FS: #vanlife, 2004 E350 SMB 4x4 conversion

More pics in the craigslist ad. It's my ad. $42k for mags. I decide what constitutes a mag.

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/b...796033705.html

Here's the body of the ad.

This is a factory Sportsmobile conversion from a 2004 Ford E350. SMB also did the 4x4 conversion. These happened in 2004. We've owned this van for two years and love it. We also have too many vehicles and projects including buying some land and remodeling our house. I do have the title. Some banks will finance it as a class B motorhome so if you're using a loan, you may be able to get better terms.

We've owned it for a little over two years. I've spoken with the original owner...great guy with a passion for vans. It was in TX then. There is a two year history gap while the van was in CO from '14-16. We bought it from a dealer in NV in 2016.

Here's the list of what's on it and what we've done to it. I have receipts for parts and work and the mileage (not exact but those are on the receipts):

-84,000-coolant flush, oil change, transfer fluid change, transmission fluid change, AC system repairs/charge, brake master bleed, reapolsetry, new leather, headliner in front, carpet (this was done at dealer then I bought it).
    -86,000-four new Cooper Discoverer AT3s, 285/75/16, new Aluminess spare tire rack, LP and CO detectors.
    -88,000-alignment, lube, oil, filter.
    -Broke one of the top slider windows, SMB didn't have them. Nobody had a replacement. Had ARE pickup shell windows installed on both sides to match.
    -92,000-new custom springs on all four corners from Boise Spring Works. Not sure of stock or SMB lifted height so I'm guessing these are a 4-5" lift. Rides awesome regardless. 315/75/16s would clear. I should have bought new tires after new springs.
    -92,000-new ARB in rear diff, new rear axle shafts, bearings, new front bearings, Dynatrack upper and lower ball joints. Two new Interstate 4D AGM batteries underneath. New rear u-joint. Transfer case seal and service. Alignment. Syn oil change.
    -95,000-SCT Livewire, three 5 star tunes (have only tried the econo tune which adds 40 hp). Vans are detuned so this doesn't get it up to stock pickup 6.0 hp but is a good amount of power on this van. EGT probe. Oil and coolant are always within 10 degrees except going down long grades. FICM at 49. Boost in good range. Oil leak which ended up being at pan drain plug gasket so another oil change.
    -Custom front sway bar with Heims. Can't disconnect now but rides so much better. My thinking was if I need flex, I'd probably be taking my Landcruiser.
    -96,000-Motor pulled, new cam lifters and bearings, new LPOP, new HPOP, main seal, valve cover, head gasket. Turbo, FICM, hoses, belts, oil pump, injectors were all good. It's running great. It's already got the ARP head studs and a fresh head gasket. Bulletproofed except for oil pump.

Things from Sportsmobile:

-Fiberglass Super Camper top with two Fantastic Fans.
    -SMB 4x4 conversion with ARB compressor and lockers front and rear, Dynatrac front axle, Dana 60 rear, Atlas twin stick transfer case.
    -5 gal propane tank with cabin heater and two burner stove
    -Converted interior lights to LED
    -Microwave. Honestly rarely use it and would take it out for more storage.
    -Electric stove.
    -Belly storage.
    -Starcool A/C. Need to be plugged into shore power but works great and was serviced about 12k miles ago.
    -Wired for solar including controllers. Just needs panels.
    -Sink, no hot water heater.
    -20 gal water tank.
    -10 gal grey water tank (there is a crack in the plumbing that leaks a tiny amount and is easy to fix. I need to get to it or the buyer can).
    -Hook up for city water.
    -Hook up for shore power.
    -Two back benches with lap belts for six. Not super comfortable for long distances. We leave them down in bed mode with a 4" memory foam pad on top. Skis fit well underneath.
    -I cut out insulation for winter and when you want to black out for stealth camping. Stealth camping isn't really stealth in this but you can't see the light on the outside with the insulation up.

FAQs I get asked when we're out and about:

What kind of mileage do you get? Average about 14.5 mpg. Worst has been 13 and best has been 16.5.
    Do you take it lots of places? Depends on what you think lots is. We've been to WA, OR, NV, NM, ID, UT, MT, WY, and CO in it.
    Does it do well off road? Not as well as my built FZJ80 and better than my stock Tundra. Neither of which have a queen bed or kitchen in them.
    How much does one of these cost? New this van was $130k after the conversion was complete. I'm asking $45,000 today.
    How does it ride? It can do 80 on the freeway, the new springs are awesome, steering is tight and if you get tired, pull over and sleep.
    How cold have you camped? 0*. The heater kept it at 55* inside. It could have gone warmer but we didn't need to.
    Have you ever jumped it? No, that is a silly question.
    Where do you go to the bathroom? Outside, restrooms, where ever is normal to you if you don't want to relieve yourself in your vehicle. We also use a PET toilet and wag bags with a privacy tent.
    Is it good for music festivals? Depends on what you are comparing it too but yes in most situations.
    Do people talk to you a lot when you're camping and ask questions? Yes, if you are camping around people. Most people don't have a van like this to camp around people too often.

I can get more detailed pics of underneath. Request what you'd like to see and I'll take them when it's light out.

The van is in Boise, ID. We'll accept cash or a cashiers check from a bank. I'll give you the title and keys once I'm able to cash your check. I'll definitely let someone test drive but don't be offended if I tell you no if I get a super tire kicker vibe. I don't want to trade for anything, have you help me sell it, or want super lowball offers. If you're going to lowball, please do so before we both take time to meet only for your offer to be too low to accept. I may or may not respond to lowball offers. We're not in a huge hurry to sell but are also looking at land and remodeling our house. I also picked up another Landcruiser project so parking is tight at the house. My better half wants to keep it. I want some dirt. We'll see how this works out.

We are asking $45,000 and will continue to use it until it sells. It is currently at 96,000. The motor work also has a six month warranty.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do not need this. Do not need this.

Subscribed. I hope you sell it fast!

Absolutely sick build.

Dibs on the Smith thermos lid mug?
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

FS: #vanlife, 2004 E350 SMB 4x4 conversion

FKNAsick

Good luck on getting some dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by ACH View Post
    FKNAsick

Good luck on getting some dirt!
    Pros on getting dirt-all the assholes moving here figure out they should have been here yesterday and buy my dirt in some fairly unknown zones in 10 years. Or, they don’t and we have some cheap dirt with few people around to retire on someday.

Cons on getting dirt-we sell the van to buy it and the van is pretty sweet. I do spend too much at ski area bars when I can sleep in the parking lot.

badass van. Wish I had the cash

Damn, great van. This is....something to think about. Hope it sells fast!