Grivel Ski Matic 2.0 Crampons

Anyone in these? Kinda unique with the clamping force being on the front of the boot to avoid interfering with ski/walk mechanisms in back.

I need a pair of crampons to fit some Hawx XTDs for a haute route trip, and these happen to be available for a pretty nice price. Unfortunately no place to try on locally.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Anyone in these? Kinda unique with the clamping force being on the front of the boot to avoid interfering with ski/walk mechanisms in back.

I need a pair of crampons to fit some Hawx XTDs for a haute route trip, and these happen to be available for a pretty nice price. Unfortunately no place to try on locally.
    Haven't fondled these, but I'd recommend going to Bent Gate or Neptune and trying a bunch on your boot. With all the variation in the shape of AT boots these days, crampons really need to be tried on. Fit matters more than all the other details, at least for snow walking where just about anything will work unless it falls off. I've had to sell crampons when I changed AT boots because they didn't come close to fitting the new pair.

They fit the Alien RS really well.