Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    With respect to the NRA, I am not a member, don't want to become a member, and they never, to my actual knowledge, launched ads for the purpose to shaming people.
    they wouldn't sink so low....
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

POW (protect our winters) or as I call them the biggest bunch of hypocrites on snow. Oh we care so much about the winter and our planet, oh look theres no snow here lets all get on planes / helicopters and burn a fuck tonne of jet fuel to find more snow.

Skiing / the ski industry is never going to be good for our planet, just accept it or give up and go and live up the mountain and tour. Until you do either, your not protecting your winter.
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Marker products

Soon to be black Diamond after they’ve had my beacon for warranty since November and its now halfway through january, those guys can get shafted after after having my most important back country safety equipment for half the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    POW (protect our winters) or as I call them the biggest bunch of hypocrites on snow. Oh we care so much about the winter and our planet, oh look theres no snow here lets all get on planes / helicopters and burn a fuck tonne of jet fuel to find more snow.

Skiing / the ski industry is never going to be good for our planet, just accept it or give up and go and live up the mountain and tour. Until you do either, your not protecting your winter.
    This is a common argument I hear against POW but I don’t think it’s a good one.

They are not advocating we all become perfect vegan, backcountry only skiers who never travel. They are advocating for sensible environmental policies which we currently are nowhere near having.

Does the industry have a sizable carbon footprint? Yes.
    Can we do a shit ton to offset this carbon use so the industry is net neutral? Absolutely and taking global warming seriously is a key part of this.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Any brand that tests on animals. Yes I'm one of those people.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Any brand that tests on animals. Yes I'm one of those people.
    What makeup do you like to wear then?

Quote Originally Posted by PNW_Skier206 View Post
    This is a common argument I hear against POW but I don’t think it’s a good one.

They are not advocating we all become perfect vegan, backcountry only skiers who never travel. They are advocating for sensible environmental policies which we currently are nowhere near having.

Does the industry have a sizable carbon footprint? Yes.
    Can we do a shit ton to offset this carbon use so the industry is net neutral? Absolutely and taking global warming seriously is a key part of this.

I think its a very good one, they should lead by example, all of them. Until then they are the problem more than most of us (I ski once a year and try to limit my use of air travel unless its totally necessary).

I mean the uk ambassadors jetted out to the winter Olympics which was a whole environmental disaster of its own. If they had any principles they would have refused to attend such an event.

Also being a vegan isn't the best for the planet, rice paddies are one of the biggest out puts of methane into the atmosphere and almond milk is so bad for the environment it makes air travel look green...
    I Came, I Saw, I .... Made A Slight Effort & Then Went Home For Lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by lordf View Post
    I think its a very good one, they should lead by example, all of them. Until then they are the problem more than most of us (I ski once a year and try to limit my use of air travel unless its totally necessary).
    I mean, yeah, sort of.

But... (See other thread linked above. Also, skiing just once a year would be a bummer. Sorry about that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Sierra Trading Post

But only the TJ Maxx version. Totally busted them trying to resell a kayak I returned that should have been destroyed at the factory and then some moron tried to tell me I owed several hundred $ in shipping. Fuck STP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    Aw, just smile more. You're so much prettier when you smile.
    That one is a mystery to me. I've never, ever heard a man tell a woman to smile. It's such a weird thing to say, don't get how it's a thing. Apparently it must happen once in awhile though.

Am pretty annoyed by shameless use of the term "toxic masculinity" though. It's every bit as offensive as saying "toxic Jewish traits", "toxic Black culture", "toxic homosexuality" or any other racist or sexist stereotype. You can't fight racism or sexism by being openly racist or sexist; you'd think this would be common sense.

With respect to the NRA, I am not a member, don't want to become a member, and they never, to my actual knowledge, launched ads for the purpose to shaming people.
    Arguably, they launched a entire tv network with the purpose of shaming people.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    Arguably, they launched a entire tv network with the purpose of shaming people.
    I'm not a member and haven't seen it, who do they shame, and how?

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    I'm not a member and haven't seen it, who do they shame, and how?
    They shame the liberuls for being a bunch of America hating, immigrant loving, abortion having, goddamn pussies.

Exxon-Mobile. I should probably boycott BP too, but when you run low on gas, and that's the only option...well, I don't own a Tesla, and I ain't walking.

I also started boycotting plastic straws. But I'm surrounded by plastic, so not sure what good it's going to do.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

NRA: Guns don’t kill people, people kill people!!

Me: Ok I see! Let’s legalize all drugs because drugs don’t kill people, people who misuse drugs kill people.

NRA: Are you out of your fucking mind!?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    ^^^^^^THIS!

I'm fine with differing opinions and the chance to debate and disagree in this country. I hate brands telling me how to think.
    They're not telling you how to think. They're telling you how they think. There's a difference. But if you prefer all of a company's profits to go into the pockets of the executives and shareholders, instead of a small portion going towards a cause you don't like, that's your right.

If I like it, I buy it. And I don't turn to products to give me a social conscience.
    But fuck Nike anything.

Do you boycott any products?

Patagonia, and now Gillette.

I can't fucking stand "SJW" companies. I wish businesses would shut the fuck up with politics.

Looking after the environmental isn’t/shouldn’t be political. Shaming an outdoor company for leading by example and caring for the world, and using its platform to do good towards our environment should be commendable, and not a reason for boycott.

I have no idea how Gillette saying ‘don’t be a cunt to each other’ could possibly be political, by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husbands too, because they raping everybody out there.

You can run and tell that, homeboy!

I boycotted serial dramas. But I think I gotta watch Breaking Bad. I also boycott Popeye's for weeks at a time.
    Why in the FUCK would you boycott the best spicy crispy in da badness?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Patagonia, and now Gillette.

I can't fucking stand "SJW" companies. I wish businesses would shut the fuck up with politics. Also actors, comedians, musicians, or anyone else relying on the consumer-public. Let your fucking product or service stand on it's own fucking merit.

Oh yeah, how could I forget Subaru? Fuck those fucking fucks up the ass with a broken bottle forever.
    I disagree.
    Most big companies have politics of one sort or another. And, when you buy from that company, your money finances their politics. I really appreciate it when a company is public about where my money goes.
    Maybe you used to buy Gillette products. Now that you know that you are supporting causes you disagree with, you can buy elsewhere.
    I like where Paul Newman's profits end up. If I am looking at a variety of products, and one is Newman's, I generally buy it. It helps that the company makes good stuff
    While I don't eat a lot of fast food, I happen to know where money from Chikafil and dominoes goes. Not a place I want my money going. I appreciate that they are public about how they spend the money we give them.

Just curious- why do you want to fuck those fucking fucks up the ass with a broken bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    They shame the liberuls for being a bunch of America hating, immigrant loving, abortion having, goddamn pussies.
    Only because some of its true.

Nike: sticking up for every wife beating, whoring around, can't stop doing coke, carrying a gun onto a plane, gang banger piece of shit athlete of theirs because they might sell a few pairs of shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by HHTELE View Post
    While I don't eat a lot of fast food, I happen to know where money from Chikafil and dominoes goes. Not a place I want my money going. I appreciate that they are public about how they spend the money we give them.
    And Papa Johns.. Even though he's no longer in the board he's still the top owner and profits go towards his preferred political candidates and lobbies.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Only because some of its true.

Nike: sticking up for every wife beating, whoring around, can't stop doing coke, carrying a gun onto a plane, gang banger piece of shit athlete of theirs because they might sell a few pairs of shoes.
    You spelled Scotty McCreery wrong.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

that place with the obnoxious gear gurus that cold email you, that lets returns sit for a week before they officially "receive" them, and doesn't offer anything unique anymore.