Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    I refuse to pay for any movie starring Tom Cruise or any other rah-rah-Scumentology celebrity.
    And fuck Mark Wahlberg for the whole store owner eye loss thing. Haven't watched one of his movies old or new since I learned of that.

Quote Originally Posted by SirHeady View Post
    It’s an incredible company that treats everyone with dignity.
    Except, you know, non-cisgender, heterosexual folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Except, you know, non-cisgender, heterosexual folks.
    Careful now, his shift supervisor is reading.

Are we still boycotting Armada?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

I boycotted the Pittsburgh Penguins after Ryan Malone banged my girlfriend.

I havent stepped foot in a Walmart in nearly 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    I boycotted the Pittsburgh Penguins after Ryan Malone banged my girlfriend.
    Oh snap!

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    And fuck Mark Wahlberg for the whole store owner eye loss thing. Haven't watched one of his movies old or new since I learned of that.
    Wut? I'm not familiar with that, but I don't really like Marky Mark movies anyways.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Caucasian Asian View Post
    Oh snap!

Wut? I'm not familiar with that, but I don't really like Marky Mark movies anyways.
    He beat up a store owner so badly during a robbery that he permanently lost vision in one of his eyes. Now it just gives him credo among all of his liberal hollywood friends apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Farmed Salmon and Imported Shrimp

Hate to break it to you, but the majority of "Wild" salmon were farmed at some point in their life cycle.

I boycott sellout breweries or breweries owned by big beer (INBEV etc).

Places like 10 Barrel/Goose Island/Elysian that build their brands off being local and community-based and then sell out to big beer don’t deserve my money. I can find plenty of amazing beer out there without filling the pockets of Budweiser or Coors.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    I boycott sellout breweries or breweries owned by big beer (INBEV etc).

Places like 10 Barrel/Goose Island/Elysian that build their brands off being local and community-based and then sell out to big beer don’t deserve my money. I can find plenty of amazing beer out there without filling the pockets of Budweiser or Coors.
    I appreciate the sentiment. Do you boycott all breweries that are partially owned too? Avery, Breckenridge, Founders? Ballast Point? How bout those owned by financial funds but not InBev? Southern Tier? Where’s your line?

Honest question.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Elysian that build their brands off being local and community-based and then sell out to big beer
    Who should the retiring owners of Elysian sold their business to? At how much loss compared to AB's offer.

The former owner I'm friends with says that they've been great to work with and are enabling them to preserve, improve and fulfill long held plans.

They still make really fucking good beer too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Its hard to say no to a big pile of money when they, INBEV, drops it on the table.

I guess you would wish the brewery owners to not benefit from their years of hard work.

^^^ Same deal at 10 Barrel. Their marketing director told me they are allowed to run the business as they see fit, with very little interference, and a much bigger budget. Good for them.

- Walmart (for all of the obvious reason)
    - Flylow (because I've been disappointed in every Flylow item I've ever owned)

For general purchases, I had a pretty good time paging through the "Better World Shopper's Guide" and comparing highly rated vs. low-rated brands. Some surprises in there, along with plenty of obvious villains.

I fully believe in the "vote with your wallet" mentality. Dirtbag/cheapskate me sometimes fails to adhere to it, but after opening that book I think about this stuff way more often than I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but the majority of "Wild" salmon were farmed at some point in their life cycle.
    You're not breaking anything. I spent over a decade towing a seine around hatchery brats.
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im boycotting everythin and all things kentucky
    sad fuckin governor of a sad fuckin state wasting his sad fuckin time defending trumpy hitler youth
    when your shithole state ranks in the cellar of fuckin fail in education, health care ,gdp, fiscal stability and economic outlook
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Haven't been to an Exxon since the Valdez spill. I know I'm not helping the environment as a whole, but it makes me feel better.
    Same

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

interesting the walmart haters. walmart sucks. pretty much all mega retail online or off sucks too.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    You're not breaking anything. I spent over a decade towing a seine around hatchery brats.

Well I'll just take my condescension somewhere else then, thank you very much.

I dunno if it's fair to say I boycott walmart but I sure hate ever going inside of one. It's like wandering into a zombie movie. I liked 10 Barrel before their acquisition, can't say I'd do any different if I was in their shoes, and their restaurant in Boise is a cool spot to go, near the dog-friendly hotel we always stay at, and it's open late. We still go there. I knew about the Chick-Fil-A kerfuffle before ever eating there and was surprised on my first work trip to ATL when all my quite liberal (and at least a couple of them gay) coworkers all wanted to eat there. When I asked them about it, every one said the same thing: "yeah but have you ever tried it?" and they were right. My only problem with them now is the drive-thru line at the closest location to me is always way too long.

Boycotting stuff is a lot of puffing-out-your-chest and nearly always a totally negligible sacrifice on the part of the consumer (as well as a totally negligible impact outside of maybe a PR impact, if you make a big thing of it). I haven't bought a Campbell's soup in years but I'm not expecting a room full of Campbell's executives to be reviewing their corporate ethics wondering what they did to lose me. There are some companies I'll go (at least a little bit) out of my way to support though, but that's usually for "I like their stuff / I have been treated exceptionally well by them in the past" reasons and not so much broader ethical concerns. Lol at people boycotting car companies; you buying that many cars? I guess you could say I boycott Raytheon but it's not like I buy my missiles somewhere else either.

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    I dunno if it's fair to say I boycott walmart but I sure hate ever going inside of one. It's like wandering into a zombie movie. I liked 10 Barrel before their acquisition, can't say I'd do any different if I was in their shoes, and their restaurant in Boise is a cool spot to go, near the dog-friendly hotel we always stay at, and it's open late. We still go there. I knew about the Chick-Fil-A kerfuffle before ever eating there and was surprised on my first work trip to ATL when all my quite liberal (and at least a couple of them gay) coworkers all wanted to eat there. When I asked them about it, every one said the same thing: "yeah but have you ever tried it?" and they were right. My only problem with them now is the drive-thru line at the closest location to me is always way too long.

Boycotting stuff is a lot of puffing-out-your-chest and nearly always a totally negligible sacrifice on the part of the consumer (as well as a totally negligible impact outside of maybe a PR impact, if you make a big thing of it). I haven't bought a Campbell's soup in years but I'm not expecting a room full of Campbell's executives to be reviewing their corporate ethics wondering what they did to lose me. There are some companies I'll go (at least a little bit) out of my way to support though, but that's usually for "I like their stuff / I have been treated exceptionally well by them in the past" reasons and not so much broader ethical concerns. Lol at people boycotting car companies; you buying that many cars? I guess you could say I boycott Raytheon but it's not like I buy my missiles somewhere else either.
    Good post, especially the Campbell execs comment, snort!

It's kind of like sitting behind the crapped out hippy van/wagon with all the environmental stickers when all the while they are leaking shit everywhere and blowing oil past the rings like a mother. If I see one more damn subaru in Montana with enviro stickers blowing smoke everywhere, I swear to gawd.....

Don't get me wrong, I've worked in the environmental field for a long time (public and private) but still shake my head at the idiocy of the far left and also understand that I could do way better. But at least realize and admit it.

How many people who proudly boycott Wally World are buying stuff from other sellers that the mom and pop bought from Wally World or Sams Club? Pretty sure half of the food and food supplies slung out of mom and pop food trucks, restaurants, and diners around here comes from there.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Pretty sure half of the food and food supplies slung out of mom and pop food trucks...
    food trucks = costco

This years fucking Super Bowl