sure.+
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Congrats on the win El Kanone! Your turn to start the next MPC.

Congrats EK! Nice shot.

New MPC?? Phil feel free
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

Quote Originally Posted by BaNosser View Post
    New MPC?? Phil feel free
    There are a lot of reasons the MPC's are fading. This run of inattention and awareness doesn't help the MPC's get back on track.

I also get why the long MPC's have become the norm, hoping to get more entries. That doesn't seem to be working consistently either. I think consistency and activity keep it going.

I'd be down with starting the MPC tradition from 0 again. Leave out the "past MPC's" Revisit older, good, accessible topics (leading lines, silhouette, etc).

It seems it's always ebbed and flowed with truth and whatever Grant Kaye used to post under. Then the outtabounds/Fuzz era. Sometimes it feels like we have a number of new folks willing to step up and contribute. Let's nurture that and give reliable Maggot Photo Challenges. Shoot the photographically relevant topic/technique. This shouldn't be about a large amount of time so someone might happen to accidentally get a shot that fits.

If not a lot of people contribute after a few go 'rounds, well, that wouldn't be much different than now.

But reliability and accessibility in the topics I think are strong contributors to the demise.

I agree.. open it back up to all prev MPC topics..
    'To quote my bro
    "We're not K2. We're a bunch of maggots running one press at full steam building killer fukkin skis and putting smiles on our friends' faces." ' - skifishbum '08

"Adios Hugh you asshole" - Ghostofcarl '14

believe...

I agree with that. I think we can start doing repeats of older ones for sure. Maybe just post the ones from the last year?

EK, let us know if you want to run the next one. If not I’ll post one up tomorrow.

Occasional contributor here -
    I'm totally into revisiting old topics, especially since I wasn't photographing until recently.
    FWIW the broader the topic, the easier it is for me to get shots that fit. I'd be a much better photographer if I went out shooting specifically for MPCs but the reality is I just don't have time. When the topic is broad enough that I can shoot something while I'm already out with my camera anyway, I'm much more likely to be able to submit an entry.

How's about we start using contest topics that are relevant to the season or time of year? For example, the new one should be "Snow Sports". Because a lot (a LOT) of people on here are taking skiing and snowboarding pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    There are a lot of reasons the MPC's are fading. This run of inattention and awareness doesn't help the MPC's get back on track.

I also get why the long MPC's have become the norm, hoping to get more entries. That doesn't seem to be working consistently either. I think consistency and activity keep it going.

I'd be down with starting the MPC tradition from 0 again. Leave out the "past MPC's" Revisit older, good, accessible topics (leading lines, silhouette, etc).

It seems it's always ebbed and flowed with truth and whatever Grant Kaye used to post under. Then the outtabounds/Fuzz era. Sometimes it feels like we have a number of new folks willing to step up and contribute. Let's nurture that and give reliable Maggot Photo Challenges. Shoot the photographically relevant topic/technique. This shouldn't be about a large amount of time so someone might happen to accidentally get a shot that fits.

If not a lot of people contribute after a few go 'rounds, well, that wouldn't be much different than now.

But reliability and accessibility in the topics I think are strong contributors to the demise.
    I agree with all of this. Starting from scratch would also make setting up each new MPC much easier since the backlog of old MPCs is rather cumbersome to work into the new MPC threads.
    And at this point I do think shorter may be better. Keeping the MPC to no more than three weekends should be doable without hurting the number of entries.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    How's about we start using contest topics that are relevant to the season or time of year? For example, the new one should be "Snow Sports". Because a lot (a LOT) of people on here are taking skiing and snowboarding pictures.
    Since Fuzz hasn't participated in quite some time, this shouldn't be a problem as I think everyone else is in the northern hemisphere.