Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Do you boycott any products?

Not trying to name and shame here, but are you currently boycotting any companies or product?

-Actions of their parent company (don't want to turn this into a political circle jerk).
    -Poor customer service/warranty experience in the past
    -Poor product reliability. Their other product is shit
    -Poor product value. Their other product is expensive AF

About to end a boycott myself over a poor warranty experience. I figure the new product is a leader in its category and there has probably been full turnover within the company with whoever dealt with my case

In the end, ultimately it probably makes sense to buy what gives you the best value. Ie: I don't agree with what Vista Brands donates to, but from an environmental and economic standpoint, I think less Camelbaks have made their way to the landfill due to leaking than comparable hydration bladders.

Brands? No. Stores? Sure.

I have preferences, but I don't boycott any brands. I prefer Norrona or Patagonia over TNF, Mountain Hardware, etc. but I wouldn't abstain from purchasing something from either of the latter two if they offered something Norrona or Patagonia didn't.

If someone were to give me a giftcard to any brand's store I'd probably keep it if I had need of it.

Pottery Barn.

Fuck that place.

The attitude of it "it's a privilege you get to own our stuff" is their customer service.

Bought a couch and came with some defects.

Walmart can suck a bowl of dicks.

Lots of stores, and a few brands. It's not a hard boycott (sometimes you need XYZ whatever), but I'm willing to drive further or pay more to be true to principles whenever possible.

Harry Potter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Patagonia, and now Gillette.

I can't fucking stand "SJW" companies. I wish businesses would shut the fuck up with politics. Also actors, comedians, musicians, or anyone else relying on the consumer-public. Let your fucking product or service stand on it's own fucking merit.

Oh yeah, how could I forget Subaru? Fuck those fucking fucks up the ass with a broken bottle forever.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Apple and and any iGadget. Started with their ridiculous copy proofing of music and media files. If I bought the CD or download I should be able to copy the MP3s to as many different hard drives and devices I want, whenever i want, drag and drop with no additional permissions or re formatting hoops to jump through. Never have any issues with non Apple platforms doing that.

Kids did go with iPhones and the IP over protection hassles aren't as bad as they were when we first looked at Apple devices about 10 years ago. Son loves the iPlatform, daughter wants to go back to Andriod next phone. So, 3 of 4 SumJongs still hate Apple.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post

I can't fucking stand "SJW" companies. I wish businesses would shut the fuck up with politics. Also actors, comedians, musicians, or anyone else relying on the consumer-public. Let your fucking product or service stand on it's own fucking merit.

Oh yeah, how could I forget Subaru? Fuck those fucking fucks up the ass with a broken bottle forever.
    ^^^^^^THIS!

I'm fine with differing opinions and the chance to debate and disagree in this country. I hate brands telling me how to think.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Patagonia makes / sells mountain bike clothes. And then turns around and donates a ton of money to groups that are hell bent on banning mountain bike access anywhere they can. Fuck Patagonia.

Gillette boycott amuses me. The commercial was basically, "don't be a fucking dick and bully people." Not exactly an "SJW" thing. Just common fucking sense that seems to be lacking with a lot of dipshits who teach their sons to be dipshits. You can be tough and stand up for yourself and not be a fuckhead. Apparently some people think this isn't an issue though...

For myself, the only thing I can really think of is Chick-Fil-A. But that's not hard because I don't eat shit food a ton, and their move into California is pretty recent so there haven't been many locations until recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

TNF for turning into banana republic for a while there. As an example: had a brand new 2 person tent leak like a sieve on us during a Denali trip. Sucked bad, as it was about 40 degrees the entire time, and rained the entire time. Finished the trip, drove into Anchorage, and returned it to the EMS there for a Marmot, which I am quite happy with. I have other examples which I will spare you from.

The Fuck Me Silly Sally Love Doll by Yangfung Enterprises. This company and as far as I'm concerned the entire country of China can go fuck themselves for foisting shoddy, overpriced crap on an unsuspecting consumer.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

I can't fucking stand "SJW" companies. I wish businesses would shut the fuck up with politics.
    SJW?

How do you feel about Hobby Lobby.. or Gun corp's donations to the NRA?

After all companies are people too.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    The Fuck Me Silly Sally Love Doll by Yangfung Enterprises. This company and as far as I'm concerned the entire country of China can go fuck themselves for foisting shoddy, overpriced crap on an unsuspecting consumer.
    Gear swap?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Any music with autotune
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Marker Bindings and The Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Any music with autotune
    Hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husbands too, because they raping everybody out there.

You can run and tell that, homeboy!

I boycotted serial dramas. But I think I gotta watch Breaking Bad. I also boycott Popeye's for weeks at a time.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Gillette boycott amuses me. The commercial was basically, "don't be a fucking dick and bully people." Not exactly an "SJW" thing. Just common fucking sense that seems to be lacking with a lot of dipshits who teach their sons to be dipshits. You can be tough and stand up for yourself and not be a fuckhead. Apparently some people think this isn't an issue though...

For myself, the only thing I can really think of is Chick-Fil-A. But that's not hard because I don't eat shit food a ton, and their move into California is pretty recent so there haven't been many locations until recently.
    Same here. I won't go to that place. I drive by them all the time and they are busy with their clients. No way I join that crowd. I doubt I am missing much.

+1 for marker products. Not a hard boycott, I just try to avoid after having issues with multiple bindings and hearing about all the issues with the kingpins.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Gillette boycott amuses me. The commercial was basically, "don't be a fucking dick and bully people."
    Yeah, right. I can't wait for the follow-on commercials to air:

The Gillette ad telling Muslims not to blow up non-believers. Followed by:

The Gillette Ad telling blacks men to not be criminals. And, finally:

The Gillette Ad telling the Irish not to be drunks.

Watching this series of commercials is certainly going to be an enjoyable spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    SJW?

How do you feel about Hobby Lobby.. or Gun corp's donations to the NRA?

After all companies are people too.
    Nice retort. However, I am unable to boycott Hobby Lobby, as I've never had a reason to shop there. With respect to the NRA, I am not a member, don't want to become a member, and they never, to my actual knowledge, launched ads for the purpose to shaming people.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

All reasons for me to consider those products now. Because your panties are in a bunch. And why isn't this thread in the PR or polyasd?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I'm fine with differing opinions and the chance to debate and disagree in this country. I hate brands telling me how to think.
    Aw, just smile more. You're so much prettier when you smile.

Merlin Cycles online bike/parts retailer out of the UK.

I have never come across a company less willing to assist the customer when they fuck up. And more than once. Actually more than twice (I need convincing I'm a sucker). You got the right product that you ordered on time? Great, that's what they are supposed to do. Anything that is outside of that, holy shit, it is never their fault or issue.

Meanwhile any other UK online bike parts retailers I've used have been fantastic for warranty or product not as advertised issues or returns.

Just watched the Gillette ad, I thought it was good.

Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!