Maui from the shore

Wife just pulled the trigger on tickets. Any shore fly fishing? Flats, suggestions? We've never been so I'am clueless.

Get on the water. Find a sunset ride boat or someone with a dinghy and ask if they can take you fishing, even if it's throwing out hand lines off the stern of a tourist boat or sailboat. The fishing is more adventurous and bountiful drifting around out there inbetween Maui, Molokai, and Lanai. More plugs and lures than flies. And prolly some whales breeching.

Thanks!!

there a flyfishing guide on the island. jon jon guess he has mixed reviews but sounds like atleast theres an option.

From my experience, Maui doesn't have flats really at all. Maybe some places on the north shore but I think that's the side that gets pounded (Jaws is over there).

But there are some rocky shores you can cast from.
    the kids are all wasted on pot listening to heavy metal

Thanks.

I Hava a friend on the west side with a tourist fishing boat if you need to get out n get your fish onnnnn

Names, website? if I'am going to sit that long in a plane i will aunt to fish! Thanks!

Have fished from shore there a couple of times casually during family trips. The only thing I've caught is a few tumpet fish. Both times it was using my 8wt in and around north Lahaina (Wahikuli park).
    "Great barbecue makes you want to slap your granny up the side of her head." - Southern Saying