Thread: IKON Hack

IKON Hack

Guy yesterday was stopped at the Alta Collins RFID gate yesterday with an IKON pass. Picture that popped up on screen where the ticket checker sees the image did not match. Upon further examination either an IKON employee or someone who hacked their system replaced the guys photo with an old Asian guy with only a first name, "Jerry". Name on the IKON card and photo matched the skier as well as an ID he provided. Props to Alta for not giving him a hard time, let him through and notified the other lifts of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Guy yesterday was stopped at the Alta Collins RFID gate yesterday with an IKON pass. Picture that popped up on screen where the ticket checker sees the image did not match. Upon further examination either an IKON employee or someone who hacked their system replaced the guys photo with an old Asian guy with only a first name, "Jerry". Name on the IKON card and photo matched the skier as well as an ID he provided. Props to Alta for not giving him a hard time, let him through and notified the other lifts of the situation.
    Also possible that this is IKON system’s “default profile”, to which it defaults when it’s having trouble pulling up a pass profile. Sounds like something engineers would do (making “Jerry” a placeholder). IMO it’s a bug more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by beasttowest View Post
    Also possible that this is IKON system’s “default profile”, to which it defaults when it’s having trouble pulling up a pass profile. Sounds like something engineers would do (making “Jerry” a placeholder). IMO it’s a bug more likely.
    Makes sense, all the old Asian guys I know are named Jerry.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

Generic skier is Asian Jerry?

Quote Originally Posted by hutash View Post
    Makes sense, all the old Asian guys I know are named Jerry.
    Was this the photo?

As a software engineer, I could see a Jerry "record" being used as an error response in testing and sneaking into the live system.

And here I thought I was going to open this thread and be able to get a free IKON Pass. Damn you internet!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    I don't think I'd have waited around that long...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

my wife works Guest Services for an ICON pass resort. She says there is no generic anything if there isn't a picture- actually, it's just a cartoon of a head if a pic hasn't been uploaded. Maybe this guy pissed off someone who had access to his account & they changed his name & pic.

I'd prefer this be intentional, because it's funny as hell if it is...

Jerry of the IKON